Unofficial Preview Early Thoughts Round 23: Sydney v Richmond @ ANZ, Sat 30 Aug 4:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather buddy didn't play on the bag of poop ground ANZ. same goes for the other 21 guys but more buddy.

'acceptable' margins if we were to lose to Richmond and still finish top

If Richmond Score|We Need to score at least
\45|2
\50|9
\55|16
\60|23
\65|30
\70|37
\75|44
\80|51
\85|58
\90|65
\95|72
\100|79
\105|86
\110|93
\115|100
\120|107
\125|115
\130|122
\135|129
\140|136
\145|143
I'm terrible at maths, but by my reckoning, the swans would need to lose by 70 to 80 pts in order to drop to 2nd position. Someone please prove me wrong on this...

I'm terrible at maths, but by my reckoning, the swans would need to lose by 70 to 80 pts in order to drop to 2nd position. Someone please prove me wrong on this...
You're right,you are terrible at Maths;).
The table that you quoted above is correct.
A 70 point loss would DEFINITELY see that happen.
Hell,even in the unlikely event of a shootout,as little as a goal,could.
Just WIN.

i'll make it simple if the final score is
Richmond......Sydney
100 ...............79

Sydney stays in first

if we score 78 we finish second.

the figure on the right is what we need to score to stay in first if richmond reach the score on the left.

After attempting to have genuine conversation over on their board, and a couple supporters being absolute flogs, I am hoping we destroy their chances.

Have been over there a bit this week, it's been rather fun actually and the banter has been fine. But game is game day and I suspect nerves have reached breaking point and the flogs will come out to play.

Not all all.

Check the injury sheets. LRT, Tommy Walsh, Morton, McGlynn, Tippett, Rampe, Hannebery, Bird and Kennedy have all had bad leg injuries at the SCG over the past couple of years. Mitchell hurt his leg at ANZ in last year's semi, but that's about it.

I meant relative to how often we play there, we tend to get more injuries as a percentage at ANZ I'd imagine. Could someone do up that stat and take into account opposition injuries too?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have been over there a bit this week, it's been rather fun actually and the banter has been fine. But game is game day and I suspect nerves have reached breaking point and the flogs will come out to play.

So have I. Starting to resorting to typical bay like responses. Gonna avoid that place for a bit either way the result goes.

Unless a poster really annoys me here :D

So have I. Starting to resorting to typical bay like responses. Gonna avoid that place for a bit either way the result goes.

Unless a poster really annoys me here :D

I'm more amused they went from thinking they have a 50/50 chance to wanting to not just win, but flog us by 30 and take away minor premiership.

I'm more amused they went from thinking they have a 50/50 chance to wanting to not just win, but flog us by 30 and take away minor premiership.
Not sure who "they" is but it's not the sane supporters. Any of them who thinks your mob will just roll over only needs to look to the Hawthorn vs Collingwood game last night that had similar consequences on the line for each team.

Weather looks a bit ordinary on the radar. How does the dodgy turf at Homebush play in the wet if it's slippery even in the dry? :eek:

I meant relative to how often we play there, we tend to get more injuries as a percentage at ANZ I'd imagine. Could someone do up that stat and take into account opposition injuries too?

I'm not sure, but I don't think there were any injuries at all the last couple of times we played the Hawks at ANZ. And they were hard games.

Anyway, no one wants injuries wherever we play, so fingers crossed for tonight and the finals.

Not sure who "they" is but it's not the sane supporters. Any of them who thinks your mob will just roll over only needs to look to the Hawthorn vs Collingwood game last night that had similar consequences on the line for each team.

Weather looks a bit ordinary on the radar. How does the dodgy turf at Homebush play in the wet if it's slippery even in the dry? :eek:

Not entirely! Richmond are a team playing good football who have won 8 in a row and desperately want finals.
Collingwood had a VFL team who were thinking about mad Monday. Richmond are more than a chance, and winning by 30 isn't even that inconceivable to me - I was just amused at how the mood shifts throughout the week. I remember it was the exact same for the Freo final last year.

I hope neither team gets injuries. It's been raining all night, I think the ground will be atrocious. I don't even want to know what NRL have done.

Not entirely! Richmond are a team playing good football who have won 8 in a row and desperately want finals.
Collingwood had a VFL team who were thinking about mad Monday. Richmond are more than a chance, and winning by 30 isn't even that inconceivable to me - I was just amused at how the mood shifts throughout the week. I remember it was the exact same for the Freo final last year.

I hope neither team gets injuries. It's been raining all night, I think the ground will be atrocious. I don't even want to know what NRL have done.

I do think we have a better chance than Collingwood last night simply because in recent years Hawthorn have generally spanked Collingwood compared to Richmond vs Sydney games, which have been generally competitive. I just think our fans are putting too much weight on the "nothing to play for" factor and Hawthorn showed last night that really doesn't matter.

Sydney are favourites for a reason. You're the better team and we'll need to play out of our skins, and not fall into our lapses of saving games instead of winning them. Should be a good match.

Watch out whoever takes a run or jump for a mark in the wings.

I do think we have a better chance than Collingwood last night simply because in recent years Hawthorn have generally spanked Collingwood compared to Richmond vs Sydney games, which have been generally competitive. I just think our fans are putting too much weight on the "nothing to play for" factor and Hawthorn showed last night that really doesn't matter.

Sydney are favourites for a reason. You're the better team and we'll need to play out of our skins, and not fall into our lapses of saving games instead of winning them. Should be a good match.
Good sensible post.

Yep you guys have a chance because you are in form and we have or will rest some players and a lot rides on this game for your club.

But it is played in Sydney against a proud bunch of professionals that hate losing which contain a number of guys fighting for a possible place in a flag team.

As all contact sport players know you can't half play the game for any length of time. Sure that last 5 or 10 minutes when the result is beyond dispute can turn into kick to kick but the surest way to get hurt is to go soft early.

It is just another game until deep into the fourth quarter and should be a cracker.

I do think we have a better chance than Collingwood last night ....Should be a good match.
I hope your boys really turn it on tonight and make it a good spectacle.

If you can nudge us out, it would be due reward for the Tiges late season turn around.

West Coast are no certainties against the Suns, that's a big long road trip to Metricon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back