newcs

Club Legend
May 16, 2005
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
I've got a few people trying to encourage me. I've been assured that the people I had issues with 10 years ago are well and truly gone.
The reason I'm being encouraged back is because of the decreasing amount of noise coming from the cheer squad area, it appears that a lot of people are in the CHEER squad simply for a cheap seat.
I was shown a phone video of the cheer squad just after Geelong had kicked a goal. The front rows were up and cheering like they should be, however when you pan around to the back rows, 80% are just sitting there like mushrooms, including a commitee member. I've even been told a story of a kid who got tugged on the back of the jumper by one of the mushrooms and got told to sit down and be quiet. I've been hearing of the cheer squad being nicknamed "The Vegie Patch" because of these people.
If I join the cheer squad, I will be standing up waving flags and making noise. I if anyone tells me not to, I will tell them to STFU and go and watch the game from home if you don't like the noise.
Should I join or will I cause too much commotion by doing what every cheer squad member should be doing ?

What were your issues 10 years ago? How old are you?

Last edited:
To be blunt all your fears are from not enforcing basic people skills. If you're paranoid people in public places are stopping you from being who you are and inhibiting your desires, you need to shift the unjust power/control these others have on you, ie personally I find exposing myself and windmilling in the person I thinks judging me's face to be quite an effective mechanism as they generally back off after that.

That's only one of the many ways to deal with provocative people and re-assigning control, if they have hot wives and are married there's yet another option. So keep in mind every situation is unique but can still be brought down to it's knees if it pisses you off or makes you feel uncomfortable if you so desire. It's called being assertive, if people are getting the better of you then you better be getting out the windmill.

I wish you more luck this time with your baby boomer problem, cheers and chin up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be blunt all your fears are from not enforcing basic people skills. If you're paranoid people in public places are stopping you from being who you are and inhibiting your desires, you need to shift the unjust power/control these others have on you, ie personally I find exposing myself and windmilling in the person I thinks judging me's face to be quite an effective mechanism as they generally back off after that.

That's only one of the many ways to deal with provocative people and re-assigning control, if they have hot wives and are married there's yet another option. So keep in mind every situation is unique but can still be brought down to it's knees if it pisses you off or makes you feel uncomfortable if you so desire. It's called being assertive, if people are getting the better of you then you better be getting out the windmill.

I wish you more luck this time with your baby boomer problem, cheers and chin up.
I'm a bit worried about the "exposing myself" part, illavitar- do you do this in public or is it "by invitation only"?

I reckon you should join!! In my opinion, Cats fams are way too quiet, a bit more noise could really elevate our team. Just think about the Dockers crowd (being in WA, I've heard it live plenty of times). Think about Port Adelaide and their Portress. The crowd is unbelieveable. That is the sort of stuff that can spur players on and make them push themselves that extra bit further.

Farting does not count :p

- I once did fart, but security tried to kick me out, they accused me of having a trumpet.

boobs only policy I'm afraid.

- I think there are a few big boobs in there, but if you're into that I'd more recommend the Sphinx on a Saturday night.

What were your issues 10 years ago? How old are you?

- There were certain the commitee people. If you wern't related to them or you didn't live in the same suburb, they wanted nothing to do with you.
- I'm not a baby boomer, but my parents are pretty much close to it.

What are new here ?
He use to start thread after thread moaning about the CS,now he'll start doing it again :rolleyes:

- Yes I did once do a massive dummy spit, but as I said, the people I had issues with are long gone and so has their stupid brownie points system.

man! I'd love to join myself. I'd have no issues making some noise :p

Just never been sure how you go about committing to it every single week come rain or come shine. Also, it must be expensive given all the traveling required that the team does each year.
I'd love to see fat Roughy in the cheer squad;)

Hmmmm , people skills have changed somewhat since I did that Course a few years ago , must do a refresher :eek:

Bloke looks like a barrel of laughs though.

We need more like him.

If for no other reason than to make the rest of us not look so fat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back