Ovens and King Football League 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm fed up with clubs doing this! (Jon McCormack) what about the bloke that misses out that has trained all year. Busted his gut all year only to get shoved aside. Potentially been at club for years and was planning on being at club for years to come. Are premierships that important that we are prepared to do this? All the problems with player payment stem from this fact. We have elevated premierships so high that it is considered a failure not to win the big prize. What happened to sport being for fun. This has left country football in the area in tatters. It has also put players in power as to how much money they receive off clubs. What was wrong with Tarras season so far. Can't tell me they weren't enjoying themselves. Why does a premiership mean so much? Sport is about enjoying yourself by challenging yourself and your team mates to do the best you can. If you do your best you are a winner already. If you do your best the club is a winner too. No need to bring in eleventh hour ace cards when you 'be already win. Once again think about old mate that will miss out!
Brock26 you are dead right. Read a lot of crap on this site, but this post is spot on. Wake up Tarra or you'll end up in s**t like your old foes in North Wang! Whether Jon is being paid or not is not the point. A young local lad gets the flick.

I don't see there is a issue if the guy had been training with the club but if he has just rocked up and been selected then thats not a great look for the club. it can cause disruption if a few mates get there nose out of joint because one of them gets dropped for him.
Could be some big blow outs this weekend, who will cop the biggest hit??

Could be some big blow outs this weekend, who will cop the biggest hit??

Not really fair on those clubs (or the league in the big picture) out of senior finals contention by trying to predict the biggest losing margin when the "bottom" clubs are still healthy and working just as hard as who'll they'll be versing this weekend. I'm not going to deny this weekend there's every possibility of winning margins considered to be "blow outs", but whether it needs to be pointed out is another question given the tough on-field seasons those clubs in question have already had.

QUOTE="Rumourmill18, post: 34383479, member: 143873"]I heard moyhu, whorouly and Milawa all
On the hunt for new coaches. Could be all nonsense but has anyone heard anything similar?[/QUOTE] be very surprised not to see Scott mcmasters not coach next year. Has done a great job with a young team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard moyhu, whorouly and Milawa all
On the hunt for new coaches. Could be all nonsense but has anyone heard anything similar?

It doesn’t surprise me Moyhu is apparently looking for a new coach after what happened after its 86-point loss to Tarra last weekend. Straight after the game the players had to do something like 20 suicides and a stack of push ups and to top it off, I heard Joel Fisher didn’t walk into the rooms and left the ground pretty quickly.

It doesn’t surprise me Moyhu is apparently looking for a new coach after what happened after its 86-point loss to Tarra last weekend. Straight after the game the players had to do something like 20 suicides and a stack of push ups and to top it off, I heard Joel Fisher didn’t walk into the rooms and left the ground pretty quickly.

Yes players did penalties after game.

But wrong on the coach part not going into the rooms after the game. Spoke to the players and was in the rooms then went into tarra's club rooms with other moyhu players and was one of the last moyhu people to leave.

Anyone catch bright vs milawa? A lot closer than expected. Are bright good enough to cause an upset in the finals maybe? Whorouly keep getting the job done too. Well done Scott mcmasters.

Wouldn't think so after watching them play Tarrawingee a couple of weeks back. I did hear it was very close up until the last few minutes though and Milawa were getting a bit shitty with Bright hanging in there. A few scuffles during the day too.

I heard that north wang couldn't field a reserves team today and I saw that there seniors might as well of stayed at home surely they have to be cut from the league now for not being able to field two competitive teams and for bringing the league down a notch or two??they have set a precedent??

Brock26 you are dead right. Read a lot of crap on this site, but this post is spot on. Wake up Tarra or you'll end up in s**t like your old foes in North Wang! Whether Jon is being paid or not is not the point. A young local lad gets the flick.

I agree too…. these kind of things can destroy the culture at a club. Hoppa is a gun!! and other teams facing them in the finals should be worried, as he has the ability to change a game off his own boot, but some poor young bloke is not rewarded for his effort throughout the year which can be very demorolising.
I think Tarra are the most consistent club in the O&K and have been over the last 10 years, so we should give them the benefit of the doubt that they know what they are doing?
#justathought

Finals fixture is done. Whorouly v Tarrawingee Saturday at Tara = Big win for Tara.
Bright v Bonnie Doon Sunday at Milawa = ? Any thoughts.
I have watched both and Bright have them for speed but turn it over to much for my liking. Bonnie Doon have been more consistent all year so maybe they win.

Finals fixture is done. Whorouly v Tarrawingee Saturday at Tara = Big win for Tara.
Bright v Bonnie Doon Sunday at Milawa = ? Any thoughts.
I have watched both and Bright have them for speed but turn it over to much for my liking. Bonnie Doon have been more consistent all year so maybe they win.

Bght appeared to get a few injuries on Sat that may affect them....

Finals Series any thoughts on this week ...I'll put the whole finals series out there

This week

Tarra Vs Whorouly...Tarra by 67 points Tarra different class
Bonnie Doon Vs Bright Bonnie Doon by 21 points Just think Godsmark will get them across the line and Bonnie Doon got them during the year

Following week

Glenrowan Vs Milawa Glenrowan by 29 points Been the best all year but Milawa still will have a crack ..Milawa slipped on last year Glenrowan improved .
Tarra Vs Bonnie Doon Tarra by 31 points Tarra just too good but Bonnie Doon will serve it up to them ..more than what anyone expects

Preliminary

Tarra Vs Milawa ...Milawa by 9 points ... Will be closer than expected... Always great clashes but Milawa just a bit more even all over field

Grand Final

Glenrowan Vs Milawa Glenrowan by 47 points . Milawa will be up against it after tough preliminary

Anyone think differently ???????

Remove this Banner Ad

Back