Would we be the first Premiers to not have an All Australian member?

Remove this Banner Ad

Just one player in the top 40 is even more ridiculous than having none in the 22. And if we do get through to the grand final, these peanuts won't even have the common decency to feel embarrassed. They will actually consider that vindication of their belief that NMFC is a very even side with no stars, good on them, etc. So condescending. They can all get stuffed.

Did the NM players need any more incentive than they have had this week. First the boomer issue and then being overlooked, although in truth I'm not sure how many would have been compelling candidates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I couldnt care less about the AA Team, as soon as Scotty T and Todd didnt make the 40 I knew we wouldnt have much of a chance...in saying that, apart from an iffy backline, its hard to argue about most of the rest who made it - a pretty talented bunch. Clearly a flip of the coin job by the selection committee and we came up short.

Bet most of them would rather be fighting for a grand final spot this weekend though.

Our best/ most important players currently
Wells Harvey Swallow Thommo JZ Cunners LT Goldy probly Petrie

If we can have a few years of success, which translates into Big Games on the Box, preferably Finals
at some point Cunners is most likely, and cross fingers LMac maybe Atley and the way he is going well guess Turner is Most Likely assuming he his footy skills match his guts

Lets not forget Wells and Swallow would have been shoe ins for minimum squad of 40 if not injured for majority of the season.
Also ive said this before but sandilands season has been good but very overrated. Jacobs or Goldstein better than him.

Now that Boomer has been overlooked for the AA side, I reckon if we were to go all the way having not one AA 2014 player would be something to be proud of.
We should be proud with what the team has achieved already, we still gotta beat the best team just to make the gf so dont count your chickens

Lets not forget Wells and Swallow would have been shoe ins for minimum squad of 40 if not injured for majority of the season.
Also ive said this before but sandilands season has been good but very overrated. Jacobs or Goldstein better than him.
Goldstein finished the season in fine form but he'll never be a Sandilands

I think our boys have played perfect 'team' football throughout the year so no one really shined.

Every week we've had someone different step up and star. Dal one week, Cunners the next type stuff and the second half of the Bombers final they all clicked in one half of footy and we were phenomenal!

This makes us a very hard match up and the evenness of our team is the reason no one stands out to the AA selectors.

Just keep winning boys!

Ablett in!!!! WTF?......Has been in bed half the season...Short Steppell Heppell...and Duck The contest Selwood....an absolute joke. Only thing missing is Goodes .....he may still seek inclusion based on his exclusion....the precious one overlooked. ...Go Kangas another reason to STICK IT UP 'EM.

Can't believe that even with Nicky Dal we don't have a member of AA worth.

:drunk:

Only one who deserves to be in the 40 was harvey. Others had good seasons infact most others did but there were better players in their positions over the course of the season.

Nothing to be outraged over here. Its a good reflection of how even we have been this season.

Yeah, I'd say the same.

Harvey deserved to be top 40, maybe Goldstein, Cunners and Greenwood had some minor claims, but didn't expected to make it.

We do in fact have a very even spread, not sure why commentators are bagged for saying that....when it is in fact quite right and one of our real strengths.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back