Preview changes vs. the dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

This game is a must win for mine.
I'll be disappointed if we lose.

If we are serious about improving we need to come out and make a statement.

It's a must win in the sense we have the Blues, Lions, Cats (GMHBA) in the next 3 weeks.

We won't have a better opportunity tbh.

Otherwise despite improvement, we could easily be 0-5.

Hoping this illness doesn't mean we get flogged.

Yeah, don't know what to make of this. Apparently it was going around earlier in the week? Really don't want to see us get run over due to fatigue...

Clarko on the illness at the club: It went through us last weekend ... the players had recovered by Tuesday but they were quarantined and came in for a separate session.

We were just mindful those bugs can hang around. They'll all run out tomorrow.
Did he say that, being our second game, we'll be better for the runs?

Makes sense to give Chom 3 or 4 VFL games to get match fit and find his feet at CHB, we've waited so long for him to be injury free another few weeks isn't going to kill us.

When are you guys going to realise that Charlie Comben is a mythical creature created by the North Melbourne Corporation to drive people to buy more memberships.

Interesting to hear that Clarko said the virus swept thru last weekend. Might explain the poor 2nd half of George and the poor last 116 minutes of CCJ.

I’ll take any potential positive at this point!

schitts creek no GIF by CBC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it will be first time in my new, less good, seat.
Interesting seeing that l got kicked out of Aisle 38 Level 2 row D for the Arden lounge muppets....maybe its not as popular as they were expecting it to be.and you ended up in row E

When are you guys going to realise that Charlie Comben is a mythical creature created by the North Melbourne Corporation to drive people to buy more memberships.
When are you guys going to realise that the membership department is a mythical Bermuda Triangle created by the North Melbourne football club where supporter's money, plastic cards and email addresses mysteriously disappear without a trace.

Last edited:
This is the week that we find out how good we are.

I was thinking back to the GWS game, and I think every possible version of our side this year, whether it's the plucky 12-win version, or the miserable 2-win version, manages to lose that game by 5+ goals.

With Fremantle, unless they are genuinely a top-four side, we need to be winning this game. They are coming from Perth off a short break, they are ravaged by injury, and we match up decently on them. If we have improved at all this Summer, then we really can't lose this game.

If we lose this game, then it is suddenly very hard to find 7+ wins on the fixture.
I come in peace, just intrigued to know what you're thinking. To say we're ravaged by injury is incorrect. 2/3 of players injured last week were not B22. We are almost at full strength actually, just missing Chapman, Darcy, and Cox.

Our two teams have completely different styles, so will be interesting to see how this goes.

This game is a must win for mine.
I'll be disappointed if we lose.

If we are serious about improving we need to come out and make a statement.
We will. Jy is massive in 2024 for us with his defensive mid/HF pressure. GWS wouldn’t have been allowed to do what they did with Jy in the team (not constantly). I think we’ll see our best Saturday Arvo

I come in peace, just intrigued to know what you're thinking. To say we're ravaged by injury is incorrect. 2/3 of players injured last week were not B22. We are almost at full strength actually, just missing Chapman, Darcy, and Cox.

Our two teams have completely different styles, so will be interesting to see how this goes.

You had nearly a third of your list on the injury report. It's also round two. For comparison we only have two names unavailable for selection.

I think it was a fair assessment, even if only three or four of those names would be playing this weekend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back