Round 19 - Fremantle vs Carlton @ PS

Remove this Banner Ad

When I saw i had an alert from you, I knew it would be something negative. Predictable idiotic negative sob like 95 percent of big footy. Even when you give guy credit he has a cry. Sorry you weren't loved as a child dude:drunk:

My comment was in reply to your initial comment to me....

Well said. Good knowledge of the game both past and present. You're a smart cookie, a rare commodity on Big Footy;)

I wasn't even talking to you before you posted that. I have no idea who you are. If you think people on BigFooty are idiots then please close your account. That's better for everyone involved.

Tonight's Freo side was the oldest fielded by any club in 2014, and Freo's oldest ever. Lyon loves his battle-hardened veterans.

Don't worry about good old Rossy. He will know exactly when it's time to do a runner. You watch, his timing will be perfect.

Whatever they're doing, they're taking a break from their normal game style. Get on now at the best price.

Actually I reckon even Essendon are far more dangerous than Freo at the moment. Premiership sides don't get pumped by St Kilda, beaten at home by North, and come within a dumb kick by an idiot of losing to the 13th place side at home. I like Freo but I just can't see them winning the flag this year.

No he hasn't he is 12 months behind Brown

No, you are wrong. Pav was in career best form in 2012 (55 goals in the last 13 games of the year and won the elimination final against Geelong off his own boot). He missed a lot of 2013 but still played well in the second half of the year and the finals, and in 2014 has averaged 15 disposals, 6 marks, 2 goals per game and only missed one game due to sickness. Brown has been struggling for the past 3 years. Pav is still playing good, consistent footy and is far from finished.

Has Cameron Wood found a hole to crawl into and hide yet?

Can't believe Freo got up...Carlton were incredibly unlucky...if they didn't have that VFL standard ruckman in making a bonehead mistake Carlton would've and should've won. Freo are cooked.
Won't get anywhere near the flag this year they're aren't playing anywhere near how they were last season.
I'm not so sure. Your mob in 98 lost 3 of your last 7 home and away games then got smashed first week of the finals by 8 goals to Melbourne. Granted you were reigning champs, but all that matters is what happens in September and I still think the Dockers have their best footy in them yet. On the evidence we've seen lately though, you do look correct. As riteo mentioned a few posts above, judge them in the coming weeks rather than this point in time.

Don't worry about good old Rossy. He will know exactly when it's time to do a runner. You watch, his timing will be perfect.

With quality players between 20-27 years old like Fyfe, Walters, Barlow, Hill, Ballantyne, Mayne, Clarke, Neale, Suban, Ibbotson, Spur, Sutcliffe, Morabito, de Boer, Sheridan and Crozier - why would Ross go anywhere? Your coach however, I'd be running now.

What was with Dawson's celebration at the siren? Some of the Freo blokes looked like they'd won a prelim.

Ummm maybe because Carlton took it up to us all night and we were lucky to get away with the win in the end? Lose that and it's effectively season over for Freo, this is classic BF and it's not pretty. We were going mental in the stands, guess the players aren't allowed to celebrate their win though.

Also most likely a small response to Carlton players being dirty pricks all night but that's another story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crowley was the worst player on the ground

Might be so but Murphy is definitely comedian of the night after he kicked a point when he and Yarran were literally the only players in your forward 50. Seriously Murphy could learn A LOT from Kade Simpson who is genuinely courageous and respected. Murphy's flopping tonight was downright embarrassing and not something you like to see a captain doing.

Interesting to see a few writing Freo off. Tonight was the first time we put close to our best side out there for a while, still need Walters to come back in which should be next week hopefully. We haven't had anything like the continuity particularly in the backline, that we enjoyed last year. Important Players just start to get some form and then go out for a few weeks (Ibbotson, Johnson, Hill, Ballantyne). Mundy is not his best, Mayne has been scratchy.

We guttsed it out tonight with 2 important players out. Good teams find a way to win and I thought Carlton were very good. They are playing with the freedom that some teams get when they know they have underachieved and want to take a few scalps on the way out and their top 8 or so players are very very good.
It was a cracking game of football.

I'll be the first to put my hand up and say we aren't good enough on recent form to get back to the GF but I think we have a bit in the tank yet this year if we can get some continuity heading into September.

Well commiserations Blues fans.
I think Freo got really lucky in the end. Thought there were a lot of shite calls by the umps for both sides. Anyone see one pass out from center that was clearly a throw? Ended in a goal for Us/Freo?
And many many more.
Fyfe was definitely the standout for me tonite, on a nite where Carlton seemed to go all out and Freo were flat.

Happy with the win, does make me very doubtful about how we'll do in September though.

Chewy give it a rest ..your obsession is embarrassing .

The Blues actually kicked a third goal in that 3rd quarter not longer after I posted that, but it came without any input from Judd. It was Carlton's best period of the match. They were well on top and Juddy had been on the sidelines. Did this stop the commentators from crapping on about his leadership and how he was carrying the team? Nuh. :oops:

I was amazed to see David King award him the 3 votes. Unbelievable! Judd did nothing virtually nothing after half time. He received an ankle knock, spent a fair portion of the 3rd term getting treated and was basically invisible in the last quarter. Since when do players receive sympathy votes for copping a knock?

Nate Fyfe was clearly BOG. For Carlton, I thought Kade Simpson played a cracking game. Thomas ran hard. Yarran and Waite were really good. Curnow did a good job on Hill. Murphy got as much of the ball as Judd, for the same effectiveness, plus he kicked a couple of great goals. The thing is, he had to wear Crowley in his back pocket all evening.

Good signs from Judd. He moved around pretty well in the first half, but it's just bullshit the way some people have pumped him up as one of the best players on the ground. All night long it was Judd this, Judd that, Judd, Judd, Judd… And then some folks reckon I should give it a rest? Me?

1st half - Ineffective possessions
6 - Chris Judd, Sam Docherty
5 - David Mundy, Chris Yarran, Nick Suban, David Ellard
4 - Aaron Sandilands, Jarrad Waite
3 - Nat Fyfe, Marc Murphy, Tom Bell, Cameron Wood, Zac Dawson,
Ryan Crowley, Michael Johnson, Bryce Gibbs, Michael Barlow

1st half - Effective possessions
13 - Dale Thomas
11 - Michael Barlow
10 - Chris Judd, Lee Spurr
9 - Kade Simpson, Andrew Carrazzo
8 - Nat Fyfe, Marc Murphy, Paul Duffield, Luke McPharlin
7 - Tendai Mzungu, Zac Clarke, Garrick Ibbotson, Michael Jamison, Chris Yarran

2nd half - Ineffective possessions

6 - Marc Murphy
5 - Bryce Gibbs, Stephen Hill, Paul Duffield
4 - Dale Thomas, Lachie Henderson, Jarrad Waite, Danyle Pearce
3 - Chris Judd, Sam Docherty, Cameron Wood, Matt de Boer, Nick Suban, Lee Spurr, Nat Fyfe

2nd half - Effective possessions
14 - Nat Fyfe
10 - Kade Simpson, Dale Thomas
9 - Lachie Neale
8 - Michael Barlow, Lachie Henderson
7 - David Mundy, Andrew Carrazzo
6 - Bryce Gibbs, Jarrad Waite, Chris Yarran, Ed Curnow, Simon White,
Chris Mayne, Michael Johnson, Zac Dawson, Luke McPharlin
5 - Ryan Crowley, Zach Tuohy, Michael Jamison, Sam Docherty
4 - Stephen Hill, Danyle Pearce, Zac Clarke, Marc Murphy, Levi Casboult
3 - Chris Judd, David Ellard, Nick Graham, Cameron Wood,
Nick Suban, Lee Spurr, Garrick Ibbotson, Hayden Ballantyne, Aaron Sandilands

Carazzo : "Why wasn't that holding the ball??"

Umpire : "He tried to kick it, that's all he has to do"

Fuuuuuuuuuuu

If an umpire understands the rule in that fashion then there's something fundamentally wrong.

Give you a heads up, the AFL's Umpire Development Programs tell us no-prior = reasonable attempt to dispose.

Whether that's the correct ruling... we go by what the coaches say.

Expect to see this bollocks more often, unless they can find a more concrete ruling to describe 'reasonable attempt'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back