Vale Phillip Hughes - 1988 - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm appreciating the in-depth information being given by the doctors here. We know they did all they could do.

Me too. They did the best they could. It was a fatal blow and would have been a miracle for him to survive it.

:(

Poor pup, that has got to be one of the hardest things an Aussie captain has ever had to do.
The hardest, I'd suggest.

Adelaide oval

B3bUgh6CIAEf9Gr.jpg
That's set me off again. So poignant.

After MJ's wrath and Gilly's WACA ton I'd have to say your series in SA was the most fun I've ever had watching cricket, thanks Phil.

Too hard to articulate much right now but thoughts with his family and Sean Abbott, I really hope he can again find joy in playing cricket one day. Really finding it hard to get enthused about the draft.

Christ I hope the media can muster some class and not start harassing his families and friends immediately.

There's arguments for both sides really. If it goes ahead we could potentially go in with a weakened team which would be against the spirit of the game, can't see David Warner all that keen to pad up for starters. India's CA came out & said stuff along the lines of "we have given our support & wishes, but we come here to train, prepare & play" when asked if their tour match against the selection XI could be cancelled & maybe the first test as well. I do believe they were asked when he was in a coma, now he has died I'm not sure if they will take a more comforting approach.

If an Indian player had died in similar circumstances & wanted to cancel, I'd back Australia to agree to let it slide. If that's what CA feel is the best path to take after today, I'd hope the Indian association agree it's for the best. What I REALLY don't want to happen is to go into the first test & India's bowlers throwing down more short balls than usual as that will get tempers going real quick

It's gonna be tough...you want to see the game played in a true, aggresive competitive manner...but then whose gonna throw down the first short one with the new ball?

Unprecedented stuff this unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RIP Phill Hughes 26 first class 100's at 25 years of age is an amazing effort, he sounds like such a great bloke I am sure his family would be so proud of what he achieved

Terrible terrible news to hear. The saddest I've felt at the loss of someone I'd never met. Really feel for Sean Abbott and everyone on that field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back