Preview Changes and pre match discussion vs Gold Coast - thank f***ing Christ it's over

Remove this Banner Ad

I wish that the WC/Ade game was earlier so that we had the potential for the result not mattering.

If we win but then WC win it will be a roller-coaster of a weekend.

I won't be around for it. Missing my first game of the year to be camping in the hills. I won't know the results until Sunday arvo.

1367915261.jpg

1692869597071.png

s**t we might actually be trying to win this for real.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah this sucks. I can’t get my head around wanting to lose this week.

But we have to lose. It’s just one more game and we get the best kid to come through the draft in years.

Why should it be any different Rd 1, 7, 20, 23?

It’s a bit late to be hell bent this week to avoid the shame

Why should it be any different Rd 1, 7, 20, 23?

It’s a bit late to be hell bent this week to avoid the shame

The difference is at rd1 I had hope that we’d progress. Rd20 I knew we weren’t but didn’t think we could get below the Eagles, rd23 we are last and have the opportunity to take the clear best player (imo) in the draft for years.

Id take a draw tbh :thumbsu:
North, 1 points down, Curtis Taylor marks about 48 out on a sharp angle. He hit the ground hard and is struggling to regain his breath. He shapes to play on but the umpires had already called time off and was setting the angle for him to take a shot at goal. Just as he is about to take his shot the siren sounds.

A goal wins, a behind draws or a miss loses the game.

The man on the mark suddenly overstep the mark, giving away 50....

This is a very, very average team. Looks like one of those teams we will look back on in 5 years time and scratch our head as to how we ever put a side out that was so limited. In no particular order:
  • C Taylor
  • C Lazzaro
  • K Turner
  • K Dawson
  • F Perez
  • T Xerri

That's a 1/4 of our team made of genuine VFL players. Should be a decent whacking based on the respective sides picked.

I sincerely hope that one of the favourite whipping boys on this board, Charlie Lazzaro, gets a full game rather than being just a bench warmer and put on the field for a burst. I would like him to get into the rythym of the game, I believe that he could be a very good winger or play on the HFF.

North, 1 points down, Curtis Taylor marks about 48 out on a sharp angle. He hit the ground hard and is struggling to regain his breath. He shapes to play on but the umpires had already called time off and was setting the angle for him to take a shot at goal. Just as he is about to take his shot the siren sounds.

A goal wins, a behind draws or a miss loses the game.

The man on the mark suddenly overstep the mark, giving away 50....
Na. 3 points down, 25 meters out on the boundary and a free kick to Taylor for OOF. Taylor snaps, and looks like a goal but goal ump says it hit the post and doesn’t call for a review. Siren sounds and we lose. Replays show it was an actual goal so we take the moral victory and the entire league blows up that we get the number 1 pick cause of another umpiring blunder. Cornes and Damo would self combust.

I sincerely hope that one of the favourite whipping boys on this board, Charlie Lazzaro, gets a full game rather than being just a bench warmer and put on the field for a burst. I would like him to get into the rythym of the game, I believe that he could be a very good winger or play on the HFF.
I think he has the physical attributes to play wing, works his butt off, but it's the speed of his decision making at the top level that is holding him back. Could improve, but not sure if he will.

Na. 3 points down, 25 meters out on the boundary and a free kick to Taylor for OOF. Taylor snaps, and looks like a goal but goal ump says it hit the post and doesn’t call for a review. Siren sounds and we lose. Replays show it was an actual goal so we take the moral victory and the entire league blows up that we get the number 1 pick cause of another umpiring blunder. Cornes and Damo would self combust.
Make It So Star Trek GIF

I have a bad feeling this will be a convincing win. Suns hate playing away especially in Tassie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back