Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. He's also been suspended 3 times with his bad record hanging over his head for future incidents. No club (ourselves included) should be paying a second rounder for a guy that misses that many games through suspension.

Anyway, wrong thread for it. Happy to concede here haha.
Our disagreement here is on a very fine line indeed friend ;)

I think Robbo's suspensions distract us from his good form this year.

But I honestly can't see him wanting to leave unless something has happened. He says almost weekly that he wants to be a one club player.
So he's not going anywhere?

I think Robbo's suspensions distract us from his good form this year.

But I honestly can't see him wanting to leave unless something has happened. He says almost weekly that he wants to be a one club player.

The question may be whether Carlton wants Robinson moreso than whether he wants Carlton.
Robinson was on the table last year and can't see why that would again not be the case this year.

Whichever way there would still be plenty to play out and as we saw last year, we won't just be giving players up. Robbo has currency.

Not if he flat out wants to leave our bargaining power rests with him.

If he is happy to stay we do.

He is a clear performer and best 22 even when we finished 5th,has cleaned up his disposal ALOT this year probably more than he gets credit for.

Worth more than just their 3rd
He has played a few 3 Brownlow vote games don't forget. He is not as limited as many see him as.

Rumour - Waite is in talks with the Kangas to play next year..
Congrats to Barrett on being two weeks late to the party. Interesting timing of this leak tho, after Waites great game against the kangas. It may have been Waites manager that told Barrett, trying to get the blues to up their offer...

Any else hear 3AW rumour file which suggested Neville Ling in talks at Princes Park re: coaching role (or something like that -couldn't quite hear it properly).

The question may be whether Carlton wants Robinson moreso than whether he wants Carlton.
Robinson was on the table last year and can't see why that would again not be the case this year.

Whichever way there would still be plenty to play out and as we saw last year, we won't just be giving players up. Robbo has currency.
But Laidler.... :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waite : probably not a decision based on $$. At his age you would think that the club may only be willing to offer a 1 yr deal. If North or another club are willing to offer 2 yrs that may be enough for him to go.

Robinson : from memory didnt Port show some interest last season? Hinkley would love a guy like Robbo in his side. Interesting.

May be nothing to it but I always get a little concerned when players leave their contracts to year end.

Lingy was quoted in the paper not long after that run in that he'd still work with Mick.

I know there's been a HEAP of fuss over Ling and coaching but can someone enlighten me as to why? What is it that people think will make him good as a coach? Does he do it at lower level?

As for Mitch Robinson, the club has won as many games without him on the park as with him. He does have a high tackle rate, a high 1% rate, but destroys it with a quite high clanger rate of over 3 average per game which, when you're averaging 20 disposals per game, to have 15-25% of those be clangers is bad.

What he is useful for of course is a big body, and he does bob up on occasion as that additional link/scoring player when others are being well checked. Not everyone can be a star, and he's outside our bottom 6. You probably want him to be as he is but with more class like a Jordan Lewis type. That's not going to happen with Robinson. Forget his suspensions for the moment as you need a hard man at the ball, and the only reason he gets suspended against Adams is because he is around half a foot taller than him... I also think Robinson's career is going to be a short one. Like Adrian Hickmott who pulled the pin because of one too many bashes to the cranium, Robinson's kamikaze approach is going to mean in another few years he might need to miss games simply because the noggin has copped the same kind of knocks as a heavyweight boxer.

I would hope Robinson stays as I think he is useful, and he has improved. If he were to go, you can go five other similar types out there.

Couldn't care less if Mitch chose to leave. He's fun to watch, but he's no game breaker.

"I don't chase 'em - I replace 'em " - French Montana
Have you heard he wants to go to Adelaide or does it just makes sense given Eddie is there & his sister?

Have you heard he wants to go to Adelaide or does it just makes sense given Eddie is there & his sister?

It just makes sense.

Especially since Eddie "I'll always be a Blue Boy for Life" Betts is doing everything he can to entice every Carlton player to join him at the Crows.

Exactly right Harker.

Malthouse doesn't decide to trade you one year and then designate you as a required player the next. He's old school, very military-like, once his mind is made up it is an absolute rarity that he changes it.

Mmmm, interesting. Bit of Triggonometry eh?

Yeah, I agree. Could be triggky to accomplish though...:oops:

do-not-want-jump.gif

Wait he signed this year or it ends?

Damn my confusing questions
He is out of contract at the end of this season from my understanding, but he isnt a free agent.. If he leaves, we will either trade him, or he will walk into the pre season draft and the first in line will get him.. Dont think he will want to go to GWS or StKilda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back