Preview Changes and pre match discussion v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

I heard he was the one on the grassy knoll
And President Kennedy, up until his retirement was the longest serving president in US history. The biggest disruption to his career was the flat tire his car suffered as his motorcade was fired upon from the book depository resulting in a puncture when a stray bullet ricocheted off a nearby traffic sign.

FFS Howe?

I'm pretty dead inside after this season but this still manages to make me angry.
He offers nothing beneficial to the team

It’s such a waste, play the kids kids Perez, archer, Bergman etc over Howe in his spot

It’s a surprise still after hawks delisted him that he managed to get another list spot yet alone play a game

Been thinking about the 22 this week and they reality is even our best 22 on the list isn't that good. Logue, Zurhaar, Wardlaw are the big outs and then you have Stephenson, Shiels injured and Archer and Bergman can't even make the side this week. Its the clear reason why were 17th.

BEST 22 ON THE LIST
B: Archer McKay Corr
HB: Goater Logue Bergman
C: Ford LDU Scott
HF: Thomas Comben Stephenson
F: Zurhaar Larkey Curtis
R: Goldstein Wardlaw Sheezel
I: Simpkin Phillips George Shiels
S: Powell
E: Tucker Greenwood McDonald

Now look at the liabilities we have in the side this week

22 PICKED VS RICHMOND
B: Howe McKay Corr
HB: Goater McDonald Ziebell
C: Ford LDU Scott
HF: Thomas Xerri Simpkin
F: Taylor Larkey Curtis
R: Goldstein Greenwood Sheezel
I: Phillips Powell Tucker Turner
E: Archer Perez Lazzaro Drury

Howe, McDonald, Ziebell, Xerri, Taylor, Turner.
These 6 wouldn't start at Collingwood this week. Richmond probably wouldn't pick them.

Just bring on the off season and the delistings and lets get stuck into the draft.
And of your 'best 22' McKay and Logue won't be there next year, Comben is a huge ?, Goldie is turning 50 and TT who knows.

And of your 'best 22' McKay and Logue won't be there next year, Comben is a huge ?, Goldie is turning 50 and TT who knows.
I’m coming round to the Comben to CHB what with McKay leaving and Logue without a leg.

This of course leaves a gaping hole at CHF that CCJ/Xerri simply can’t fill because they’re no good.

McKay gone.
Logue missing most of 2024.
Comben unproven but so vital to structure.
Goldi 35 and slowing down and the best ruck on the list.

Our Key Position stocks are borderline negligible to be in this state. Again how people aren’t being fired for this mess both list management and development is deeply concerning.

McKay gone.

Our Key Position stocks are borderline negligible to be in this state. Again how people aren’t being fired for this mess both list management and development is deeply concerning.
It's a perfect storm of list management, drafting and player development incompetence.

Anyone involved in football decision making pre Clarkson/Viney should no longer be at the club come the start of '24 pre season.

McKay gone.

ENTER
JACOB
EDWARD

McKay gone.

The list management people have been sacked. It was Nobles decision to develop from the midfield out.

As far as Player development goes, yeah there's been some right let downs. But it's not their fault Chom's unlucky with injury, Logue does and ACL and Edwards is a complete dud. Xerri developed to become our number one ruck, gets injured and then goes backwards. CCJ had that one very good game where he looked like he was going to take the next step but then cops injury and concussion.

McKay gone.

I thought people were fired for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought people were fired for it.
There's 2 that have survived in Brady and Brown.
Brady has done some good and some really downright bad. Who knows if he survives under Viney and Clarko.
Brown has been under-resourced since he started but the reality is the standards at the club are so low and players will only do the bare minimums. Whether he hangs around or not is anyone's guess but 100% our issues are culture related and players doing just enough to get by and sadly its what Ziebell, Cunnington, McDonald do. The leaders were never fitness or footy fanatics and it shows in the way the younger guys adopt their lifestyle.

For the game, is there anyway to sit level 1 tomorrow just using a replacement game membership? or would i need to buy/upgrade a ticket?

For the game, is there anyway to sit level 1 tomorrow just using a replacement game membership? or would i need to buy/upgrade a ticket?

GENERAL ADMISSION SEATING AND CHEER SQUAD LOCATIONS​

General Admission seating areas will be published here 24 hours prior to the match.
Please note, GA areas are subject to change. Check back here for updates.
  • Q1-Q15 (Shane Warne Stand)
  • Q29-Q36 (Ponsford Stand)
  • Q49-Q55 (rows AA-MM) (Olympic Stand)
AFL Reserve
Please note, seating in the AFL Reserve is available to AFL members only.
  • M21-M26 (rows A-Z)
  • M27 (rows AA-OO) - no alcohol
  • Q15-Q17 (rows K-DD)
  • Q18-Q28

CHEER SQUAD AREAS
Richmond:
M3-M4 (rows A-K)
North Melbourne: M33 (rows A-L)

The list management people have been sacked. It was Nobles decision to develop from the midfield out.

As far as Player development goes, yeah there's been some right let downs. But it's not their fault Chom's unlucky with injury, Logue does and ACL and Edwards is a complete dud. Xerri developed to become our number one ruck, gets injured and then goes backwards. CCJ had that one very good game where he looked like he was going to take the next step but then cops injury and concussion.
He copped injury about six games after that one game.. using that as an out is absolutely hilarious. The guy is a putrid footballer and his record this season makes for horrific reading. Just not an AFL footballer. No need to be delusional
as a means to make excuses

Same with Xerri.. tries hard but he’s just not very good. Bad selection.

He copped injury about six games after that one game.. using that as an out is absolutely hilarious. The guy is a putrid footballer and his record this season makes for horrific reading. Just not an AFL footballer. No need to be delusional
as a means to make excuses

Same with Xerri.. tries hard but he’s just not very good. Bad selection.
Disagree. He’s yet to play 30 games, and he’s shown he’s got it. Development needs continuity. He may just be out of form.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back