The Official "What is this player worth?" Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Wce need mids and have some very good talls.

A lot of clubs seem to need key position backs.

What would a Mitch Brown or McGovern get us in draft picks ?

J. Lyons - Probably worth a late 2nd round/early 3rd round pick
L. Thompson - Not worth much, but our lack of KPD would see us want overs. Pick 30 on.
L. Johnston - Possible delistee.

Having said that, we desperately need a back-up Ruck, KPD or Mid with pace. Would probably take unders to fill a need.

For the Brisbane players listed:

Jordan lisle - DFA, you get him for free no take backs.

Mitch Golby - third rounder is fair value for a depth player.

What would Matt Leuenberger be worth?

I'd give you our 1st but I'd want your 3rd back due to his injury history.

J. Lyons - Probably worth a late 2nd round/early 3rd round pick
L. Thompson - Not worth much, but our lack of KPD would see us want overs. Pick 30 on.
L. Johnston - Possible delistee.

Having said that, we desperately need a back-up Ruck, KPD or Mid with pace. Would probably take unders to fill a need.

Thoughts on Mitchell Grigg? Just 14 AFL games (with 56.21% gametime) in three seasons, but back-to-back top 10 finishes in the Magarey Medal at two different clubs (Norwood, Adelaide Reserves). Where does he fit going forward?

Thoughts on Mitchell Grigg? Just 14 AFL games (with 56.21% gametime) in three seasons, but back-to-back top 10 finishes in the Magarey Medal at two different clubs (Norwood, Adelaide Reserves). Where does he fit going forward?

Not sure. We on the AFC board love him. Has an elite kick, and no, that's not an exaggeration. Is continually made the Sub for some strange reason. Hopefully will get more game time next year once it's scrapped. I'm really not sure how the club rates him.

Sam Gilbert anyone?

What about Leigh Montagna, Arryn Sippos, David Armitage?
I haven't watched many St. Kilda games lately but what has happened to Gilbert?

A few years ago, he was probably the best loose defender in the competition. I think he had a few injuries then he played a bit as a forward and even had stints as a tagger.

I haven't watched many St. Kilda games lately but what has happened to Gilbert?

A few years ago, he was probably the best loose defender in the competition. I think he had a few injuries then he played a bit as a forward and even had stints as a tagger.

Average player made to look better than he was in a good side IMO. Has the physical tools, but is his football brain is lacking. Injuries haven't helped either - just 15 games in the past two seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have heard that both the SA clubs are putting a lot of work into trying to get Toumpas back to his home state. He is contracted for 2015, but will he stay - and if he doesn't, what is his trade value?

1st pick for crows (9ish)

1st pick for port (15ish) + either a fringe player (aaron young) or swap of other picks

Trent Dumont-Interested in what SA fans would do-look up his stats this year
Leigh Adams
Scott McMahon
Aaron Mullet

Adam traelor
Paul seedsman
Jarrod witts
Jack gunstan
Jimmy toumpus
Jonathan giles
James Aish

Have heard that both the SA clubs are putting a lot of work into trying to get Toumpas back to his home state. He is contracted for 2015, but will he stay - and if he doesn't, what is his trade value?

Such a poor draft choice when they had Wines right in front of them.

I'd say pretty doubtful Melbourne would consider him tradeable if contracted unless Roos really doesn't rate him. Melbourne would have to take a big haircut at the moment Polec style.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back