MRP / Trib. Vickery Gets 4 Weeks - Back for Round 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
West Coast players and their supporters are like the typical bullies who poke and prod at their victims, and when their victim finally retaliates, they have a sook and only tell one side of the story.

Fact is, Cox is a dirty dog, who landed a cheap shot on Vickery behind play. That gets completely ignored and the focus shifts to the retaliator and not the instigator. Vickery deserves to to scrutinised and criticised, but so too does Cox. He has made a career of cheapshotting his opponents behind play. You cant punch blokes behind play, nor should you be able to elbow. Simple. Cox intentionally struck Vickery, and should get a week.

West Coast supporters said it was disgusting to hit a bloke in his retirement game, but then also say Cox was within his rights to elbow. Cox is nothing more than a coward who cheap shots people. He might be a good ruckman but he is a **** bloke.

Eagles supporters also need to stop complaining about our culture, especially given their coke culture of the early to mid '00's, and their staging culture of the past few years. I know id take a culture of a few dumb footballers over their culture anyday.

Vickery was stupid, but the fact Cox is escaping scrutiny is really baffling to me, especially considering he instigated the whole situation. Who cares if he is retiring and it was his tribute game. You cheapsot a bloke, you deserve to go.

West Coast players and their supporters are like the typical bullies who poke and prod at their victims, and when their victim finally retaliates, they have a sook and only tell one side of the story.

Fact is, Cox is a dirty dog, who landed a cheap shot on Vickery behind play. That gets completely ignored and the focus shifts to the retaliator and not the instigator. Vickery deserves to to scrutinised and criticised, but so too does Cox. He has made a career of cheapshotting his opponents behind play. You cant punch blokes behind play, nor should you be able to elbow. Simple. Cox intentionally struck Vickery, and should get a week.

West Coast supporters said it was disgusting to hit a bloke in his retirement game, but then also say Cox was within his rights to elbow. Cox is nothing more than a coward who cheap shots people. He might be a good ruckman but he is a **** bloke.

Eagles supporters also need to stop complaining about our culture, especially given their coke culture of the early to mid '00's, and their staging culture of the past few years. I know id take a culture of a few dumb footballers over their culture anyday.

Vickery was stupid, but the fact Cox is escaping scrutiny is really baffling to me, especially considering he instigated the whole situation. Who cares if he is retiring and it was his tribute game. You cheapsot a bloke, you deserve to go.
Dermott said he got what was coming to him. :D

Well in fairness to LeCras it looks like he connected with his neck not head.

Typical though. We couldn't hit the side of a barn with a rocket launcher ATM.
Ummm yeah, probably wouldn't go there with that......

The no dickheads policy is often attributed to Paul Roos/Swans culture.

I am stating the swans culture is based on a lie

Correct. Barry Hall didn't all of a sudden turn dickhead. Nick Davis was the one they booted on ND Policy...he was expendable, as soon as Barry became dispensable (ie no great shakes in GFs) he was binned as well.
Tiges no dickhead policy? Same. D Connors was best 22 when binned, D Martin first offence (excuse!) not binned.

They're all the same. Nothing special about swans

so on one hand you'd want to argue it was 'provoked' and on the other hand, it wasn't 'intentional' or premeditated.
reckless only works if it wasn't premeditated. It wasn't reckless, it was intentional, and if its intentional then it doesn't matter if he 'meant to hit the chest'... the fact is he smacked him in the head, with intent. The guys is a ******* idiot.
He even did it at a moment when he must surely know the camera would be close up on him in 3 angles...

Do we have a no-Dickheads policy? would apply here if so.
Ok I guess we will just have to wait and see until they make the verdict then. But I disagree.

Well said grok , the *en umpire should have awarded a free and chapter closed , instead TV feels violated to be felled and seemingly within the rules ....the majority of humans would respond the same anywhere anyplace anytime under same circumstances ....not pretty but it was instinctive, there's an old saying , for every action there is a reaction

It's quite annoying listening to all the mejaa experts carrying on about Vickery 'big' hit. What a load of rubbish. Vickery stood up like a man and gave the dirty dog cox his own medicine back. Cox is the one who's got away with cheap shot far too long. It's amans sport. Play the ball and all is fine. Vickery deserves 3 brownlow medals for doing everyone a favor.

All the feigned outrage by a number payers on twitter and such is given me the shits, so STFU you lemmings and let the tribunal meter out its punishment .... so just shut your cake holes!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's quite annoying listening to all the mejaa experts carrying on about Vickery 'big' hit. What a load of rubbish. Vickery stood up like a man and gave the dirty dog cox his own medicine back. Cox is the one who's got away with cheap shot far too long. It's amans sport. Play the ball and all is fine. Vickery deserves 3 brownlow medals for doing everyone a favor.
Let me rebut this civilly as I am on your board.
(i) How often do we see ruckmen nudging and elbowing each other below the neck in a contest? Fairly often.
(ii) Having established this, is a roundhouse to the jaw from behind an appropriate response?

Now, I am probably one of the more level headed posters on this issue and have given TV the benefit of the doubt that he probably did not mean to hit the face or cause the outcome and place it in the 'stupid decision' basket with an accidental outcome.

Calling Cox a 'dirty dog' is probably a bit rich considering he has a relatively clean record over the course of his career. Smacking someone in the face has been outlawed for a long time, even in the 90's when the legal biff was rife. Saying 'he did everyone a favour' smacks of being a) drunk or b) well.. something else I won't elaborate upon here - come see me on the WC board if you want a better description.

Let me rebut this civilly as I am on your board.
(i) How often do we see ruckmen nudging and elbowing each other below the neck in a contest? Fairly often.
(ii) Having established this, is a roundhouse to the jaw from behind an appropriate response?

Now, I am probably one of the more level headed posters on this issue and have given TV the benefit of the doubt that he probably did not mean to hit the face or cause the outcome and place it in the 'stupid decision' basket with an accidental outcome.

Calling Cox a 'dirty dog' is probably a bit rich considering he has a relatively clean record over the course of his career. Smacking someone in the face has been outlawed for a long time, even in the 90's when the legal biff was rife. Saying 'he did everyone a favour' smacks of being a) drunk or b) well.. something else I won't elaborate upon here - come see me on the WC board if you want a better description.
You ain't on his board. :p

any supporter who is pegging their own moral virtues on the behaviour of a bunch of blokes who happen to play for their football team is going to come unstuck eventually. we're all living in glass houses in this regard.

all i've learned for sure in my years of watching footy is that everyone gets a turn eventually, so throw stones at your peril.

Not going to deny that flying the flag has been a weak point of ours for a long time. At least we had some reaction tonight which is some sort of improvement
Am certainly not condoning TVs hit but it was good to see Richmond stand by him and bring a great response immediately. To hang on and get the win under those circumstances is a big positive playing away in WA.

That no dick head policy was applied when it suited them and at other times it wasn't.

Yeah!

buddy_kurt.jpg

any supporter who is pegging their own moral virtues on the behaviour of a bunch of blokes who happen to play for their football team is going to come unstuck eventually. we're all living in glass houses in this regard.

all i've learned for sure in my years of watching footy is that everyone gets a turn eventually, so throw stones at your peril.

you are aware it was your mob who started coming onto our board and calling us a shittruck of a club, with shithouse supporters?

We happily gave it to Cox, but your boys were the ones who started slagging off our club as a whole

Two wrongs don't make a right.
Ty will cop his right whack.
But it was good to see him stand up for himself. I have been very critical of him and it was good to see.
And just to clarify...it was not good to see Cox get concussed and it was not good to see him get subbed because of it.
Like I said, two wrongs don't make a right.
It was not good...but it was good if you can kinda get my drift.
The consequences were not good. But as a Richmond supporter of 37 years, it was finally good to see a bit even if the aggression was misplaced.

Oh and if it was Cox doing the same to one of our ruckman, we'd be as pissed as everyone else.
I understand that.
But in my eyes Ty has gone right up in my estimations. Not because of what he did (I don't condone it despite what it may seem) but because he finally did something.
I know that doesn't make sense, but at the same time, I think most will know what I am trying to say.

Oh and if it was Cox doing the same to one of our ruckman, we'd be as pissed as everyone else.
I understand that.
But in my eyes Ty has gone right up in my estimations. Not because of what he did (I don't condone it despite what it may seem) but because he finally did something.
I know that doesn't make sense, but at the same time, I think most will know what I am trying to say.
It makes sense. Jesus has become a club legend. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back