No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect plenty are more interested in whether we're found guilty than whether we are guilty.

This is exactly what I have observed over this period. From talking to you guys on here, I think most of you are happy to cop a ban if banned substances were taken (although obviously the culpability of your players is limited given it appears they were duped) but I don't see this balance being applied by most posters from other clubs. The game is to ban Essendon and it appears that many people do not understand the wider implications that will darken this game for many years.

funny-gifs-wtf_medium_zpsabf5509b.gif

McDense can roadshow the * out of this thing and it won't make one iota of difference. They haven't got s**t and he'll be McDolequeue before the year is out.

This is exactly what I have observed over this period. From talking to you guys on here, I think most of you are happy to cop a ban if banned substances were taken (although obviously the culpability of your players is limited given it appears they were duped) but I don't see this balance being applied by most posters from other clubs. The game is to ban Essendon and it appears that many people do not understand the wider implications that will darken this game for many years.
I like, but too late unfortunately.

forget the tone - but why exactly does the 'process' need to be adhered to for the ADRVP exactly?

All the ADRVP does is:

The ADRVP reviews ASADA’s processes and all relevant evidence in a matter and makes decisions as to whether to enter an athlete or support person’s details onto the Register of Findings if it believes that a person has possibly committed an ADRV

Arent the players saying we will put ourselves on the ROF - AFL, give us our day in 'court'? what is the point of the process? Or, does ASADA have to have its own investigation 'reviewed' by the ADRVP? I guess it can theoretically fail here - yea right!

Word on the street is the AFL and ASADA's relationship is toxic. I think ASADA is a very frustrated body who probably thinks the AFL will never find us guilty - and their quest for a deal is failing miserably.

I'm not sure how this can be the case. ASADA delivered show cause notices then AFTER that the legal battle was launched.

Unless I'm mistaken this is an out and out lie.
Not only that, if ASADA truly do concern themselves primarily with the welfare of the players they would have issued the SCNs as soon as they could in order to get to the truth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure how this can be the case. ASADA delivered show cause notices then AFTER that the legal battle was launched.

Unless I'm mistaken this is an out and out lie.

Spot on. ""It was appropriate for ASADA to delay the delivery of evidence in these matters until a judgment was handed down" even though said action had not commenced when the initial SCN's were delivered.

but but but.........

As I said, ASADA will drag their feet. They don't want this dealt with in the off-season where there is no pressure on players to take deals. They will make sure this drags out into Feb/March next year.. so that players are forced to take a deal or they will sit out in a 'provisional' suspension anyway.

How the * this is legal is beyond me.. again we have the head of ASADA basically stating the players are guilty, the club is guilty even though not one shred of evidence has been tested in a meaningful manner yet.

Disgusted.

As I said, ASADA will drag their feet. They don't want this dealt with in the off-season where there is no pressure on players to take deals. They will make sure this drags out into Feb/March next year.. so that players are forced to take a deal or they will sit out in a 'provisional' suspension anyway.

How the * this is legal is beyond me.. again we have the head of ASADA basically stating the players are guilty, the club is guilty even though not one shred of evidence has been tested in a meaningful manner yet.

Disgusted.
Given that they have issued the players with the 'evidence', it's safe to say that ASADA has all the 'proof' they need. As well, the players' lawyers have requested the matter be responded to by going to the ADRVP within seven days. So the onus of proof is on ASADA, who have apparently provided the proof.

Blind Freddie can see that there is no moral, legal or ethical reason for them to drag out the issue at all. Go to the ADRVP and provide the evidence.
If it is dragged out now it may be because of the AFL's own bureaucratic nonsense.

Is it just me or does it seem stupid for them to come out and say we will follow process given they gave NRL players discounts because of their own delays in process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back