Robbo cries for his beloved Albert

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The impression that the Hird camp constantly briefed Robinson was reinforced last year by a detailed legal account from Hird’s former senior counsel Tony Nolan, which was delivered to former Essendon chief executive Ian Robson. Robson told colleagues the itemised account included time charged for a briefing to a News Limited journalist.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...n-directors-20140728-zxuvj.html#ixzz38lpgnEt4

must have been lots of 6 minute increments

360 should be fun tonight, and i rarely watch the crud.
Cool, it's almost as if Robbo's sensationalized journalism is attracting attention to him and his other projects, and I can't tell for sure but I think he tries to make money from these avenues.

The impression that the Hird camp constantly briefed Robinson was reinforced last year by a detailed legal account from Hird’s former senior counsel Tony Nolan, which was delivered to former Essendon chief executive Ian Robson. Robson told colleagues the itemised account included time charged for a briefing to a News Limited journalist.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...n-directors-20140728-zxuvj.html#ixzz38lpgnEt4

must have been lots of 6 minute increments
Apparently the most uttered phrase at the meetings were "Now Mark are you paying attention?"

Did we already know this titbit from Caro today?

The impression that the Hird camp constantly briefed Robinson was reinforced last year by a detailed legal account from Hird's former senior counsel Tony Nolan, which was delivered to former Essendon chief executive Ian Robson. Robson told colleagues the itemised account included time charged for a briefing to a News Limited journalist.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/hird-losing-support-20140728-3cpxj.html#ixzz38kwanVLL

Good get for the Robbo thread. Ta

She is so awesome when she's not coming after your club.

I didn't like her when she and Walls accused Tony Liberatore of basically assault on Knights... a few years ago now.
But, in hindsight I accept she was right. Libber and the club should have been more open and apologetic at the time. Knights was dignified through it all.. Libber is a hard arse and didn't take a step back on the day (even with a whole team going at him) but a few yrs ago he publicly admitted ... anyway.. I think EFC people with sense will see CW's motivations are honourable, and in hindsight you will see she gets it pretty right.
Can's say the same for Robbo... probably the one on that Hird Inc payroll for one thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does this sound remotely logical?

When logic flies out the window, and everything else seems lost, you can always resort to legal action. It's the Australian way. According to Essendon fans, this whole fiasco is everyone else's fault .. that kind of logic is completely lost on me. ASADA's to blame because they are investigating it, the media's to blame because they are reporting on it, and other clubs are to blame because they are better than Essendon, and opposition supporters are to blame because they want the game cleaned up. It's all our fault apparently!!!!

Essendon fans continue to throw up this façade that their club is blameless, but deep down they are panic stricken. In the words of John Lennon, "One thing you can't hide, is when you're crippled inside".

"Some tension existed between Hird and Thompson during Essendon’s pre-season as Hird occasionally caught up with senior players, including captain Jobe Watson. After Tania Hird’s outburst on the ABC’s 7.30, Watson and his leadership group asked Hird to refrain from ongoing media commentary."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...n-directors-20140728-zxuvj.html#ixzz38nVT1Apb

This 'penalty' is such a joke. First, they backdate it to before the last game he coached (so he coached while suspended), then they announce that he'll be paid the entire time (so no longer a suspension but rather a fully paid sabbatical year, ie. a reward, with additional benefits of a study course overseas), and now we find out that even during this 'suspension' he has been coaching the players. That's not even starting on Thompson just deciding he won't pay the fine. The AFL is an absolute joke.

it's a lot more believable to suggest Robbo is a bit of an idiot than he is a puppet for the evil master James Hird, who apparently can only use his mind control technique when he's on the same continent as Robbo. To push a line that he himself contradicted both in a public statement less than 24 hours ago, and in his suggested outcome before he left for France.

You do realise that is just batshit crazy, right?
So maybe batshit ain't crazy?

A person who does it's own research and has a balanced view.
So researching, talking to people and getting scoops, like Hird getting further money out of Essendon to leak to a reporter against Essendon's interests?

Or is that bad journalism?
If so why?
(I'll accept: Because Lord James, our master and overlord, the greatest person who ever existed, doesn't approve)

Question for EFC supporters, and others if they wish.

Assuming Caro is on the money re the payment to Hirds lawyer to brief robbo, how do you feel as a paid member knowing that your money is being spent in this way.

Considering the club is asking you to dig deep to fund the new training center, would you not expect that these sorts of payments would not fall under the responsibility of the club?

I guess these 'revelations' end once and for all which party is responsible for leaks to the media. As if was ever in doubt. The transparency and immaturity of his strategy was always obvious and is now laid bare for even the lay Essendon supporter to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back