Preview Changes and prematch discussion vs Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully we get to see Wardlaw, Powell, Phillips and Sheezel in the middle at the same time.

I know the safe play is to continue playing Harry down back but I think we need him in the guts, players like Wardlaw and Phillips will extract, they need players with smarts to get into position to receive. When LDU is playing great footy, he is getting his own ball, it has hurt not having Thomas around for the better part of two years. He had the outside smarts, LDU is more a balanced mid.

We've just been too impotent, we get the footy from stoppages but we lack a quality system of hitting our own teammates.

His automatic selection for Round 1 - until now - is just another of the many mysteries of selection.

CT did nothing over the pre season - was poor in match sim and practise matches - yet he got a game in Round 1 - has done nothing since and only now the selectors wake up and say ..wtf does this bloke do other than run around alot?

Would not be in the best 25 at any decent club - automatic selection with us - pretty much sums it all up.

LMac next.

In his defense, he had an injury interrupted pre-season so he came from a fair bit behind the others... but I agree, we should pick on form and it wasn't evident that it was happening.

I just don't think he does enough, sadly.

That game - LT had a couple - but that game against Carlton... probably, if not easily, the most dominant all over ground game by a North player since Carey or McKernan. He literally destroyed an entire team. One of the single best live performances I've ever seen.

Just watching Dees and other good teams play… the way they shepherd for each other… how they kick to a certain spot without looking (knowing that a team mate will be there), even how they spread to predetermined spots when they win possession.
It even makes crap players look sleek and elite.

I honestly don’t think we have a “talent” issue. It’s just knowing the game plan, grunt and hunger.

One exception that I noticed however is quick balls into 50. Good teams have a forward who just knows when to lead. Or maybe that too is part of their team gelling and reading each other 🤷🏻‍♂️

That game - LT had a couple - but that game against Carlton... probably, if not easily, the most dominant all over ground game by a North player since Carey or McKernan. He literally destroyed an entire team. One of the single best live performances I've ever seen.
Inspired by Phil Krakouer in the rooms pre-game iirc, and outdid Eddie Betts at the other end.

12 shots at goal.

12!

Just watching Dees and other good teams play… the way they shepherd for each other… how they kick to a certain spot without looking (knowing that a team mate will be there), even how they spread to predetermined spots when they win possession.
It even makes crap players look sleek and elite.

I honestly don’t think we have a “talent” issue. It’s just knowing the game plan, grunt and hunger.

One exception that I noticed however is quick balls into 50. Good teams have a forward who just knows when to lead. Or maybe that too is part of their team gelling and reading each other 🤷🏻‍♂️

Watch us play like this when we play with guts and determination

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B. Pickett every day of the week.
geez pickett was great to watch. miss those days…
unfortunately never saw Krak brothers era, other than there highlights.

winnie & wellsy both smooth movers and all class and LT’s passion and smarts are special mentions too…

north by 10pts for Al.
Loved watching all of them. But for a short time, the GOAT was Adrian McAdam!

Fisher is shiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Every year the AFL announce who they think the best umpires are in the first week of finals. Last year, whether we agree with who they are or not, 12 guys umpired in the first week of finals. Now with 4 umpires a week over 10 weeks we have had 40 opportunities to get one of those 12.

How many times out of 40 have we got one of the umpires that the AFL think are the best? 7. Collingwood? 23.

Bad umpires don't get sent to the bush these days. They get the North game.

Last edited:
No noise at Marvel as we run out lack of support for our club is a fu:king disgrace but as I supporter I should be used to it be lucky to be 10k here.

No noise at Marvel as we run out lack of support for our club is a fu:king disgrace but as I supporter I should be used to it be lucky to be 10k here.
So, the other 10,000 who showed up late were the noisy, passionate and unruly ones?!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back