Chelsea FC - Pride of London

Remove this Banner Ad

Mourinho said: "If we pay to a 19-year-old boy what we were being asked for, to sign Luke Shaw, we are dead. We would have killed our stability with financial fair play, and killed the stability in our dressing room.

"Because when you pay that much(£28m and 120k a week) to a 19-year-old kid - a good player, fantastic player - but when you pay that amount of money, the next day, we would have had players knocking on our door.

"They would have been saying 'How is it possible I play 200 games for this club, won this and that, yet a 19-year-old comes here and gets more money than I get?'

"It would've killed immediately our balance, and we couldn't allow that.

"I don't criticise another club for paying it. They can pay what they want. I don't have any comment about it.

"But for my club we can say it would be very negative for us, especially when we can say Felipe is much less expensive.

"Sometimes you have to make decisions."

The King returns!
Holy SH*T! Exciting times ahead!
Imagine if he's last touch of the ball for us is to put the ball in the back of the net to win the league title:cool::D

Anyone know what time the match actually starts Melbourne time? I'm getting conflicting answers.
About twelve hours ago.

Did you catch it in the end? Cesc was delicious, Diego Costa is an elite finisher and Zouma was fantastic.

About twelve hours ago.

Did you catch it in the end? Cesc was delicious, Diego Costa is an elite finisher and Zouma was fantastic.
Yeh I saw it in the end. Chelsea's fb page helped me out a little.

Costa is going to be immense. Get Oscar/Hazard/Fabregas and co feeding him and it'll be a sight to behold. Fabregas was classy as always and Zouma's built for the premiership. The way he attacks corners is going to get alot of goals.

Zouma is our JT replacement, no doubt about it.
To think if things had happened differently, he could have had a hat-trick last night. This guys going to be crazy good.

Yeh I saw it in the end. Chelsea's fb page helped me out a little.

Costa is going to be immense. Get Oscar/Hazard/Fabregas and co feeding him and it'll be a sight to behold. Fabregas was classy as always and Zouma's built for the premiership. The way he attacks corners is going to get alot of goals.
I was going to say Schurrle is going to love being fed by Cesc as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was going to say Schurrle is going to love being fed by Cesc as well.
Schurrle's quick thinking in and outside the penalty box will enable a hefty goal tally. He's going to love Cesc's killer passes through a tired defence coming on as an impact sub imo.

Schurrle's quick thinking in and outside the penalty box will enable a hefty goal tally. He's going to love Cesc's killer passes through a tired defence coming on as an impact sub imo.
Same goes for Salah.

439071_heroa.jpg

Everything about this picture and moment is just beautiful haha, despite only being a friendly. It's hard not to be excited over that s**t.

‘It’s amazing to be back, a great feeling,’ says Drogba. ‘I’m happy to be back here and I’m looking forward to seeing the best fans.

‘It was an easy decision to make, it’s very difficult to say no to Jose and to Chelsea. I have so many good memories with the club so when the opportunity came up it was easy for me.’

‘He said to me that a player like me, who has history with the club, should come back one day,’ explains Drogba. ‘He said I have to come back and I agree with him because, even if I left, I was still a Chelsea player because of the eight years I spent here. No offence to the teams I was with during those two years but that’s just the way it is.

‘He’s the one who gave me a chance to play in the Premier League. We won so many trophies together and so many matches on the pitch. His relationship is not only with me, it’s with all the players who were here from the beginning of the story. It’s quite emotional but the most important thing is that we want to win, win, win.

‘I think the best thing I can bring to this club and team will be to stay the same as I was during my first spell here. I don’t have to change, everybody knows my character, my attitude and my mentality.

‘They know if I’m here it’s not just to smile and thank people for welcoming me back. I want to win, I want to share my desire and will to win games. The squad is young but to get the best results you have to push yourself.’

‘It was very important for us to buy these players, they are all good signings,’ explains Drogba. ‘To have Cesc with us, I think he’ll understand it’s better to be with us than against us. They are good players and I hope they will bring their talent and experience to the team.

‘I’ve been watching Diego play over the last few years and the first time I saw him I really liked him as a player. I like his character, he’s solid, he can score goals and he’s also technically gifted. He likes people to respect him and that’s important.

‘This is the first time I’ve had a chance to speak about those two players that left. Ash was the best left-back in the world and I was lucky to have him in my team because when he was at Arsenal he was a difficult player to play against. He became a better player when he came to Chelsea.

‘Everyone knows exactly what Frank meant to me. People say I scored a lot of goals but he was involved in almost all of them. The partnership with him was incredible and he’s a legend at this club. I know he will also come back one day because he belongs to the Blues.’

‘I’m not coming here to break records, I just want to win trophies,’ he says. ‘Five years is a long time not to win the Premier League, so I want to win it. To lift the Premier League trophy is a fantastic feeling and we haven’t experienced it for a few years, it’s too long for a club like ours.

‘I think the title race is going to be like it has been these last few years, all the big clubs will be involved and fighting until the end.

‘There are more teams capable of winning the league, which makes it interesting in terms of pressure and different scenarios.

‘I missed the Premier League, which for me is the best in the world. It’s true the German league is on the way up but the English league has been the best over the last decade and I’m really looking forward to playing the first game.’

FMD. What a man.

More jizz in this morning's game. Costa is a beast, didn't realise he was so quick. Cesc can take our free kicks and corners and Matic is a monster. I think he's our most important player.

I think Costa could have easily taken those 2 goals himself. Very unselfish. So it easily could have been 3 goals in 2 matches for him.
I'm happy he went for the assist as he saw someone better positioned than him. Selfless play, loved seeing that.

I'm happy he went for the assist as he saw someone better positioned than him. Selfless play, loved seeing that.

Yep, the difference between a good striker and a great one is when to pulled trigger and when to lay it off.

He's going to be a great team player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back