News Rodney Eade confirmed as GC coach (see p10)

Remove this Banner Ad

Whoa, whoa settle down. Worsfold is one of the most over-rated players and coaches of all time. I could have coached WC better than him and with a decent coach they should have won way more than a single flag (by a point if memory serves me correctly) during his time. WC had talent to burn and massively underacheived.

But we were discussing Football Directors/Heads not coaches.

Where would a Football Director come from do you think? Maybe from a senior experienced coach?

Maybe you could fill the role given you are a better coach than Worsfold.

Chris Pelchan wouldn't be a bad appointment.

I thought that Eade came out earlier in the week and say that he did not want to coach again and he wanted to stay at the Pies.
I don't think Eades roll at the Pies has anything to do with coaching now anyway??
I could be wrong though.
$$$ seems to be the pull from us to QLD

Is it just me or Eade has done nothing good in his time at the club?

Maybe just me!

There's something not quite right with him.
He seems to leave in unusual circumstances, did it at Hawks and now Saints

Had too much control at St. Kilda but he is a good operator.

We need a head of football, not necessarily an ex-coach. To be frank, Geoff Walsh and Greg Swann are the only other others I can name, and they aren't ex coaches. So we don't don't need Bomber, Woosha, Vossy or anyone else in the roll. We need someone with a background in football and business. Hows about we offer a tasty salary package to James Clement? I have no idea what he's doing with himself these days, but I know he's an astute businessman.

It's very difficult to convince an "astute businessman" to become a salaried employee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where do I apply :)

Which AFL teams did Geoff Walsh and Greg Swann coach ???

Speaking of Pelchen ;) .................Watters was always highly regarded during his time at Collingwood wasn't he? Not sure how he'd go in the role but seeing as we're looking at ex coaches.

A notorious hater of Collingwood before he got the gig. He has no qualifications for the role he holds at Collingwood currently, while there are thousands of people out there who have degrees and masters in strongly related courses to what the role requires.

Even better there are people who have been involved at AFL clubs and have better qualifications for this role. I really don't know why we kept Eade once he was told the coaching director role didn't exist anymore.

Don't know what he has done at Collingwood to say he did a great job. He was suppose to help Buckley in his first two seasons, result wise he hasn't done a thing. I was against it when he came and I couldn't be more for him leaving.

Please take him GC!
Exactly. All these Eade lovers crawling out of the woodwork have been silent in their love for him until now. All of a sudden they're praising his contributions to the club. What the * has he done that deserves these belated accolades?

Exactly. All these Eade lovers crawling out of the woodwork have been silent in their love for him until now. All of a sudden they're praising his contributions to the club. What the **** has he done that deserves these belated accolades?

Please enlighten me. What has he not done that you expected him too do? In what way has he failed?

Personally I think it'd be good to look further afield than the AFL.

The job description for Director of football would be pretty much the same for any sport: keeping highly paid egos in check, making sure folks who kick a pigskin around for a living make some attempt at being professional, talk the coaching staff off the ledge, etc, etc

Find an English soccer 2nd division manager (or even higher if we can afford it) who wants a lifestyle change for their family to live 'down under' for a few years ... that shouldn't be difficult.

hotgifs374.gif

Please enlighten me. What has he not done that you expected him too do? In what way has he failed?
I put it back on you to tell me what he has done. We finished 11th didn't we? I expected to do better under the mentorship of Eade. But please, tell me of the successes and innovations he has engineered in our football department.

Neither really float my boat, was it Laidley though that everybody raved about as having one of the best footy brains in the business?

What about Guy McKenna - would take Bluey back in?
Or Bomber Thompson. I know he's could be a pretty terrible bloke but allegedly he is very good on the strategies and he can't do too much damage as director of football.

I will answer. He was meant to be our coaching director. Help a rookie coach in Bucks!

However i have seen him once come out in defence of Bucks.

Maybe that is not his job but it appears to me he has done nothing.

It's pretty simple. We have to scapegoat somebody for last season and if we can't get Eade then the next logical target (now that Lappin has left) is Buckley and nobody wants to go after the clubs best goat player

I love when people start debating roles they have no ideas about. I mean lets be honest, we have a vague idea what is required to be a player at the highest level, we have a vague idea about who is potentially a good coach, but as what makes a good "Head of Football" I'd love to see a compelling argument filled with facts about why Worsfold is the shittest person ever for the job, why Eade is a huge loss or why some people think its good to see the back of him, and also why people are even saying Pelchan when the last two clubs hes left have been at the bottom of the ladder under his regime?

Also seems strange that the 3 people that have previously done the role at the club (Balme, Swann and Walsh) who are highly regarded in the media/football circus are 3 of the best operators in the league are no longer at our club. Maybe we just don't know a good one when we see it.

Whoa, whoa settle down. Worsfold is one of the most over-rated players and coaches of all time. I could have coached WC better than him and with a decent coach they should have won way more than a single flag (by a point if memory serves me correctly) during his time. WC had talent to burn and massively underacheived.

But we were discussing Football Directors/Heads not coaches.
Without the midfield that WC team was rubbish and he did a pretty good job rebuilding to get back to the top 4 in 2011. 5 years from a premiership to a complete rebuild is pretty good going.

He's also a chemist which means he's pretty scientific, certainly moreso than Eade who is probably a teacher or a boom gate operater or something like that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back