Preview Changes and prematch discussion vs whoever we have next week

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty happy with those changes, some more youth in and some deadwood out.

I don't understand the logic of putting players out of position in the team sheets, ie Drury CHB and Spicer CHF in the reserves. It doesn't really matter but you might as well place the players in their most likely positions.

Could it be because at every centre bounce, the quicker small forwards line up on the 50m arc (CHF) whereas the KPFs are both closer to goal? Positions have changed. The clubs are just showing us what their magnetic whiteboard looks like rather than the out of date team sheet positions from the 19th century.

Ok at the very least I’m expecting a more competitive performance, as others have said anyone who can hit a target with a 20m kick is an improvement, set low goals and be less disappointed 😉
I expect us to be much more competitive this week. Surely, and stop calling me Shirley

Things I want to see from the new players
Drury to be clean and get a bit of it - a goal would be nice as well.
Perez/Bergman - to accumulate and give us some real rebound from defence.
Mahony to get at the fall of the ball and use it well.
LDU to get back to his early season form

I reckon this is genuinely the first time in 15 years this board has gone "****en drop everyone and play the kids" in a changes thread and it's actually happened exactly as we suggested

Weird feeling. What do we do now
I’m actually scared now.

Emergency Chaddy summit. Outside the Nandos. We're out of a job

I remember when we used to be able to afford to go inside the Nandos.

barry sloane revenge GIF by HULU

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want to see a massive gap between Perez, Mahony, Lazzaro (if sub) compared to Dury, Bergman. If not, the first three can gtfo

*, are we the Kane Cornes of bigfooty?

This might be the time to finally reveal Twinkletoes has forced us into making the "Firemods Of Bigfooty" calendar for next year but it's ok, he is Mr January through October.

Bout bloody time. Sick of the same old tired garbage from the same old plodders. High praise for whoever finally did something radical and played our young talent…

Haven't really swung the axe on any bigger names who keep blotting their copybooks.

But happy that a group of young guys get a chance together all the same.

Who else would you drop?
I can understand Clarko going with a bit of experience early on as ultimately that would have been the best for the development of the younger players while making them force their way in. But it looks like he’s taken 2-3 weeks too long to pull the pin on that strategy after realising that some experienced blokes in fact fail to provide any leadership while also being shitmen in their own right.

Those two early wins may have slightly contributed to the delayed reaction but we are where we are.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Who else would you drop?
I can understand Clarko going with a bit of experience early on as ultimately that would have been the best for the development of the younger players while making them force their way in. But it looks like he’s taken 2-3 weeks too long to pull the pin on that strategy after realising that some experienced blokes in fact fail to provide any leadership while also being shitmen in their own right.

Those two early wins may have slightly contributed to the delayed reaction but we are where we are.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Bang on. He gave the older guys a chance, and has made a good call to see who can step up and earn a spot. If I'm Clarko, I'm more interested in seeing how our up and comers can perform at the top level and moulding them into his system vs watching Aaron Hall turn it over at half back 15 times a game and do a hammy by round 10.

Well my son is playing the new AFL game a few glitches in it. He is playing as North goals to Mahoney, Free and here’s Kayne lining up for his fifth lolView attachment 1678219

Impressive poster above the tv.

Where’s that game being played? Looks like a Praccy?
Solid lead

And some of the glitches in that game I am seeing on Tik Tok are dreadful; how is it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back