Preview Round 16 changes vs crows after the bye

Remove this Banner Ad

Could be our break out game in a brilliant win on the road against the in form Crows. That’s what the heart says.
I reckon next week is the break out game Geelong in Geelong. Ending their era just like we started it for them back in the infamous 2007 game

Coming off the bye and away we won’t win this week and I’d like to see crows make the finals

Your posts are kind of contradictory ‘we are shite and going to get smashed’ vs ‘this is the strongest 22 in years’ I am confused. Maybe just nominate a score we will lose by despite fielding our best team in years?
Adelaide factor. We sent far more better teams over there in the last 2 decades who got nowhere near it.
Sadly for us, strongest 22 in years means this is probably the best team we've fielded since mid 2018.

Example being, LDU and Wardlaw play together for the first time.

Their no name backline is ripe for a smashing

Goldy break even and then let the mids run amok
If round 1-6 Ziebell returns, McKay version of * and STK plays and McDonald can lock down Rankine then maybe just then we might get a look in.

The fact is round 2 aside, out form away from Marvel is no good. Here's the result of the 6 losses below.
RD 3. L - 19PTS
RD 5. L - 75PTS
RD 6. L - 43PTS
RD 7. L - 90PTS
RD 9. L - 70PTS
RD 13. L - 28PTS

We average a 9 goal loss. Hopefully our form under Ratten can see that trend end.

For comparisons sake the 6 games at Marvel that we lost are below.
RD 4. L - 23PTS
RD 8. L - 30PTS
RD 10. L - 3PTS
RD 11. L - 35PTS
RD 12. L - 6PTS
RD 14. L - 21PTS

Average losing margin 19 points.

The positive I see is that we are super competitive at home. We werent under Noble. Geelong has made a living off banking wins at GMHBA. We need to turn Marvel into a fortress. The next step is to travel well but this might take another year or so.
Baby steps.

Will be great to see all of Simpkin, LDU, Thomas, Phillips, Powell, Wardlaw and Sheezel together for the first time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's this what really excites me. Nearly a third of our team running around together, all high picks and future stars along with an emerging middle tier of Ford, Bergman, Comben, Curtis and The Goat plus senior players like Scott, Logue, Larkey, Zurhaar, McDonald, Goldy plus Stevo and McKay (if he stays) leading the way. Add in George and hopefully three top round picks this year and we are starting to take shape.

I have probably missed a few but most other players who are in their mid to late 20s-30s would be on notice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think there's a whole lot between our two sides and the form shown over the past six weeks.

If we get anything close to the best of Simpkin and LDU, then with Wardlaw, Phillips, Thomas, and Greenwood as support we should have a major advantage in that area of the ground. Our scores per inside 50 have returned to a respectful level over the past four games and there's enough reason to be optimistic that if we get the ball forward against Adelaide we will score.

The problem is that they'll score plenty as well. We'll fall into the usual trap we find ourselves in, where we get stuck in the back half and fail time and time again to transition the ball forward. The other problem is comparing their form at Adelaide Oval against our form away from Marvel. On that basis alone we should consider ourselves lucky to get within 30 points.

Something like 115-80 seems realistic, but I can also see the recipe for winning if we win the clearances by 15 and we get a three vote game from LDU.

I’ve enjoyed watching plenty of my teams win there:
North Adelaide Roosters GF, Adelaide United GF, Wallabies, Maroons, Warriors, Scorchers, and Aussie cricket teams.
Never seen North Melbourne win there.
It’s depressing.
You probably will eventually, but I don't think it's going to be this week, especially if they start scratching after a shower.

356819025_2137345639792743_6004638535222057294_n.jpg

Some tipping predictions for this weekends game

It's this what really excites me. Nearly a third of our team running around together, all high picks and future stars along with an emerging middle tier of Ford, Bergman, Comben, Curtis and The Goat plus senior players like Scott, Logue, Larkey, Zurhaar, McDonald, Goldy plus Stevo and McKay (if he stays) leading the way. Add in George and hopefully three top round picks this year and we are starting to take shape.

I have probably missed a few but most other players who are in their mid to late 20s-30s would be on notice.
Yes this is what makes me wonder/hope if this is the game where everything falls into place, we click and push the crows right to the final siren. That would be awesome 😎

If round 1-6 Ziebell returns, McKay version of * and STK plays and McDonald can lock down Rankine then maybe just then we might get a look in.

The fact is round 2 aside, out form away from Marvel is no good. Here's the result of the 6 losses below.
RD 3. L - 19PTS
RD 5. L - 75PTS
RD 6. L - 43PTS
RD 7. L - 90PTS
RD 9. L - 70PTS
RD 13. L - 28PTS

We average a 9 goal loss. Hopefully our form under Ratten can see that trend end.

For comparisons sake the 6 games at Marvel that we lost are below.
RD 4. L - 23PTS
RD 8. L - 30PTS
RD 10. L - 3PTS
RD 11. L - 35PTS
RD 12. L - 6PTS
RD 14. L - 21PTS

Average losing margin 19 points.

The positive I see is that we are super competitive at home. We werent under Noble. Geelong has made a living off banking wins at GMHBA. We need to turn Marvel into a fortress. The next step is to travel well but this might take another year or so.
Baby steps.
This makes a mockery of our so called fortress blundstone. The sooner we're out the better

Remove this Banner Ad

Back