List Mgmt. AFC - 2014 Drafting and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get where you are coming from but I dont agree 100%. If Gorringe wants to play the occassional game when some one is injured yeah he would be better off at Adelaide but I imagine he is aspiring to become a regular best 22 player. To play regular AFL footy at Adelaide he would either needs to improve his ruck work to a point where it is better than Jacobs' or kick 30-35 goals a year as a forward/ruck. Although he might currently be 4th in line at Port he would only need to improve to Lobbes level to be the number 1 ruckman, which would be a lot easier than competing with Jacobs who is just about the best ruckman in the game

Another component to this is that Gorringe has had an injury interrupted year. After Port's success turning Polec from lame duck into reaching potential maybe the lure is their fitness program?

Anyone have any thoughts on Daniel Merrett as an option as a replacement at full back?

I thought he looked like a great option until I realised he is 29.

Don't think there is a point in bringing anyone over the age of 26 - 27 until we are on the verge of winning a premiership.

I think we will rise next year , but would rather see younger players getting games so that we can hopefully find a long term KPD by 2016.

By then I think we should be pushing for top 4.

Not only that but elevated Nutta to the senior list only to delist him 12 months later, and also the brilliant move of delisting Joyce because of tippettgate and had to pay him out 12 months left on his contract, to then redraft him to again delist him 12 months later. Master stroke that.
Incorrect. A delistee isn't paid out the remainder of the contract if recontracted in the PSD. This was clearly established when it happened. Now you are perpetuating bullshit.

I thought he looked like a great option until I realised he is 29.

Don't think there is a point in bringing anyone over the age of 26 - 27 until we are on the verge of winning a premiership.

I think we will rise next year , but would rather see younger players getting games so that we can hopefully find a long term KPD by 2016.

By then I think we should be pushing for top 4.

Absolutely agree... Anyone over the age of 28 should be a no go for us.

Real Challenge for the coach is getting this team primed to try and win a flag in 2017. Should be aiming for finals in 2015, top 4 in 2016, Flag in 2017.

Hope we pick up Jeffy Garlett. 100 games of elite pace doesn't often come cheap. Worth a roll of the dice and try him out on a wing.

Speaking of wings, I think he could turn it around nicely under Eddie's given a change of scenery and a chance to re-focus. At the very least he would make MacKay earn his spot.

Hope we pick up Jeffy Garlett. 100 games of elite pace doesn't often come cheap. Worth a roll of the dice and try him out on a wing.

Speaking of wings, I think he could turn it around nicely under Eddie's given a change of scenery and a chance to re-focus. At the very least he would make MacKay earn his spot.

Absolutely. Especially since he would come cheap.

He addresses a very big need - elite pace and good footskills. Wouldn't cost much. High reward, low risk.

Definitely should be looking at Garlett IMO. I think he and Schoenmakers are good low end targets. Schoey has his faults, but he's still relatively young, and we aren't exactly flush for key defenders at the moment.

Absolutely. 23 years old - 90 games to his name. One of those players that is often maligned - but is actually pretty effective as a defender. Similar to Zac Dawson IMO.

People forget he played 25 games in 2012 for the Hawks - then was injured for all of 2013.

He was forced out of the side by Lake/Gibson which is no disgrace.

You would think that Hawthorn would be keen to keep him - that is unless they get Frawley from Melbourne.

How about having a crack at trading in Ryan Griffen? Sounds like there is an unhappy kennel and some players may want out. Would be worth sussing out. Yes he is 28, but that may make him attainable for some young talent and our 1st rounder. He can certainly fill the outside run and carry role we are crying out for, as well as experience and on field leadership.

We have pursued Ryan Griffen three times, and each time he has given us a flat no before we even had a chance to roll our pitch out. Too late for him now.

look at what hawthorn did with croad traded him to freo for pick 1 and 2 other those picks got them luke hodge and sam mitchell u trade your stars if u have your eye or some huge fish that are worth the risk
Then they got croad back for 2008 gf. Shrewd stuff I tells ya!

Thoughts on some one like Shoenmakers?

Struggling to hold his spot with hawks & is still young. We need another key defender

Not a fan of him as a Key Defender, just lacks any sort of natural defending ability and becomes a liability in big games.

If we were recruiting him as a half forward, then I would have no problem with it, although not exactly a "need" for us at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha. He was a player Rendell said would never play for the Crows.
That's because he's a spud, although if i recall he does quite like Adelaide considering it appeared he tried his hardest to get us over the line in the 2012 PF. I think if we're going for Schoenmakers we should definitely have a crack at Zac Dawson so we can have a pigeon pair down back. …and I thought the club wanted to move forward.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back