Vale Phillip Hughes - 1988 - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just sickening news. All the best to Phil - hope he pulls through OK.

Surely it is just for the day. I mean we feel for the bloke but come on even Hughes would not want that!

This is the second ridiculous comment you have made in this thread.

Here we have a 25 year old fighting for his life and you've first tried to make a joke about his technique, and now you're trying to argue that the game takes priority?

This is very distressing news so I'd suggest this is not the place to air your grievances that the game may not be continuing in the coming days.

It isn't but these players need red ball practice before the test series.

As I said I get the abandoning for the day. Give the players the afternoon to recover.
Look the primary concern for the next hour or two will be getting Hughes through this, then the state of the game will be decided upon.

It may have already been abandoned, but there's a lot of conflicting reports going on. If it has been already well so be it.

Yep probably asked someone who would have no reason to know the required information.
Shocking of the ABC to tweet it. They're normally reliable but that was poor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shocking of the ABC to tweet it. They're normally reliable but that was poor.
yep the more I think about it, it actually makes me pretty angry. If somebody reads that from a nobody they will get that sick stomach in the feeling then dig a little deeper. But when it comes from a reputable news source that people would think in a situation like this they can trust, is absolutely terrible.

I defend the ABC a lot but that post was indefensible. Absolutely shocking in this situation.

93671_163e57e3f42b00e2fd52953a464bd0ce.jpeg
thanks.

I guess it's not 100% conclusive, but it looks like it most likely missed his helmet. Jeezuz!

93671_163e57e3f42b00e2fd52953a464bd0ce.jpeg

They said his condition had improved when they took him from the ground?? o_O
Well if he was dead when he left the ground, and is now 'critical', I would say that would be true. Not sure what the ABC is getting at, an awfully worded tweet (and article), which has since been taken down. They might be suggesting that Hughes needed to be revived, which makes sense if they were performing CPR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back