2015 Trade and Free Agency Suggestions

Remove this Banner Ad

There are a fair number of clubs desperate for a KPF star with lots of cap space. Hawkins, Walker, Dixon, Cameron, and Carlisle are all out of contract at the end of next year and will receive huge offers from rival clubs including my club the Lions.

There are a fair number of clubs desperate for a KPF star with lots of cap space. Hawkins, Walker, Dixon, Cameron, and Carlisle are all out of contract at the end of next year and will receive huge offers from rival clubs including my club the Lions.
Who is the Lions main KPF's? No Brown or Lisle. I am interested to find out who it is that will be leading the lions down forward!:confused:

Would love west coast to throw an offer that coniglio couldn't refuse something like 500-600k PA

Merrett? I thought he was always in defence! You don't have a good tall forward but those players might step up with the absence of Brown! hopefully anyway.
Close, Freeman and McStay are all young - like 19 - so there is plenty of time to develop them. But I'd be surprised if we didn't sound out Taylor Walker in the off-season.

Merrett, like Frawley, does a serviceable job up forward, but we'd prefer to have him back

Theres a couple of guys that i think the Dockers will really open the cheque book for. (unless they plan to sit tight and wait for Jesse Hogan)

Taylor Walker
Matthew Luenberger
Matthew Kruezer
Tom Hawkins
Alex Rance

Not sure which one, but i expect we will go hard for one of Walker, Hawkins or Rance.

From a contractual perspective we have a large number of players that are uncontracted at this very early point in time;

Kurt Aylett
Mark Baguley
Tom Bellchambers (restricted free agent)
Alex Browne
Jake Carlisle
Paul Chapman
Travis Colyer
Lauchlan Dalgleish
Joe Daniher
Courtney Dempsey
Orazio Fantasia
Dustin Fletcher
James Gwilt
Will Hams
Dyson Heppell
Elliott Kavanagh
Jake Melksham
Jackson Merrett
Zach Merrett
Nick O'Brien
Tayte Pears
Brent Stanton (unrestricted free agent)

Will be some very disappointed people with some tough deli stings going to happen this time next year.

Should try get Leuenberger imo.

Chapman and Fletcher retire.

Let Stanton go.

Guys like Aylett, Baguley, Browne, Colyer, Dalgleish, Fantasia, Hams (signed), Kavanagh, Melksham, Jackson Merrett, O'Brien won't command much or too much improved offers.

Leaves Heppell, Carlisle, Bellchambers, Daniher and Zach Merrett on that list. Those guys might take up the Chapman and Fletcher money pretty quickly (Heppell and Daniher due for big raises), so you might struggle for room, but 'Berger would be a worthwhile target to compliment your midfield. Is a better ruck than Belly, but Belly might work better with Giles as forward/ruck combo...

Why would no one target Grey?

The Dee's will just keep shovelling money into a wheelbarrow until Dangerfield says to stop.

Danger will be the highest paid player in the AFL next year.

The Shaw's say Hi. And so does Waite!
Ill add in Josh Kennedy. Not only a father son, but his father was a father son.
3 Generation hawk blood running through his veins and now a Swan superstar

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If jezza wants to come back to Vic and nominates Pies I would offer 1st round pick (N.Brown or B Reid NSW boy) & Witts we have good dept of defensive talls and four rucks on our list, so would sacrifice
Witts being a NSW boy.

Mate Reid isn't from NSW. His home town Wangaratta is about an hour or so from Melbourne

I didn't know that. I played basketball against him and his brother who played for wang and was always told they were locals

Played for the team that plays out of the ground they used for NAB Cup game this season. But he grew up in Bright, not too far from Wang.

Trent would cost too much, would rather lower the eyes for a Dion Prestia type.
Hawthorn don't really have anything to offer GC that they'd be willing to take for Prestia, and that Hawthorn would be willing to give up. Your first rounder will be near 20 again.

Expecting the Lions to throw a massive offer at Walker. Still have tons of money to throw at a big name KPF. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to see Walker leave for Brisbane at the end of the year. Realistically the only KPF target we are any chance at getting as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back