List Mgmt. AFC - 2014 Drafting and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slight difference between Sloane and Johncock was that both had cemented their places in our team within two years of being drafted.

Lyons is coming into his fifth year on our list...

Glad all you guys aren't our list manager.

We just sacked the coach who refused to play our most dominant SANFL player.

Righto folks I think it's time to get some parameters down for what people consider a successful trade period.
No doubt some are ready to pounce with overly negative, or positive, comments.
So what would hit the mark as a good trade period?

For me:
Backup ruck
Kpd or outdide mid week would be a chance to crack our best 22

Jezza and extra first round picks would be a massive success.

So much rests on Nobes...No Senior Coach or Senior Assistant going into trade week, assistant coaches still here, no list manager, no new delistings...its just crickets at the moment and its driving me spare!!!!!!!!!!!

We need for a pass mark for trading week.

Back up ruck...another ruck rookied. Baulderstone would do fine for rookie or late draft pick. This has to be the main thing to do. If Sauce went down....just not worth thinking about.
A KKP back or another tall defender...Otten won't be back next season and maybe not ever, Hartigan is developing, Shaw is ?? and so is Thompson. Chances of getting someone...if Schoenmakers is our best option we are in trouble.
Outside speed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This could come about from a change in the way we use Danger and Mackay. Hopefully we can snag someone and the best young outside mid we can lay our mitts on. No more inside mids!

All the other speculation is just hot air atm...some names out there that with the right environment could be great pick ups, but once again nothing but crickets...I take this as a good thing. The new AFC of doing things. Keep cards close to our chests then WHAMMO! (Can dream). If we could somehow garner another first round pick that would be awesome as long as it didn't involve stupidly trading Danger for magic beans.

Want to see some dead wood cut this trade period. Move on the non tacklers, poor foot disposalers and bad decision makers, players that have been overtaken by others.

This trade period looms as the biggest and most important for the club if they want to yank the flag window open.

Fagan/Nobes/Roo make it so.

What pick was Sloane?

Trade him for pick 10?

Sloaney is a 100 game player who has won a club best & fairest. His draft position is completely irrelevant.

IMO - Lyons draft position is still relevant. We just havent seen enough of him at AFL level for it to be disregarded. He has only played 22 games and was a substitute in 9 of them.

I still think it will best for all parties if he leaves. We have Danger, Crouch, Thompson, Crouch Jnr, Kerridge all as inside midfielders. We really only have Douglas, Sloane, Grigg as two way midfielders. (you could also swap Grigg/Kerridge).

I just think all of the players listed above are better footballers than Lyons. We need a speedy outside seagull. Its something we are absolutely crying out for. Getting a player like that will make a remarkable change to the way we play football. Having a Pearce/Polec/hill type player would be brilliant. Its exactly what Mackay should be for us.

I just think all of the players listed above are better footballers than Lyons.

From the games I have seen this year, I wonder if Lyons has been given a descent shot at AFL level at our Club because of Sando, a new coach may view this differently. I guess also it depends on what type of compensation we may get for him.

I actually do believe, Lyons will be a good above average player.

We need to absolutely nail this trade week and draft given our last two years of sanctions, and it's going to be very hard to do without a coach and a specific gameplan to recruit for. :(

From the games I have seen this year, I wonder if Lyons has been given a descent shot at AFL level at our Club because of Sando, a new coach may view this differently. I guess also it depends on what type of compensation we may get for him.

I actually do believe, Lyons will be a good above average player.

I am not knocking Lyons. I think he can be a decent AFL footballer. The issue is that we just have a bunch of inside midfielders on our list who are better footballers. Why keep a player who is surplus to our list management needs - when we could trade him for a pick inside the top 30 where we could try and address other needs.

We need to absolutely nail this trade week and draft given our last two years of sanctions, and it's going to be very hard to do without a coach and a specific gameplan to recruit for. :(

How can a decent player have any faith in a Club where he nor the Club know who the coach is going to be in 2015?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Outside speed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This could come about from a change in the way we use Danger and Mackay. Hopefully we can snag someone and the best young outside mid we can lay our mitts on. No more inside mids!
Would love to see us play danger on a wing. I could even live with putting Lyons in the guts (if we keep him) to release danger to the wing.

I am not knocking Lyons. I think he can be a decent AFL footballer. The issue is that we just have a bunch of inside midfielders on our list who are better footballers. Why keep a player who is surplus to our list management needs - when we could trade him for a pick inside the top 30 where we could try and address other needs.
This is perfectly put. Lyons will be serviceable in a team that needs him. We don't. We need KPDs.

Absolutely spot on. I was glowing in my praise of the club when we sacked Sando. Thought here we go, we have someone lined up and a clear plan.

Was expecting a solid coach to be announced Tuesday/Wednesday - with a couple of new assistants. Thought we would be very aggressive in trade week.

What its looking like now is that we have just decided to Sack Sando in a bit of a knee jerk reaction,

No, I know you are not knocking him and your right getting a pick inside 30 is fine for the "gamble", but I hope the Crows weigh out all the scenario's and alternatives before committing to this deal. Getting a say pick 20s something means it will be about 2 before the kid can be effective at AFL level.

Thompson may be in possibly his last year could play a good forward pocket role in his last days, Douglas's form if it were to continue in 2015 would be a worry as well.

Absolutely spot on. I was glowing in my praise of the club when we sacked Sando. Thought here we go, we have someone lined up and a clear plan.

Was expecting a solid coach to be announced Tuesday/Wednesday - with a couple of new assistants. Thought we would be very aggressive in trade week.

What its looking like now is that we have just decided to Sack Sando in a bit of a knee jerk reaction,

Agreed. I am kinda panicking as a fan that 2015 will be yet another waster year, with the line of "it took time for the coach to get into his element".

No, I know you are not knocking him and your right getting a pick inside 30 is fine for the "gamble", but I hope the Crows weigh out all the scenario's and alternatives before committing to this deal. Getting a say pick 20s something means it will be about 2 before the kid can be effective at AFL level.

Thompson may be in possibly his last year could play a good forward pocket role in his last days, Douglas's form if it were to continue in 2015 would be a worry as well.
This guy is the big question for me. Is it that Sando lost him? Can he return to 2010/2013 form?

This guy is the big question for me. Is it that Sando lost him? Can he return to 2010/2013 form?

He looked pretty good till he busted a nut.

We seriously had some pretty weird injuries that affected our prep for 2014. Douglas busted a testicle, VB snapped his achillies on a sled, Lynch came back from a hammy to hurting his shoulder to dislocating his jaw to fracturing his neck.

The jungle drums are getting louder about Paddy leaving. Its hard to imagine there is this much smoke without a fire.
Paddy did say "its up to Adelaide if they want to trade me". Thats not something a guy who loves the club and wants to stay says.

Paddy said he loves the club and wants to stay here. Manager said similar. The stuff about the trading was completely blown out proportion following a loaded question being asked of Roo. Pretty much the only thing to come out of the AFC lately is people saying how confident they're in keeping all 3 of Sloane Danger and Tex.

He looked pretty good till he busted a nut.

We seriously had some pretty weird injuries that affected our prep for 2014. Douglas busted a testicle, VB snapped his achillies on a sled, Lynch came back from a hammy to hurting his shoulder to dislocating his jaw to fracturing his neck.

Yep you stole my thunder.

With the stupid injury he had, I am sure it affected his confidence this year. Lets not forget he wore a ball protector during games this year, while it is something you get used to, you are consciously aware of it and possibly served as a reminder of the injury. Well at least I was when I entered TKD tournaments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back