List Mgmt. Next Generation Academy Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Just curious how many kids you lot think would qualify for our academy. Not very many is the answer.

GC have 900 kids. Smithy, Davo, Knackers, Barry & Bruce Bourke. Etc .

In Tassie Them blardy English stockpiled the joint with the Irish. They of course don't qualify under the rules we work by. GC it doesn't matter.
After doing what they did to the locals he didn't leave much now did it. Not making light of the massacre as it of course is disgusting.

So yeah we never thought highly of the Tassie academy, our interest was always just TT and is why we started it.
I was told that very recently.

With the current rules our investment isn't worth it.

The overall talent pathways into the AFL are a joke.

Some clubshave some rules (northern states)
Some kids have some rules based on genetics (f/s)
Some kids have some rules based on geography and ethnicity (NGA)
Some clubs around bound by a pick exclusion period within the draft (NGA)

How any of that is supposed to land on equal is ridiculous.

Last year we were lambasted for asking for assistance from the AFL. Not only did we get less than they Gold Coast did after a similar period, they were also able to take a kid who should have been in pick 1 conversations if he was available to the pool.

Honestly if we had Jed Walter on the list instead of Duursma we’d look a lot more balanced. It would address a hole. This isn’t a slight on Duursma BTW.

I don't know tbh. But I assume it's easier getting into a car and travelling to say a Werribee. Than it is using same vehicle and then a plane and then accommodation etc.
Helps when Carlton can blow $500k on a scouting trip to Ireland and we'd be luck to pay scouts in Tas a couple of jars after the game.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Well I feel for the Swan who have only been in Sydney 40 years. I think they lost rights to the Riverina which of course is chockers full of them immigrants. Them folk had never seen a footy on the Murray until those pesky Swans turned up.

It's a complete farce amd I'm at the stage that once the Tiger from Tassie enters the comp I may well lose the last bit of interest I have.
It's hardly enjoyable now tbh. And that isn't just because we can't win.

Oh well

Well I feel for the Swan who have only been in Sydney 40 years. I think they lost rights to the Riverina which of course is chockers full of them immigrants. Them folk had never seen a footy on the Murray until those pesky Swans turned up.

It's a complete farce amd I'm at the stage that once the Tiger from Tassie enters the comp I may well lose the last bit of interest I have.
It's hardly enjoyable now tbh. And that isn't just because we can't win.

Oh well
Had a Swan supporter recently tell me it wasn't right that North receive so much AFL assistance....

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back