No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I
Man, how lucky are we?

A full time coach doing his utmost to get us into a finals campaign, whilst having a head coach preparing for 2015 a full month before any other team.

This could be a massive advantage for us heading into the draft and help minimise the impact of the draft sanctions, let alone the pre-draft list management decisions and pre-season planning.

I am an idiot but back to back crossed my mind.

nah to be fair, it doesn't mean s**t if she's "chief football writer". She has no control over editorial decisions like that. The best you can hope for is that she's a bit sheepish about being a part of the organisation that did it.

I can actually see her trying to defend it along the lines of "oh come on it's alright when he trots his kids out in front of the media when it suits him. I think he and his kids just need to grow up!".

EDIT: Actually hadn't seen the tweet when I posted that. Still, tell me you can't see her saying that?

Last edited:
How to ruin a perfectly good footy.
BtYIXHsCIAAfqxx.jpg

nah to be fair, it doesn't mean s**t if she's "chief football writer". She has no control over editorial decisions like that. The best you can hope for is that she's a bit sheepish about being a part of the organisation that did it.

And the head coach isn't at the top of the chain of command. I'm just using her own ridiculous standards against her.

Can we ban Caroline Wilson for 12 months for poor governance?

I mean Wilson did not personally take the photo or tell the editors to put it in the paper, but she is the chief football writer (head coach) for the paper.

Just like what happened to hird don't you think?
She persisted with the Hird story, even when her colleague (RC) expressed concerns

Plus let's face it, they're probably in damage control a bit

No doubt that's true. But....every journalist (and news agency)is aware of the voluntary code of conduct they agree to act by. So many have behaved so inappropriatly for so long long now I'm a bit shocked Caro has taken a step back to see the Forrest from the trees.

It's way too late in my book. Wilson is no authority nor is any other foamer to decide when is and isn't enough. Sure Fairfax might realise they need to control some damage but in my book it's far too late.

When this episode reaches some sort of conclusion I want the players, the EFC and the Hirds (and associates) to release the hounds.
Our media needs to be put back into line in a very big way. I'm sure the EFC isn't the only club who feels this way.

Many big Australian corporations are facing obliteration in this land and I hope Fairfax is one of them. I feel sad saying this because so many people will lose their jobs but when you allow a wild attack dog like Caro off the leash, eventually you need to realise the ultimate consequences.

Down with Fairfax.

Kind of like how the senior coach doesn't control the sports science department?

Thinking of heading down to toorak with a corn cob as a microphone and just getting in everyones face and yelling questions at Christine Ahern and co.

'what's you're problem mate?, get out of here'

'What? I'm pretending to be a journalist, I thought we could do it together?'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thinking of heading down to toorak with a corn cob as a microphone and just getting in everyones face and yelling questions at Christine Ahern and co.

'what's you're problem mate?, get out of here'

'What? I'm pretending to be a journalist, I thought we could do it together?'
This too would be great
airhorn.jpg

I wouldn't use Britain as an example of possible legal avenues, everything's illegal over there.
How did those clowns get away with the phone hacking scandal?

America on the other hand...

The publishing of that photo of Hird's kid without permission is an utter disgrace and Fairfax should be absolutely ******* ashamed.

What have Hird's kids got to do with it? There is no justification for that at all. None.

The publishing of that photo of Hird's kid without permission is an utter disgrace and Fairfax should be absolutely ******* ashamed.

What have Hird's kids got to do with it? There is no justification for that at all. None.
Attack his weakest spot, perhaps? These tabloid writers have no integrity anyway, so it's not shocking to see how low they stoop.

Attack his weakest spot, perhaps? These tabloid writers have no integrity anyway, so it's not shocking to see how low they stoop.
The test I always apply in these sort of situations is, how would they feel if the shoe was on the other foot?

Would the chief editor of The Age like it if someone snapped a photo of his kid? No, of course not.

And the retort some would no doubt come up with- "butttt Hird's a public figure and a big story"- is utterly irrelevant.

Hird is a public figure. His children are not.

Leave them the * out of it, you filthy Neanderthals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back