Pies bring a friend for free

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1

I thought low drawing crowds just get shipped to Tassie, Geelong, Cairns, Darwin or Canberra.

Looks like the Pies will be doing some travelling next year if the 70k faithfull don't want to turn up.

I think it's a good idea, but my first thought was definitely "this is exactly what GWS get mocked for doing".

Hawks did it 4 times this year, so hardly the first Vic club to it*

*May or may not have mocked them for doing it.

Other teams have done that this year. And when they did, they were soundly mocked here on BF as not being able to draw a crowd.

Richmond's offering a similar deal - 1) Bring a friend free game, and 2) Bring a friend to one of their membership upgrades (option to choose 1 of 3 games on offer)

I think it's indicative of the entire season for most clubs, and yes, particularly those struggling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn, Richmond and Carlton have been doing this for years. Nothing to see here.

The only game we really got a bounce out of it was the Sydney game last week. Otherwise most of the games where the 'bring a friend for free' promotion is used are typically rubbish

Hawks did it 4 times this year, so hardly the first Vic club to it*

*May or may not have mocked them for doing it.

This. Members had a choice of four games (St Kilda, GWS, Sydney and Melbourne), but could only use the promotion once.

Unsurprisingly the Swans game last week was probably the game where the majority of the promotion was used

Imagine if every Collingwood member brought a friend.

Apart from the fact there's not that many people stupid enough to barrack for collingwood, but that's 140k pies fans, plus roughly 10k port fans.

Does the G hold 150k rabid supporters?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back