R22: Port v Carlton review

Remove this Banner Ad

We absolutely caught fire tonight. The ball movement was pinpoint and lightning fast so our forwards who have had a tough time of it were finally able to cash in.

The teal curtain down back was as brilliant as ever.

Every player seemed to get back into some great form. I wasn't convinced after the GC game but any doubts that we are back can now well and truly be put to bed. We are an absolute freight train in that sort of form.

We absolutely caught fire tonight. The ball movement was pinpoint and lightning fast so our forwards who have had a tough time of it were finally able to cash in.

The teal curtain down back was as brilliant as ever.

Every player seemed to get back into some great form. I wasn't convinced after the GC game but any doubts that we are back can now well and truly be put to bed. We are an absolute freight train in that sort of form.

oh, and muppet moment of the season was when Menzel tried grabbing a piece of the artificial grass and throw in the air Matthew Lloyd style :)

Well, looks like we're hitting form at the right time of year.

I was worried we may have been fatigued following a slog in the wet, but we looked fresh as anything - I think we may be now seeing some of the benefits of the bye round (post virus that is), with players who were fading coming back into form in emphatic fashion. Particularly noticing all the boys who sustained an ankle/foot injury earlier, than went quiet for a patch are coming back to their best - think Polec, Hartlett, Wingard et al.

Seeing us really get back to that instinctive running style, and our forwards all getting amongst it was absolutely perfect.

Fantastic team effort tonight - gives us a decent shot at the 4

Boo! I could not f*****g move tonight. Oh for the days of 13,000 people at a game where I could ride my bicycle around the outer should I need a beer or a visit to the toilet. And my hands hurt from high fives and my throat is hoarse. Boo!

WTF? You had the platform to wax lyrical about the need for a third tall forward and you didn't grab the opportunity. :(:confused:

They didn't give me a microphone! The camera came up to me and as it started to go back down the presenter chick came up and gave me the guernsey and shook my hand. I even had the duct tape for my mouth and a "free th KPFs" tshirt prepared but no opportunity!

If they are trying to placate me the win was plenty but the guernsey is a nice cherry on top!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A couple of weeks back the Advertiser was telling us we were just making up the numbers. Wonder what they think now?

Nothing has changed: just wait until Port plays a decent opponent.

Carlton were supposed to be a decent opponent. What we did to them was indecent.

Carlton were supposed to be a decent opponent. What we did to them was indecent.
Yeah but they were missing 10 of their starting 18, and next week when we beat Freo, it'll be because they were missing Fyfe, Barlow and McPharlin.......

Yeah but they were missing 10 of their starting 18, and next week when we beat Freo, it'll be because they were missing Fyfe, Barlow and McPharlin.......

And we've only played in 37 minutes of rain. cRowie said so. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back