Robbo reporting Essendon to appeal

Remove this Banner Ad

What percentage of Essendon members is required to call an EGM?

At Brisbane it was 5 percent and we got that easily when Lethal put his hand up for the board.

There must be 5 percent of Essendon members tired enough of this "all-in" mentality by Little and his faction. Time for a spill I reckon. Little is going full kamikaze unless he is stopped.

He's like an eBay addict who has bid well past his spending limit and is now bidding $500 on a $200 item because now he just wants to beat the other guy who keeps outbidding him.

Sounds like their insurers aren't going to underwrite any more legal action either.

The funny thing is, the AFL have all the clubs' backs in regards to debt, so ironically, the cost of Essendon's legal action, part of which is aimed at the AFL, will ultimately be financially underwritten by the AFL. It's a bizarre situation.
The AFL might very well be wanting them to appeal. It's in the AFLs interests for the players to avoid sanction.

Will we be spared the theatrics of the initial hearing where Hirds counsel asked inconsequential questions about how Hird felt he had been wronged? Rather than actual case law to back up whatever contention he was making?

I thought it was "for the players". How do they benefit?

What percentage of Essendon members is required to call an EGM?

At Brisbane it was 5 percent and we got that easily when Lethal put his hand up for the board.

There must be 5 percent of Essendon members tired enough of this "all-in" mentality by Little and his faction. Time for a spill I reckon. Little is going full kamikaze unless he is stopped.

He's like an eBay addict who has bid well past his spending limit and is now bidding $500 on a $200 item because now he just wants to beat the other guy who keeps outbidding him.

From the Essendon constitution...
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/static...don/Images/EssendonFC-Constitution-Dec-11.pdf

Section 39 deals with requests by the members to call a general meeting.

39.4 If the Board does not call a general meeting within 21 days after the
request is given to the Club, Eligible Members with more than 50% of
the votes of all Eligible Members who make a request under Clause
39.1 may call and arrange to hold the general meeting but any general
meeting must be held not later than 3 months after the request is
given to the Club.

Good luck getting 50% of the members.

Wouldn't they be appealing the court costs as outlined by Middleman in his summary :$ lol

Sounds like their insurers aren't going to underwrite any more legal action either.

The funny thing is, the AFL have all the clubs' backs in regards to debt, so ironically, the cost of Essendon's legal action, part of which is aimed at the AFL, will ultimately be financially underwritten by the AFL. It's a bizarre situation.

Im not so sure that the Clubs would sit still for that.

images

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm trying to think of one intelligent rational decision anyone at essendon has made since they employed dank and am drawing blanks.

On current form it is absolutely no surprise that they would take the advice of lawyers that they have strong grounds to appeal. The same lawyers who just saw their very strong case emphatically dismissed

I'm trying to think of one intelligent rational decision anyone at essendon has made since they employed dank and am drawing blanks.

On current form it is absolutely no surprise that they would take the advice of lawyers that they have strong grounds to appeal. The same lawyers who just saw their very strong case emphatically dismissed
And are on the blower booking holidays and looking for new investment properties. Happy days!!!

This is just sheer hubris now. If I was a sportsman from an Olympic type sport I would be furious about this whole thing, from the Cronulla penalties to the Essendon grandstanding. If they get caught or even a miss a test they are usually banned, no questions asked with little recourse an appeal. The double standard on display here are quite breathtaking.

Seriously when are ESS supporters going to get down to their Head quarters and demand these twits nick off..... I am confident in saying that if this had of happened at Punt road the place would have been burnt down by now. How much more mud can they get to stick? What a disgrace.

Or at least buried entirely in manure.

Seriously though, how much longer can Essendon be allowed to drag the game through the mud? Enough is enough.

Middleton was very through in his finding it will interesting on what grounds they think they can appeal if in fact they do. Can't appeal just because you don't like the ruling

Seriously when are ESS supporters going to get down to their Head quarters and demand these twits nick off..... I am confident in saying that if this had of happened at Punt road the place would have been burnt down by now. How much more mud can they get to stick? What a disgrace.
Haha! Some were going to burn down Punt Road over recruiting Hampson!;):D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back