Which local football clubs have been the most successful at producing AFL players?

Remove this Banner Ad

Cmarsh

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 23, 2012
NSW
AFL Club
GWS
Just a curiosity of mine.

I assume it would be the local clubs based in the Melbourne suburbs.

Anyone got any info re this?

Well I'm Tasmanian so I will go the Burnie Dockers. Delivered Brady Gray, Eli Templeton and Alex Pearce last year.

Geelong Falcons by an absolute mile. The amount of talent they have produced is ridiculous.
Do you consider that a local club?

Did the OP mean junior suburban clubs and not your geelong falcons and east fremantles?

Last edited:
The tittle says 'which local football clubs have been the most successful at producing AFL players'. I'm putting my local football club up. Is there a problem?
Yes, they're a state league team.. Seemed pretty obvious to me that he meant actual local clubs e.g. Quambatook Saints

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you consider that a local club?

Did the OP junior suburban clubs and not your geelong falcons and east fremantles?
Yes I did have the more "local" grassroots clubs in mind rather than tac cup clubs and state league clubs.

From Midvale Walters, Garlett, Yarran, Nic Nat and I'm sure a couple of others.

Pretty sure 3 of those blokes all had a bit of kick to kick at the local park.

North Ballarat have had a few. Plugger, Greg Burns, Stewart Gull, Paul Hills, Dale Lewis, Val Perovic, Michael Malthouse, Darren Jolly and Isaac Smith amongst others.

I'm pretty sure the Ashy Redbacks would have the best midfield out of all the junior clubs in Australia.

Ashy is the largest junior football club in Australia,
with over 650 members and 29 teams in the Yarra JFL and we are still growing!

We have had many of our players make it to AFL senior level such as
Jack Viney, Luke Ball, Tom Mitchell, Josh Kennedy (Syd), Patrick Ambrose,
Nick Smith, James Toohey, Toby Greene and
Tendai Mzungu just to mention some current players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back