No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I see Robbo's point.. but I'm not sure I agree. TBH.. Hird will have a lot on his plate to get back up to speed on everything.. get drafting and trading stuff ready and so forth..

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Hird wander down to the training track if he feels like it.. or jump in the box.. they just won't announce it to the press beforehand.

I also can't believe how much fuss is being made over two weeks.. I mean the main damage has been done by the 12 friggen months.. not the 'extra' 2 weeks on the end..

What's worse is that someone would actually want his autograph.
I heard they actually asked him to kick it and he said "uugedegede I I I I can i ugh I believe gudduh can I instead Gaz I'll uhh I'll write a breaking footy news story on it instead orright?"

Seriously?? What the actual ****?

Are we really living in a world where a ******* journalist is signing footys for people?

Someone just shoot me now, I am officially out.
They actually talked about this on Triple M at the time. Basically all bagged him out over signing a footy, when he has absolutely no reason to do so

My reading of Robbo's article is that Hird doesn't have the unanimous support of the board, and that Craig TRULY runs the coaching part of the Footy Department - Which is good !

Footy journalists changed once they got spots on radio and television. I am waiting for the billboards !

What's worse is that someone would actually want his autograph.
I see Robbo's point.. but I'm not sure I agree. TBH.. Hird will have a lot on his plate to get back up to speed on everything.. get drafting and trading stuff ready and so forth..

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Hird wander down to the training track if he feels like it.. or jump in the box.. they just won't announce it to the press beforehand.

I also can't believe how much fuss is being made over two weeks.. I mean the main damage has been done by the 12 friggen months.. not the 'extra' 2 weeks on the end..

Maybe 4? :)

apparently James Hird is so manipulative and powerful that he has somehow seized control of the News Ltd editorial regime out of the hands of it's previous owner, the Essendon Football Club, and is now broadcasting his demands via it's chief football writer in direct contradiction to his own public statement.

Does this man have no shame??!!

apparently James Hird is so manipulative and powerful that he has somehow seized control of the News Ltd editorial regime out of the hands of it's previous owner, the Essendon Football Club, and is now broadcasting his demands via it's chief football writer in direct contradiction to his own public statement.

Does this man have no shame??!!

Yeah, just remember Lance, everyone tells the truth but us.

Doubt he will be in the box but he will be around training, maybe not the open sessions but certainly available for one on one talks with the players if needed.
I agree massive over reaction and the worst article i think Robo has ever written.
He will be doing heaps around the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the risk of getting this thread back on track, does anyone know when ASADA will have to cough up the contents of the 90 page report to McDumby outlining the evidence to be used to prosecute the players?

IIRC Middleton said to EFC "you will get it" (or words to that effect), but didn't actually order them to be handed over.

It's what I am most interested in at the moment. I don't give a stuff what the newspapers are writing about Hird etc. Water off a duck's back by now.

At the risk of getting this thread back on track, does anyone know when ASADA will have to cough up the contents of the 90 page report to McDumby outlining the evidence to be used to prosecute the players?

IIRC Middleton said to EFC "you will get it" (or words to that effect), but didn't actually order them to be handed over.

It's what I am most interested in at the moment. I don't give a stuff what the newspapers are writing about Hird etc. Water off a duck's back by now.

Believe that report formed part of the discovery docs requested by the club, so I would assume the lawyers now have it. iirc last Thursday was when discovery docs were to be handed over.

Weak and gutless decision imo.

We want solidarity and to be united. We don't want to be running away from the media and being dictated as to what is best for us.

We should have come out and said "Hird is working at the club and will do whatever required to win us games, whether thats sitting in the coaches, at training, deal with it you ******* campaigners"

As if the media circus will stop.

Gotta love the media. They harass and hound both the man (Hird) and the club non stop. Then when Essendon makes a decision to minimise the amount of distractions that will inevitably come when Hird returns in a coaching capacity and to give due respect to Mark Thompson who has taken on the role of senior coach for the year - well then what's their response? Oh yeah how gutless the EFC are.

Honestly the list of AFL media related people that I actually respect is frighteningly short. Probably only about 3 people. The agenda driven reporting has taken over in AFL. Writing bad articles sells papers - because the fans flock to read the vitriol that is spewed - just because sometimes it beggars belief just how much crap they are making up. Its an industry where writers are judged on hits which is not indicative of any level of quality and in fact is often quite the opposite.

You could say that writers have always had agendas - but i think the increased prevalence of articles on the net has also caused it to trend this way as well. Its just such a simple formula to get hits. Write contraversial, write scandals, name and shame - don't write educated, well researched articles based on facts, they won't be read by nearly as many people.

Weak and gutless decision imo.

We want solidarity and to be united. We don't want to be running away from the media and being dictated as to what is best for us.

We should have come out and said "Hird is working at the club and will do whatever required to win us games, whether thats sitting in the coaches, at training, deal with it you ******* campaigners"

As if the media circus will stop.

I can't help but agree with this but the stupid narrative that's formed in that every little piece of news needs some media comment is ridiculas...

Robbo needs to check his credability meter vs the s**t storm he creates... Talk about poke the bear... Now apparently Jimmy ghost wrote the article and a wedge is forming at the EFC... Fmd...

Club has played it smart, Robbo has missed the point. Hird will be well and truly involved just won't appear on the training track and coach's box. Still plenty he can do to help this year. Somrtimes it's just a matter of perception.

Club has played it smart, Robbo has missed the point. Hird will be well and truly involved just won't appear on the training track and coach's box. Still plenty he can do to help this year. Somrtimes it's just a matter of perception.

Not sure whether to laugh or break something... The HTB are convinced this is a ghost write from James and there dead set certianty infuriates me... Why the hell is our business so juicey to them that they become pathological?

Is there anyone here that thinks James has had a tantrum to Robbo...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back