List Mgmt. AFC - 2014 Drafting and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Played the first 3 games as a half forward, averaged 15 touches and kicked 5 goals. Was dropped.
If I recall correctly, he was injured, not dropped when he came out of the side. As impressive as those numbers seem, I can't help but recall being underwhelmed with how he started off the season.

That said, I do agree that he wasn't given much of a chance this year after returning from injury which was disappointing.

On Robinson, he's someone I have sort of been interested in in the past, but he seems like such an idiot, I don't think he'd be great for the culture of the club and would like to think we could do better (or promote from within). Whilst watching that video linked in the thread, if he was to come for 'free' he'd probably be an upgrade on someone like Brodie Martin for example as Robinson splits packs open, can find quite a bit of it, decent inside midfielder and better in front of goal.

That said, ideally this is where someone like Grigg might possibly play next year, or Smith to the wing.

Yeah he used to play counter strike under the alias of Saba a long time ago.

Haha no s**t. CS brings back memories. Used to play a bit of that myself, mainly Soldier Of Fortune 2 and Rocket Arena though. It's funny, you get the impression that everybody sitting behind the screen is a massive nerd, yet of the two people from Adelaide I met through it, one is a DJ, and the other is the rapper Vents, who is now signed to the Hilltop Hoods' record label.

If I recall correctly, he was injured, not dropped when he came out of the side. As impressive as those numbers seem, I can't help but recall being underwhelmed with how he started off the season.

That said, I do agree that he wasn't given much of a chance this year after returning from injury which was disappointing.

On Robinson, he's someone I have sort of been interested in in the past, but he seems like such an idiot, I don't think he'd be great for the culture of the club and would like to think we could do better (or promote from within). Whilst watching that video linked in the thread, if he was to come for 'free' he'd probably be an upgrade on someone like Brodie Martin for example as Robinson splits packs open, can find quite a bit of it, decent inside midfielder and better in front of goal.

That said, ideally this is where someone like Grigg might possibly play next year, or Smith to the wing.
Well if they want to get some more "mongrel" into the team then he's someone you'd take a look at.

Redhorse, you either know who we're chasing, or you don't. Either way, the attention-seeking behaviour to earn internet points is very lame. Cut it out.

Redhorse, you either know who we're chasing, or you don't. Either way, the attention-seeking behaviour to earn internet points is very lame. Cut it out.

What? People keep asking HIM. Clearly, it's a mix of a whisper and a lot of hopefulness. Nothing wrong with anything he's said.

If there is no interest in Robinson I'd be happy to get him as a delisted FA.

I'm happy to move on 9-10 players including trades (Lyons and/or Wright) and use the first 5-6 picks on young talent (draft or trade) and top up the last 3 spots with older players (ie Goldsack, Malceski, Garlett, Robinson, or Gwilt).

With making so many list changes and replacing them with predominantly young players our depth would be even worse than this year if we didn't bring in a few older guys to bridge the gap temporarily.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Red horse, this big fish you're talking about/hoping for, is he a FA or a younger talent?

Sounds like we might be giving away our 1st round pick.

And do you agree with the target?

Has Robinson ever played the role of tagger, if so was he successful (i guess he may not have too often given they had Curnow and Carazzo).

He does provide hardness and grunt. Has the athleticism to go with most players. But he's a head case and disposal is scattergun which we don't want more of.

If he can be a hard, defensive mid/forward I'd consider it (if they think he won't ruin the culture off field) as we could release Kerridge to a more damaging forward/mid role, VB to backline, Douglas will hopefully be fit and firing to be a more damaging player again, and Brown/Kelly are the other long shot tagger hopes who may be required down back or are simply not ready.

I can only do what people ask. I like to keep posters in the loop. Yes I have connections and I can pass on info, but I said this last year. If I pass on too much I run the risk of having my avenues shut down. (The people I know do infact know I stream my info)
So I tend to not let out too much info until I know for sure the deals getting close to finished.

I'll always share as much as I can.

Red horse, this big fish you're talking about/hoping for, is he a FA or a younger talent?

Sounds like we might be giving away our 1st round pick.

And do you agree with the target?

Both. Agree with the direction of the club for who we are chasing. Id say its a 20% chance of giving up pick 9. Still too early to tell. I hope we don't mind you.

redhorse was on the money last year and he needs to respect his relationships and pass in info at the right time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back