Opinion Speculation over - Eade Coach

Who will be our next Coach?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
"......when Bolton was coaching most of their senior list was out with injury so he was really coaching a shell of the hawks side that ended up winning the premiership. Also, when you look at the clubs assistants if he is rated higher than a lot of the other assistants they have he must be very good at what he does, after all, he has done a fair apprenticeship under Clarkson......"

Read more: http://thecrowd.foxsports.com.au/t5/AFL/Brendon-Bolton-deserves-senior-coaching-role/td-p/36189#ixzz3Gvh1dFK2
12 of their best 22 were out injured? I don't think so.

12 of their best 22 were out injured? I don't think so.
I didn't read where he said 12 senior players were out. But it would be interesting to compare the sides Bolton had to work with, compared to the GF winning side...

Eade has an impressive resumé. I like Bolton, but would be extremely happy with Eade. Would still like Bolton in the club.

KB has little credibility in his takes and always gets them wrong. FWIW Eade is the "worst" choice that we are considering, I'd rather go for a new coach (ie Bolton) that Eade.

Id like to hear your insight into why you think he is wrong for us. His credentials seem fine. What do you see as the problem?

New direction for discussion while we wait for a coach to firm up. Lots of talk right now amongst us that X coach doesn't have what it takes to win a premiership. So going to put out a pair of challenges to you all.

1. Has there been an AFL head coach in the modern era that was a passenger, that regardless of anything he did or didn't do is considered to not be the reason his team won a flag, where the team was so talented you could plug in anyone and get close?

2. Has there been an AFL head coach that was the goods, should have gotten his team over the line, squeezed every bit of luck and skill out of his list and for whatever reason the team just didn't have enough to win on the player side?
1. Arguably Chris Scott in his debut year was a bit of a passenger in 2011.

2. Ross Lyon is one of the best modern day coaches that can't seem to win a premiership. There's also an argument that John Longmire had the goods this year, too (named AFLCA).

Last edited:
I didn't read where he said 12 senior players were out. But it would be interesting to compare the sides Bolton had to work with, compared to the GF winning side...
Look at the opposition played during those 5 weeks. I could have coached the reigning premiers to win most of those games.

Mate, I actually agree with you in wanting Bomber as well. But, I just don't get what you're trying to say. Are you saying that a coach is no good until he has had success?

I think most of those who want an experienced coach are thinking ...

A coach is no good for US RIGHT NOW if he hasn't had success.

Not to say that's the right way, but it's definitely the reason I am sceptical about someone who hasn't been successful yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look at the opposition played during those 5 weeks. I could have coached the reigning premiers to win most of those games.
Look at the opposition we played in our last 5 games. In both cases, it was the coaches mental preparation of the players that won OR LOST the game.

That's what separates Bolton from every candidate. Young, smart, likeable, .....and trained, skilled in subconscious mental preparation of athletes. Do a google on his interview on 360. Look and listen when he was asked where he did his teacher swap....in 'northern England' . WTF?

Look at the opposition we played in our last 5 games. In both cases, it was the coaches mental preparation of the players that won OR LOST the game.

That's what separates Bolton from every candidate. Young, smart, likeable, .....and trained, skilled in subconscious mental preparation of athletes. Do a google on his interview on 360. Look and listen when he was asked where he did his teacher swap....in 'northern England' . WTF?

For once I fully agree with you.

Fair play. Thoughts on Eade?
Has the credentials but he's a bit of a loose canon. Flies off the handle with players (Barassi style) and doesn't always handle the media well (Malthouse style).

Just think he's not the right fit for Suns and the way / style they play and personnel available.
Wouldn't be upset if it's him, but I would probably prefer an untried like Bolton to Eade. I know that sounds contradictory but I think he would be a better fit than Eade at this club.

Other clubs with different style and culture??? I'd probably go with Eade (eg. Collingwood, North, Freo.)

Has the credentials but he's a bit of a loose canon. Flies off the handle with players (Barassi style) and doesn't always handle the media well (Malthouse style).

Just think he's not the right fit for Suns and the way / style they play and personnel available.
Wouldn't be upset if it's him, but I would probably prefer an untried like Bolton to Eade. I know that sounds contradictory but I think he would be a better fit than Eade at this club.

Other clubs with different style and culture??? I'd probably go with Eade (eg. Collingwood, North, Freo.)

It was mentioned in media by the Suns of co-coaches while I was in the gulag.

Bolton and Eade would be the perfect 'yin and yang' . A very powerful combining of minds. Extremely exciting possibility.

Who would you like?
Bolton, Dew or Bomber - I think Bolton would gel with our young list probably the best to get the most out of them Bomber has the most WOW factor and Stewie Dew is an unknown BUT played and won in two GF's so he likes the big stage how that translates to coaching is another matter in reality Don't want Ratten or Eade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back