The Western Bulldogs Next Coach

Who do you want to be the next coach of the Western Bulldogs?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You know the one thing that gave me the shits about Scott Watters?

The way he dressed. It's something I never usually pay attention to, but most coaches present themselves well. They're all wearing nice pants and a club polo that's been tucked in. No, he'd wear a big rain jacket with the zip undone, like a bloke that sucks down cans in the outer at Moorabbin.

I don't even know why it bothered me, it just did. Dress like every other AFL coach, you nitwit.

The way he dressed. It's something I never usually pay attention to, but most coaches present themselves well. They're all wearing nice pants and a club polo that's been tucked in. No, he'd wear a big rain jacket with the zip undone, like a bloke that sucks down cans in the outer at Moorabbin.

I don't even know why it bothered me, it just did. Dress like every other AFL coach, you nitwit.
you are a very superficial man ;)

Darcy is rumored to have advised the Bulldogs to become a reality tv show
Total transparency
The coach is to be selected via a blind audition like on the voice

Darcy said he is happy to sit in one of the chairs with Joel madden

He probably wants to sit on Madden's lap.

We have ourselves in an awful pickle
I am sure elements in the club are thinking - you know we could score bomber Thompson as coach. But there is the McCartney factor and the board will be thinking getting bomber is like take the playing list away from the McCartney frying pan and placing it into the Thompson fire.

Elements would be seriously worried that the playing list may not take to bomber and he would want to put whatever went on with McCartney to bed ASAP .

On one hand this is all very confronting for a dysfunctional board and management and has some risk
But on the other hand here is one of the best credentialed premiership coaches of the modern era available due to extraordinary circumstances. Chances like this don't come too often.

Do we or don't we

He will have more polish than McCartney but he is demanding - is our club even big enough to approach him for an informal chat? We want a premiership but are considering a cafe owner when pure gold is standing in front of us.

Why aren't Murph and Morris on the selection panel? And Roughead? The players are as big a stakeholders as anyone else. They crave success more than anyone else. They know better than anyone what they and the group need and want from a coach. Murph has had four senior coaches, more than probably anyone on the panel.

I find it peculiar when people get antsy about players 'running' the club. Well, come game day on the weekend, they ARE the club. Why not let them put in their two bob in footy related decisions?

Why aren't Murph and Morris on the selection panel? And Roughead? The players are as big a stakeholders as anyone else. They crave success more than anyone else. They know better than anyone what they and the group need and want from a coach. Murph has had four senior coaches, more than probably anyone on the panel.

I find it peculiar when people get antsy about players 'running' the club. Well, come game day on the weekend, they ARE the club. Why not let them put in their two bob in footy related decisions?
An interesting thought process. Not sure if this has ever been done at any level of football, let alone the AFL. Would certainly be ground breaking though, and lets face it other methods are far from foolproof

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok so we appoint Thompson and subsequently Hird gets the long-overdue flick and the job Thompson REALLY wants is available .... What happens next?
essendon have already decided if that happens mark Harvey will step in the breach. If you read the tea leaves -
Hird is on the outer and is looking for a life line - I maybe wrong of course but if we want him - we get him.

And then they own him too
And there is no sooking

There is nothing I'd like better to see than us have a coach that in the after game presser gives it to the press and the umpires, in a tongue in cheek way, stick up for his players no matter what and be the coach that can walk the talk. Come on down Mark Williams.
Have we even contacted him at all?

you are a very superficial man ;)
Haha, the funny thing is, I wouldn't say I'm all that well dressed, nor do I really have an eye for how other people dress, I just couldn't care less.

That just struck a nerve, though :p

Have we even contacted him at all?
Wouldn't know. A measure of the man is that he lost his brother, who also played for Port Adelaide, in a work accident and played for him in the same week against Norwood, I was there and had nothing but admiration for him and his family who are the spirit of Port Adelaide, a family that only know how to win. I go for Norwood but have nothing but respect for that club and the Williams family.

Wouldn't know. A measure of the man is that he lost his brother, who also played for Port Adelaide, in a work accident and played for him in the same week against Norwood, I was there and had nothing but admiration for him and his family who are the spirit of Port Adelaide, a family that only know how to win. I go for Norwood but have nothing but respect for that club and the Williams family.
WE need to rescue him from Richmond and give him his next premiership team, us

There is a reason Watters head looks bigger than the rest of his body........... FIGJAM!
Absolute tosser of the highest order. Just laughed my arse off when Saints appointed him. Laughed even louder when they dumped him!

It's the Perth accent that annoys the shite out of me as much as anything. Reminds me of Scott watters' press conferences.
Suma's accent is not like most :eek:. Do us Perth-ites even have an accent? Reckon it's not so hard to pick a Queenslander but that's the first time I've ever heard that about us in the west.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back