KDFL 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear my poor girls ..
In the week leading up to the Murch game at Longwood I was there manning the bar on Thirsty night as all old footy supporter farts should do .. this time on the non-serving side.
The rain in late June and July had players covered in mud at Longwood. But it hadn’t rained for two weeks before round 19 Longwood at home against Murch on 16 August.
When the Murch coach person ..erm is that how one “pronounonciates” it ..eh pearson ..erm .. person? said at 11.30 pharwking am that day that it was all off .. as I was putting on my white coat .. grabbing my flags to again volunteer for the twos game (.. for nuthin’ U rsoles!!) .. and no points to Longwood you Murch greasers!
Longwood’s senior coach said that the KDFL pres was here at 10.00 am and gave it the ok?? But that pears .. ah person kept saying No no no . Now Blind freddy knows that he didn’t want to play a “nebulous” game agin the wooden spooners and maybe have any ego damage to his big money boys before the premiership is won by the biggest money payers ..eh .. like VT in 2012!!

Where are the decision makers now .. and don’t piss me off with that they will argue “SUPPORT” by the KDFL taking the game away from Longwood to Violet Town after 2 weeks .. and no rain! Yet the “Master Debaters” in charge of the KD footy don’t want a game at Longwood as they want to “Showcase the League” . I.E Piss off Longwood you are the Sorbent of this league .. looked at from KDFL exec view point. Jobs not finished till the paper work is done ..me tinks?

Gob smacked .. a comp flogged by Tallangatta league in inter league footy don’t rely on Longwood to showcase their egos. Redlegs Stadium .. so good in surrounds, facilities and a footy ground which on 31 August 2014 would be brilliant for a game of cricket for Australia against Zimbabwe!!

And if you get bored with watching some of the over salaried players getting flogged by some other over salaried footballers. Just pay $3 Green fees at the bar and enjoy 9 holes of sand scrape golf .. wraps up a great day ..eh?

Who won the footy .. erm who cares!!

John Carrot

John Carracher .. the old winger !!! As me New Zelender mate may say .. Puss off you duckheads!!!

JC , VT help you out and you still give them a whack over 2012 and if your ground was ok to play on why didn't you fight to get the points

Oh dear my poor girls ..
In the week leading up to the Murch game at Longwood I was there manning the bar on Thirsty night as all old footy supporter farts should do .. this time on the non-serving side.
The rain in late June and July had players covered in mud at Longwood. But it hadn’t rained for two weeks before round 19 Longwood at home against Murch on 16 August.
When the Murch coach person ..erm is that how one “pronounonciates” it ..eh pearson ..erm .. person? said at 11.30 pharwking am that day that it was all off .. as I was putting on my white coat .. grabbing my flags to again volunteer for the twos game (.. for nuthin’ U rsoles!!) .. and no points to Longwood you Murch greasers!
Longwood’s senior coach said that the KDFL pres was here at 10.00 am and gave it the ok?? But that pears .. ah person kept saying No no no . Now Blind freddy knows that he didn’t want to play a “nebulous” game agin the wooden spooners and maybe have any ego damage to his big money boys before the premiership is won by the biggest money payers ..eh .. like VT in 2012!!

Where are the decision makers now .. and don’t piss me off with that they will argue “SUPPORT” by the KDFL taking the game away from Longwood to Violet Town after 2 weeks .. and no rain! Yet the “Master Debaters” in charge of the KD footy don’t want a game at Longwood as they want to “Showcase the League” . I.E Piss off Longwood you are the Sorbent of this league .. looked at from KDFL exec view point. Jobs not finished till the paper work is done ..me tinks?

Gob smacked .. a comp flogged by Tallangatta league in inter league footy don’t rely on Longwood to showcase their egos. Redlegs Stadium .. so good in surrounds, facilities and a footy ground which on 31 August 2014 would be brilliant for a game of cricket for Australia against Zimbabwe!!

And if you get bored with watching some of the over salaried players getting flogged by some other over salaried footballers. Just pay $3 Green fees at the bar and enjoy 9 holes of sand scrape golf .. wraps up a great day ..eh?

John Carrot

John Carracher .. the old winger !!! As me New Zelender mate may say .. Puss off you duckheads!!!
John carrot go play on the highway you peanut .. stop clogging up my news feeds

JC , VT help you out and you still give them a whack over 2012 and if your ground was ok to play on why didn't you fight to get the points
Longwood is going to need plenty of helpers this week to host the finals under difficult circumstances, I hope Old JC is there helping out as I would love to catch up for a frothy..After we finishing helping Longwood out on the day that is..

Oh that's right #clinics ;)
Hey Arky old mate,I have spent long hours so far this week in preparing your wing for you with an extra fast track so you can dominate that side of the ground like old times. It would be great for the crowd to once again see a super exciting speedster tearing up the track with skill and high flying marks..That is of course they pay you for finals as it would be a shame for you to not make an appearance just because of money..:p:p

Oh dear my poor girls ..

John Carrot

I had a knee reco about 3 months ago jc and I just got the all clear to run again so I was gonna be the runner and as soon as I seen the ground there was not a hope in hell I would try run on that let alone expect people to play a game on it. Instead of writing a heap of s**t on here how about you use your time more wisely and maybe go down and help fix the ground?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had a knee reco about 3 months ago jc and I just got the all clear to run again so I was gonna be the runner and as soon as I seen the ground there was not a hope in hell I would try run on that let alone expect people to play a game on it. Instead of writing a heap of s**t on here how about you use your time more wisely and maybe go down and help fix the ground?
Sorry boys but there might be something to what JC is saying in my humble opinion - rants on buying Premierships not withstanding. After the winter rainfall, I wonder how many grounds were "playable" and yet teams still turned up and slogged on. I wonder how many of you have stood in absolutely freezing conditions with numb extremities and played on regardless. I umpired a game a few weeks ago, walked onto the ground and within forty metres was ankle deep in mud (I'd suggest respectfully that this situation would have been out of bounds for someone having recently had a full knee reco). Football is a winter sport and there are generations of players before who have ploughed through conditions never seen by players of the past fifteen or fewer years. If it's any consolation, people are whinging about the current state of Victoria Park, Echuca, a GVFL ground no less. Every country rain affected ground has inconsistencies that might or might not be detrimental to the players; one step in the mud, the next on solid ground etc. Anyone care to comment on the state of Tallygaroopna's ground last year when no one could believe the score against Rushworth (1.5.11 to 1.4.10)? Will we now be avoiding preseason matches for grounds being too hard? As for JC's thoughts, I heard them almost word for word from a Longwood lass this evening, so unless JC is the master puppeteer, then maybe it has some legs. For those blokes that won the flag in 2012, congratulations. In the last game of 2014 the results have how many of your premiership mates trying to hold together a side that was trounced by 83 points, 10th v 11th no less. The young lass from Longwood was also excited that they will probably field an U/17 netball team next year, in the next breath she feared Longwood having no football team. Longwood, under no obligation whatsoever, stumped up a thirds side this year and Murchison did not. Maybe a few naysayers could get down there and help for the sake of the game and its future. If Longwood were to go under in 2015 who will be next?

1. The ground was unfit for football. No precedent to worry about.
2. Murchison will have 3rds next year and are busy working with the local community to ensure numbers are strong going forward. Our local GVL club Tatura struggling for numbers and quality also.
3. Volunteers are hard to find.

Hey Arky old mate,I have spent long hours so far this week in preparing your wing for you with an extra fast track so you can dominate that side of the ground like old times. It would be great for the crowd to once again see a super exciting speedster tearing up the track with skill and high flying marks..That is of course they pay you for finals as it would be a shame for you to not make an appearance just because of money..:p:p
Don't waste your time Jax, we're playing at Ardy this Saturday.... Buuuuut the winner of that game DOES play on your ground the following week so maybe, just maybe keep some extra fuel in the mower for The ARk's "Great Southern" Wing.... You never know.... ;)

1. The ground was unfit for football. No precedent to worry about.
2. Murchison will have 3rds next year and are busy working with the local community to ensure numbers are strong going forward. Our local GVL club Tatura struggling for numbers and quality also.
3. Volunteers are hard to find.
War.jpg When Tough Aussie diggers slogged in mud day in day out to defend our great country not once did it enter there mind to say "hey its to muddy for War " so harden up you girls a play footy what ever the conditions, we cannot play in mud , but real men battled in it.

Don't waste your time Jax, we're playing at Ardy this Saturday.... Buuuuut the winner of that game DOES play on your ground the following week so maybe, just maybe keep some extra fuel in the mower for The ARk's "Great Southern" Wing.... You never know.... ;)
Bugga, I went and catered for the great man to grace the famous VTG Knowing that his presence alone was going to bring an extra 1000 ppl through the gate. Lanky had better win then otherwise I will have to throw a big party to get rid of all the surplus food I ordered..But then again if you lose the great man himself can come and eat the FREE food and we all know how much he loves the word FREE..:D:D

View attachment 75908 When Tough Aussie diggers slogged in mud day in day out to defend our great country not once did it enter there mind to say "hey its to muddy for War " so harden up you girls a play footy what ever the conditions, we cannot play in mud , but real men battled in it.
Good call, but the bloke on the left side of your picture looks exactly like David Rigney from Lanky..Built like him anyway but then again Tigsy told me he dosent have a very big weapon and fires blanks which in this photo would be real handy..

View attachment 75908 When Tough Aussie diggers slogged in mud day in day out to defend our great country not once did it enter there mind to say "hey its to muddy for War " so harden up you girls a play footy what ever the conditions, we cannot play in mud , but real men battled in it.

Ontheball that is a ridiculous comparison, no thought put into it whatsoever. Comparing Soldiers trudging through mud many moons ago to a 2014 KDFL match, Give me a spell.
This is the 21st Century and Longwood's ground is not exceptable for footy. I have nothing against the Longwood Football Club, and I've played on plenty of grounds in Melbourne in the middle of winter but nowhere near as bad as what Long woods ground was.
Anyway the Mighty Towner's weren't good enough this year to be involved in September so may the best team win, and for what its worth & from what I've seen I reckon Murchison are the team to beat.
Good luck to all those involved in finals.

Sorry boys but there might be something to what JC is saying in my humble opinion - rants on buying Premierships not withstanding. After the winter rainfall, I wonder how many grounds were "playable" and yet teams still turned up and slogged on. I wonder how many of you have stood in absolutely freezing conditions with numb extremities and played on regardless. I umpired a game a few weeks ago, walked onto the ground and within forty metres was ankle deep in mud (I'd suggest respectfully that this situation would have been out of bounds for someone having recently had a full knee reco). Football is a winter sport and there are generations of players before who have ploughed through conditions never seen by players of the past fifteen or fewer years. If it's any consolation, people are whinging about the current state of Victoria Park, Echuca, a GVFL ground no less. Every country rain affected ground has inconsistencies that might or might not be detrimental to the players; one step in the mud, the next on solid ground etc. Anyone care to comment on the state of Tallygaroopna's ground last year when no one could believe the score against Rushworth (1.5.11 to 1.4.10)? Will we now be avoiding preseason matches for grounds being too hard? As for JC's thoughts, I heard them almost word for word from a Longwood lass this evening, so unless JC is the master puppeteer, then maybe it has some legs. For those blokes that won the flag in 2012, congratulations. In the last game of 2014 the results have how many of your premiership mates trying to hold together a side that was trounced by 83 points, 10th v 11th no less. The young lass from Longwood was also excited that they will probably field an U/17 netball team next year, in the next breath she feared Longwood having no football team. Longwood, under no obligation whatsoever, stumped up a thirds side this year and Murchison did not. Maybe a few naysayers could get down there and help for the sake of the game and its future. If Longwood were to go under in 2015 who will be next?
it probably would of been playable of it was mud! The ground was 3/4 dry so it didn't mover under the feet where as if it was mud it would move under the feet

Anyone rate Michael Morgan (ave) or Sam Poole (VT) a chance for the medal? Probably the best I've seen play, although I haven't watched much senior footy this year

Ontheball that is a ridiculous comparison, no thought put into it whatsoever. Comparing Soldiers trudging through mud many moons ago to a 2014 KDFL match, Give me a spell.
This is the 21st Century and Longwood's ground is not exceptable for footy. I have nothing against the Longwood Football Club, and I've played on plenty of grounds in Melbourne in the middle of winter but nowhere near as bad as what Long woods ground was.
Anyway the Mighty Towner's weren't good enough this year to be involved in September so may the best team win, and for what its worth & from what I've seen I reckon Murchison are the team to beat.
mate you must be 45 years old are you, played in many grounds in mud, and it's a statement that you just don't give up because of a little bit of mud, girls pay to get the stuff put on them, maybe whoever in this forum goes """ oooo"""" it's muddy I'm not playing football should start there own knitting club forum.

mate you must be 45 years old are you, played in many grounds in mud, and it's a statement that you just don't give up because of a little bit of mud, girls pay to get the stuff put on them, maybe whoever in this forum goes """ oooo"""" it's muddy I'm not playing football should start there own knitting club forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back