shaun higgins.

Remove this Banner Ad

Wait until we spend our top draft pick this year on another midfielder :p

Then again, these are the same people complaining that we selected Bontempelli at #4 instead of Tom Boyd :rolleyes:

You guys have nailed your last 2 drafts (at least) off the top of my head (2011 with Clay Smith despite his injuries looks good too). But Macrae, Bontempelli, Stringer & Hrovat will be your core for the next decade.

Now, if you offered us something too good to refuse for Levi, that would be nice. Roughead looks very good. Just need that big forward and you'll make finals (IMO) next year.

(as you can tell I like the Doggies).

You guys have nailed your last 2 drafts (at least) off the top of my head (2011 with Clay Smith despite his injuries looks good too). But Macrae, Bontempelli, Stringer & Hrovat will be your core for the next decade.

Now, if you offered us something too good to refuse for Levi, that would be nice. Roughead looks very good. Just need that big forward and you'll make finals (IMO) next year.

(as you can tell I like the Doggies).
If Casboult can get his kicking right, he'd be fantastic. If he did though, Carlton probably wouldn't let him go, so we'd have to just take the punt and back Mooney in to sort him out. Roughie's a champ, grew up barracking for us and is the nicest guy you'll ever meet. I think his future is at full back, but it's been hinted at that he'll move around a bit.

I'm glad :p I won't say I like Carlton, but I like the jumper, the song, the colour(s) and the name. I'm not really sure what trips me up :confused:

It's a shame I can already imagine the usual suspects posting about how we're ignoring our need for talls. Because apparently you can only trade in one player per year :p

Agreed ET!
Today's been a tough day in the carlton threads with a certain poster being negative and wanting to give up the world for just the 1 player. When talk of Higgins began he said said we didn't need another injured player after drafting daisy.
Some cannot see the upside!

If Casboult can get his kicking right, he'd be fantastic. If he did though, Carlton probably wouldn't let him go, so we'd have to just take the punt and back Mooney in to sort him out. Roughie's a champ, grew up barracking for us and is the nicest guy you'll ever meet. I think his future is at full back, but it's been hinted at that he'll move around a bit.

I'm glad :p I won't say I like Carlton, but I like the jumper, the song, the colour(s) and the name. I'm not really sure what trips me up :confused:

I'm the same as et. Have a soft spot for you guys, always have. Very jealous of what you have picked up in the draft over the past few years. Finals aren't far.
As far as what probably trips you up into liking us could have something to do with the clubs arrogance. It's a boys club and as much as keeping mates together feels like a good idea, it's not always a good business idea and it looks bad. We try and look for quick fixes and in the past we were considered bullies. Don't worry, most blues supporters hate how our club has been run for years also.

I'm the same as et. Have a soft spot for you guys, always have. Very jealous of what you have picked up in the draft over the past few years. Finals aren't far.
As far as what probably trips you up into liking us could have something to do with the clubs arrogance. It's a boys club and as much as keeping mates together feels like a good idea, it's not always a good business idea and it looks bad. We try and look for quick fixes and in the past we were considered bullies. Don't worry, most blues supporters hate how our club has been run for years also.
That's probably it.
It's funny, I guess I've grown up in an era (I'm 18) when teams like Carlton and Collingwood haven't been as offensive to the average Footscray supporter. I like Carlton's brand and don't mind seeing them succeed, and generally the supporters seem to like us, but it's as if some obligation to hate the Blues exists.
I guess it's good for the smaller clubs like us that clubs with deep pockets like Adelaide, West Coast and Carlton are so poorly run. If equalization methods could be successfully implemented and the supporter mentality changed from jumping aboard a winning team to loving the club through thick and thin, I'd love to see what the competition could be. Pipe dream, haha. Hopefully for your sake the Blues can make a few positive changes. Trigg's appointment worries me, though.

Reckon Higgins would be a good fit for Richmond, not so much us. Having his outside ability and run off HBF is something we have, but at Richmond he'd add more than Houli or Newman, and could pick the ball off the packs quite well from Cotch, Miles and Conca.

Reckon Richmond would do worse than to offer up their 2nd rounder, but if he is a flop that's two years in a row so they would want to be pretty sure they are going somewhere over the 2015-2017 bracket.

Reckon Higgins would be a good fit for Richmond, not so much us. Having his outside ability and run off HBF is something we have, but at Richmond he'd add more than Houli or Newman, and could pick the ball off the packs quite well from Cotch, Miles and Conca.

Reckon Richmond would do worse than to offer up their 2nd rounder, but if he is a flop that's two years in a row so they would want to be pretty sure they are going somewhere over the 2015-2017 bracket.
Free agent. No trade required.

Cheers, didn't realise that. Tiges would be silly to not at least ask about him.
At the right price Id take him for us. Won't cost anything. We can still get all the kids we'd like. I'd rather Higgins than Lucas etc. He won't stop us from getting a forward or a young mid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ha ha as if we would trade for him!!!:eek: I do not even want him via FA. In fact i would trade the whole Bulldogs backline for Suckling at the Hawks!!

well we threw away a 2nd rounder for Hampson so we are known as a trade target for stupidity of the highest order!!!:rolleyes:

Ha ha as if we would trade for him!!!:eek: I do not even want him via FA. In fact i would trade the whole Bulldogs backline for Suckling at the Hawks!!

well we threw away a 2nd rounder for Hampson so we are known as a trade target for stupidity of the highest order!!!:rolleyes:

Didn't realise he was a free agent though, so yeah you're right, as if you would.

Suckling is overrated imo and would come with a much heavier price tag than Higgins. I reckon Higgins would come to a club like Richmond if he was given a clear role and thought his injuries could be better managed (no offence Doggies, some players believe that a fresh start is best for their injuries as got to try new things).

No more than other clubs - if, as Hardwick and co believe, the Richmond list is actually very good, Higgins would be a much better option than Petterd or an aging Newman or Grigg.

Didn't realise he was a free agent though, so yeah you're right, as if you would.

Suckling is overrated imo and would come with a much heavier price tag than Higgins. I reckon Higgins would come to a club like Richmond if he was given a clear role and thought his injuries could be better managed (no offence Doggies, some players believe that a fresh start is best for their injuries as got to try new things).

No more than other clubs - if, as Hardwick and co believe, the Richmond list is actually very good, Higgins would be a much better option than Petterd or an aging Newman or Grigg.

You are dam straight about Suckling except he isn't overrated. He costs more because he is a good player who actually creates wins and doesn't f... things up like a lot of backman regularly!!! Will we pay more?, no, FA or through to the keeper.

As for our list , our list is semi s**t so Higgins couldn't help us even if he was handy!!! Apart from all the rest Higgins is simply too old for us!!

Hardwick said mid-year we are not that good, now we are actually very good yet we haven't won a final yet!!!:rolleyes:

Talk to others on bigfooty, reality will prevail and dictate RFC team has a little building to go yet to put it mildly!!:cool:

Dimma looked like a guilty school kid when asked if we were into Higgins. Gotta wonder what is going on down there, could be chicken s**t time if pick him up after the Hampson debacle.
To be fair people said the same about Buckley when asked about Frawley on 360.

The problem with Higgins as a half forward for us is that he'd be getting a game behind Stringer, Hunter, Grant, Hrovat and depending on how we decide to set up, potentially Bonts and Crameri also.

So as a half forward he doesn't get a game. If that is where he plays his best footy (and reports are true that he is pissed off about playing half back) then he has to leave for that opportunity.

Lol he is going well if Richmond, Essendon and Carlton want him!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back