KDFL 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please tell me that a boundary umpire did not send a player off. They are supposed to inform the senior central and he is to do this at the next available break. Good luck trying for any technicalities, even if the umpires can't or won't follow the advice set out in their own manual.

Please tell me that a boundary umpire did not send a player off. They are supposed to inform the senior central and he is to do this at the next available break. Good luck trying for any technicalities, even if the umpires can't or won't follow the advice set out in their own manual.

The Central sent him off on the boundary umpires behalf, as play was about to commence in the 4th quarter. (2nd available break)

I realise boundary or goal umpires can report players. But surely they should stay out of a marking contest situation. You would think the Two central umpires would have seen the "incident". They were so outraged they blew their whistle and awarded a mark..

Gee some harsh judges on here.Fact Mick Shiels is a gun won medal in 2007? and now in 2014.Consistecy and longevity unquestioned.Brian Wilson and Shane Woewodin fluked a brownlow but very few players in any comp can fluke 2 comp medals.Think hes old man won 4 or 5 also some people just dont show enough respect dissapointing I say.

Gee some harsh judges on here.Fact Mick Shiels is a gun won medal in 2007? and now in 2014.Consistecy and longevity unquestioned.Brian Wilson and Shane Woewodin fluked a brownlow but very few players in any comp can fluke 2 comp medals.Think hes old man won 4 or 5 also some people just dont show enough respect dissapointing I say.
Word

Geoff Conally got off at the tribunal and rightly so nothing in the incident Geoff is not that player that goes around kicking players or sniping A good result
Heard that liverton was in his corner helping him out which is great A lot of rivalry between these 2 clubs but also a lot of respect!!!
The Central sent him off on the boundary umpires behalf, as play was about to commence in the 4th quarter. (2nd available break)

I realise boundary or goal umpires can report players. But surely they should stay out of a marking contest situation. You would think the Two central umpires would have seen the "incident". They were so outraged they blew their whistle and awarded a mark..

Just a reminder about the "Ice Bucket Challenge" that I'm trying to get going to organise money for the Motor Nuron Disease! The Lanky Football club did theirs tonight, with 15 people doing it! As I've said I've spoke with a few clubs who have agreed to join in & show their support to raise money for such a shocking illness.... Our league president has also agreed to jump on board & get involved & do his Ice Bucket Challenge on our league's Grand Final day.... It also been supported by the shepp news who is posting all our photo's.... So please if you want to know more & get your club involved before everyone's seasons are fully over send me a private message & i'll fill you in on the rest of the details.... Cheers again :thumbsu:

Exactly right. Happens with any B n F award. What I think would be a more worthy award is a Players Player award - club and league level. Each player gives a 2 and a 1 vote on the best player for that day.
I agree with that
as most players I would think would hold this award in as higher regard as the B & F as you are being voted on by your peers..

Not a stand out or match winner... And you even admit to only seeing him twice a year!! Obviously turned it on in the other games you weren't at...and violet town have a really good shut down player (jax maybe???) when you do get to see him. Unfortunately folks like to complain when a guy from their home club don't get what they think they deserve. s**t we all remember when youngy from ardy tied for the medal coz burners hit someone.. again :eek: Sparra, think you should be more concerned if Poole doesn't win vt best and fairest rather than the league, and in sure you'll tear the walls down if he doesn't
No need to worry as we have already had our count and won easily..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just have to sell some more raffle tickets between now and next year to get Linc Wellington and keep barca because he is worth it.

So much for all the experts that said we don't need a final 6 in that the 6 side is only making up the numbers Well what happened to day
lancy as burners said are scared of no one and proved today they are in the hunt. Stanhope were beaten by a better side Maybee they might
not go any further next week we will wait and see well done to day LANCY!!!

So much for all the experts that said we don't need a final 6 in that the 6 side is only making up the numbers Well what happened to day
lancy as burners said are scared of no one and proved today they are in the hunt. Stanhope were beaten by a better side Maybee they might
not go any further next week we will wait and see well done to day LANCY!!!
Fair point.

The AFL assign home finals to higher ranked teams as a way of providing advantage.
Could it work at local level? The higher ranked senior team gets to host the final they are participating in.

The AFL assign home finals to higher ranked teams as a way of providing advantage.
Could it work at local level? The higher ranked senior team gets to host the final they are participating in.
It is a logical idea GK, but the issue there is the teams that consistently struggle to make finals will be the sides that don't get to host the games! & there has already been plenty of debate about the league letting the Grand Final be at Mooroopna & not a KDFL ground.... So the only sensible thing to do is share the games....

In all honesty though, come finals time it shouldn't matter where you play....

Well done Ardy in the way you prepared your facilities in yesterdays record elim final credit must go to Dwayne young and his men since he has been
at the club he has turned things around for the better both on and off the field Ihope willo is reappointed if they retain the majority of their list and with the
right recuiting there will be some good times ahead for my? old club Ardy!!!

Hey no
Hey normo, have you heard the lancy score today. You showed a bit of interest in how they were going earlier in the year so thought you might know.
Haha.. Yeah probably know the scores mate as I was there in attendance.. Yeah the better team one simple as that.. We were very indiscipline in give 4 or 5 50s away which resulted in a few goals.. So can only blame ourselves for that.. In all honesty even if we won would of been up against it next week.. A few wouldn't of come up and I would of been up s**t creek in selecting a 2s team as I only had 22 if they had one.. But good luck to all that are in the finals.. Bit of a upset in the 2s today with undera getting over the roos..

Haha.. Yeah probably know the scores mate as I was there in attendance.. Yeah the better team one simple as that.. We were very indiscipline in give 4 or 5 50s away which resulted in a few goals.. So can only blame ourselves for that.. In all honesty even if we won would of been up against it next week.. A few wouldn't of come up and I would of been up s**t creek in selecting a 2s team as I only had 22 if they had one.. But good luck to all that are in the finals.. Bit of a upset in the 2s today with undera getting over the roos..
Should have just stopped at the better team won simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back