Preview Changes and pre match discussion v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Archer looked below the level last week tbf, pretty shaky at times and ineffectual at others
Yeah I feel like he's getting the shiny new toy treatment around here on effort alone.

“In 1998, Baz and Pilko kept talking about how old-time football was gone and that the game was changing. To help bring the ‘fun’ back, they wanted a player in a game to do a forwards roll – to kick a goal or something on the field and then do a somersault … in the ‘98’ GF, Peter Vardy did it.

“The initiative was that every week the ‘challenge’ didn’t go off on, the prize got bigger. In 1999, Baz and Pilko wanted someone to do a drop kick. Matthew Liptak and I both grew up around Glenelg and played at the Bays together. We were both retiring at the end of ‘99’ along with David Pittman, but he was injured and didn’t play. ‘Lippy’ and I said, ‘how about we get together and if we do it we’ll split the prize and have a bit of fun with it?’

Bazz and Pilko. A team I haven’t thought of for years.
Now I’ll have to remove Bite your Bum or Day Trip to Victor from my head. If you know, you know.

On topic - Howe? Seriously!

Baffled as to the treatment of Bergman. Been out for ages and now, with roughly a third of the 22 falling under the 'questionable disposal' umbrella, he's not even in the emergencies. Turnover numbers this week will be breathtaking
This is a really good point, he’s been out of best 22 for so long now I’d actually forgotten he’s available for selection. To go from an automatic selection early in the year to nowhere near it is baffling.

This is a really good point, he’s been out of best 22 for so long now I’d actually forgotten he’s available for selection. To go from an automatic selection early in the year to nowhere near it is baffling.
I’m guessing he’s a keeper for next season, this season is toast use the games to assess other players and whether we burn them at seasons end or keep ‘em.

Howe
Turner
Taylor
Curtis

And a few others

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been thinking about the 22 this week and they reality is even our best 22 on the list isn't that good. Logue, Zurhaar, Wardlaw are the big outs and then you have Stephenson, Shiels injured and Archer and Bergman can't even make the side this week. Its the clear reason why were 17th.

BEST 22 ON THE LIST
B: Archer McKay Corr
HB: Goater Logue Bergman
C: Ford LDU Scott
HF: Thomas Comben Stephenson
F: Zurhaar Larkey Curtis
R: Goldstein Wardlaw Sheezel
I: Simpkin Phillips George Shiels
S: Powell
E: Tucker Greenwood McDonald

Now look at the liabilities we have in the side this week

22 PICKED VS RICHMOND
B: Howe McKay Corr
HB: Goater McDonald Ziebell
HF: Thomas Xerri Simpkin
F: Taylor Larkey Curtis
R: Goldstein Greenwood Sheezel
I: Phillips Powell Tucker Turner
E: Archer Perez Lazzaro Drury

Howe, McDonald, Ziebell, Xerri, Taylor, Turner.
These 6 wouldn't start at Collingwood this week. Richmond probably wouldn't pick them.

Just bring on the off season and the delistings and lets get stuck into the draft.

I’m guessing he’s a keeper for next season, this season is toast use the games to assess other players and whether we burn them at seasons end or keep ‘em.

Howe
Turner
Taylor
Curtis

And a few others
I get where you’re coming from but do we really need to assess Turner we know exactly what he does / doesn’t deliver. Howe isn’t much different.

Been thinking about the 22 this week and they reality is even our best 22 on the list isn't that good. Logue, Zurhaar, Wardlaw are the big outs and then you have Stephenson, Shiels injured and Archer and Bergman can't even make the side this week. Its the clear reason why were 17th.

BEST 22 ON THE LIST
B: Archer McKay Corr
HB: Goater Logue Bergman
HF: Thomas Comben Stephenson
F: Zurhaar Larkey Curtis
R: Goldstein Wardlaw Sheezel
I: Simpkin Phillips George Shiels
S: Powell
E: Tucker Greenwood McDonald

Now look at the liabilities we have in the side this week

22 PICKED VS RICHMOND
B: Howe McKay Corr
HB: Goater McDonald Ziebell
HF: Thomas Xerri Simpkin
F: Taylor Larkey Curtis
R: Goldstein Greenwood Sheezel
I: Phillips Powell Tucker Turner
E: Archer Perez Lazzaro Drury

Howe, McDonald, Ziebell, Xerri, Taylor, Turner.
These 6 wouldn't start at Collingwood this week. Richmond probably wouldn't pick them.

Just bring on the off season and the delistings and lets get stuck into the draft.
McDonald a liability or just your whipping boy? What lie are you going to make up this week about him?

Sensing a bit of an Archer cover up here.

• Head clash.
  • Reported to be stumbling while coming off the ground.
  • Somehow passes the concussion test.
  • Comes back on for a brief time.
  • Subbed out shortly after.
  • Not mentioned in the weekly medical update video.
  • Listed as "omitted".

Nothing to see here...

He’s not strong enough for the position. Needs a big summer in the gym

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back