Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread X

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, the final piece of evidence required to proof that the little s**t hasn't watched a minute of football in his life.

They were kinda awful yesterday, I thought.

Yep, just Collingwood were worse, like I said before, any other side in the 8 would have belted them like we did.

I can't believe Caro and Hutchy are basically blaming Gazza Jr on why the Suns were beaten badly the bloke is bloody injured.

dbc.gif

Why is the Vickery case being referred to the Tribunal ? MRP should only send cases to the tribunal if it doesn't fit into their table of incidents.

any charge given 9 activation points goes straight to the tribunal, dunno why, but it does. Everything is not coming up Tyrone

any charge given 9 activation points goes straight to the tribunal, dunno why, but it does. Everything is not coming up Tyrone

I didn't realise that 9 points means automatic referral to the tribunal. I think the Vickery hit on Cox has been over-dramatised. It was a silly act but can think of other similar cases or similar that haven't attracted the same attention. Probably if he hit Butler or McGinnity we would have heard less about the case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't realise that 9 points means automatic referral to the tribunal. I think the Vickery hit on Cox has been over-dramatised. It was a silly act but can think of other similar cases or similar that haven't attracted the same attention. Probably if he hit Butler or McGinnity we would have heard less about the case.
If Cox was able to recover and play out the game it would still be talked about a little. I do agree with the lesser known players though. Still a dog act, but in this situation Vickery has taken out their number 1 ruckman, leaving them massively vulnerable.

IMO Vickery has to be made an example of, because it was borderline head hunting and taking out a player like Cox early in the game hurts West Coasts structure massively.

The way they rated it, it has to go straight they

Dont agree with severe impact at all

How did you see the incident? I must admit as much of a low act as it was, im not sure its the horrendous act that it was painted as. Tbh i hadnt seen it and heard all the commentery on it beforehand i thought he had Barry Hall'ed him. When i saw he had done it in the contest and actually had his eyes on the ball the whole time i thought it was not AS bad as it was portrayed in the media (shock horror).

Alot of ruckman do the swinging arm to the chest in a ruck contest to try and put them off balance, i think another poster said that cox was lower than tyrone thought he was and hence hit him in the face. I tend to agree somewhat with that description.

How did you see the incident? I must admit as much of a low act as it was, im not sure its the horrendous act that it was painted as. Tbh i hadnt seen it and heard all the commentery on it beforehand i thought he had Barry Hall'ed him. When i saw he had done it in the contest and actually had his eyes on the ball the whole time i thought it was not AS bad as it was portrayed in the media (shock horror).

Alot of ruckman do the swinging arm to the chest in a ruck contest to try and put them off balance, i think another poster said that cox was lower than tyrone thought he was and hence hit him in the face. I tend to agree somewhat with that description.

Vickery did swing his arm such that his fist was higher than his own shoulder. Cox's chest isn't that high.

The Cox incident looked far worse from some angles compared to others. The initial angle they showed on the telecast wasn't that bad.

It was when the camera showed the incident from Vickery's side that it looked much worse.

Vickery did swing his arm such that his fist was higher than his own shoulder. Cox's chest isn't that high.

The Cox incident looked far worse from some angles compared to others. The initial angle they showed on the telecast wasn't that bad.

It was when the camera showed the incident from Vickery's side that it looked much worse.

Right i may have only seen it from the initial angle. Im not defending him though i do believe like most things it has blown up more than need be. He will do his time.

It's no worse than other dog acts such as McKernan's elbow to <insert player name here>'s head, Merrett's forearm to Swallow etc.

When you look at it from that perspective it has definitely been blown out of proportion, and in my mind says the MRP are clueless as to how to grade an incident. They were all intentional, head high contact and severe impact. Just that 2 were better "disguised"

Dear God....

Every year, EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR. Imbecile Richmond fans.

So they're going to make finals now?

Did anyone actually watch the game this weekend? They are bloody average. Wait no, calling them average would imply they are a middle of the road side - they are a less than average side.

They've won four in a row.

Has anyone noticed that the four games before that, when they played four likely finalists, they got beat?

But of course, they'll win a few games at the tail end of the year, and we'll listen yet again over the off season about how they are going to storm into the eight - might actually give top four a shake - and how every kid on its list is better than everyone else.

My god, when will you wake the **** up?

Dear God....

Every year, EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR. Imbecile Richmond fans.

So they're going to make finals now?

Did anyone actually watch the game this weekend? They are bloody average. Wait no, calling them average would imply they are a middle of the road side - they are a less than average side.

They've won four in a row.

Has anyone noticed that the four games before that, when they played four likely finalists, they got beat?

But of course, they'll win a few games at the tail end of the year, and we'll listen yet again over the off season about how they are going to storm into the eight - might actually give top four a shake - and how every kid on its list is better than everyone else.

My god, when will you wake the **** up?

To be fair, they haven't got much else to cling to.

To be fair, they haven't got much else to cling to.

Seriously though - every year? Surely at some point as a fan you look at yourself and think, 'maybe this offseason I won't be thinking of finals'.....

Seriously though - every year? Surely at some point as a fan you look at yourself and think, 'maybe this offseason I won't be thinking of finals'.....

We've had a lean decade and I know I've entered every off/pre season full of hope. Granted I haven't had 3 decades of it, and we've actually shown improved performance on the field over the last few seasons, but I can sort of understand where they're coming from.

The alternative is to dwell in sorrow so I have no issue with them doing it every year. It does make for more laughs when the inevitable happens.

No doubt Vickery over reacted, but I think the initial emblem from Cox is being a bit overlooked in all this. A guy that big and strong throwing a hard elbow into Vickery like he did would have seriously hurt. Cox comes out as squeaky clean though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back