Diet and nutrition

Remove this Banner Ad

What would be best to use as a pre-workout? I've been just eating rice bubbles about an hour before going to the gym, which has been working fine for gaining mass. I've just read some pretty nasty stuff on puffed rice as of recently.

Then switch to steamed/cooked rice.

Rice bubbles, at least they are low in fat and have lots of vitamin c to keep us healthy... :)

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

I haven't been eating them for nutrition - only for use in burning through when I'm at the gym. I'm just asking the question of what would be a better alternative, and look for a bit more knowledge on muscle gain while living low carb.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/sports...e-strongman-diet/story-fno61i58-1227102368138
Interesting article
Across those six meals a day, Oberst consumes 15,000 to 20,000 calories — at least five times the recommended daily intake for Australian males.

He eats directly before going to the gym because it enables him to workout harder for longer.

“When you go to the gym and your body’s fuelled up with good nutrients and protein, when you get to the point when you’re working hard and you’re hitting your last reps, you’re burned out, there’s something else in there driving you,” Oberst explains.

“Instead of reaching down and there’s nothing there, you have some power left.”

He eats no cheese and no dairy.

“It’s very strict,” Oberst says. “I get one day off every four weeks where I can eat what I want.”
Thoughts?

His poor organs!

A very uneducated approach , Strongman are on the juice hence is huge appetite.

Typical, More is better ,attitude.

Would like to see his blood analysis n ask him few questions about his health, sleep, stomach n bowel etc..

People like him getting interviewed only tell you the good stuff to seem like a hero.

Can't imagine with every meal he'd be consuming probiotics & digestive aids to sissy with the huge meal intake.

Reminds me of when Michael Phelps mentioned in a magazine article he ate over 10,000 calories a day for energy needs n went onto say he trained for 5hours plus a day which didn't leave him much time in the day to eat supposedly so much!
It wouldn't be too comfortable swimming Half the day with a gut full of food!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love that protein helps you feel fuller for longer helps you focus better so four eggs for breakfast two pieces of toast not hungry from having 9:00am to 3:00pm protein helps you feel fuller for longer also eat everything in moderation why protein helps you feel fuller for longer so when do workout see more results cos body does not have to work twice as hard to break down everything protein helps you feel fuller for longer moderation is a good thing

You guys are reading too much into diet and nutrition. This Facebook post proves it. Protein keeps you fuller for longer.

Did you just baaaaaaaah?
I doubt they're would be a clean gold medalist n definitely not a clean multiple gold medalist.

Lance Armstrong says hello

Wait... you're saying that every gold medalist is a performance enhancing drug user?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back