List Mgmt. 2014 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

St Kilda wins this draft in a landslide
Just thinking the same thing. McCartin and Goddard at 21 and Jack Lonie
Interview with a Giant coming up - must be Pickett cause no-one cares about Marchebank and no-one has heard of McKenna...
Reece McKenzie is still available. Take him at 72.

Noooo we passsed on Big Beast Reece at 72
I don't believe it.
He was Knightmare's 5th ranked player.
Massive potential.

Wright thought he was going to GWS.
Better not come back to haunt us.
I think it will. Swap him for Marchebank now.

Dammit Richmond took Big Beast Reece at 77
Think that will come back to haunt us and everyone else
Freo got Blakely at 34

Last edited:
Could have got both my favourites with Blakely at 23 instead of novelty pick McKenna and
Reece the Beast at 72. At 72.
Gutted. Another meh draft for me. I give it a B-

4) Pickett good pick. 90%
24) Steele great value. 90%
7) Ahern okay. 70%
85) Finlayson good value. 60%
But
6) Marchebank 40%
23) McKenna 30%
72) No-one; not Reece the Beast 0%

Last edited:
Good to see a couple of academy players being picked up by clubs other than us - s hould shut up some of the critics who are complaining about their existence. We didn't get them all, we only got half.

Essendon, Richmond, St Kilda and Melbourne killed it

Melbourne: 2) Brayshaw, 3) Petracca, 40), Neal-Bullen, 42), Billy Stretch and Oscar McDonald - total midfield overhaul, putting a V8 in a Corolla
St Kilda: 1) McCartin, 21) Goddard, 22) Dan McKenzie, 41 Jack Lonie - two KP starters and Lonie has real potential
Essendon: 16) Langford, 25) Laverde - sat and took best player available. Laverde could be the bargain of the draft.
Richmond: 12) Ellis, 33) Menadue, 52) Drummond , 77) REECE THE BEAST - my man at 77.And a bunch of talent.

Last edited:
Apparently at pick 72 we were looking at 2 academy lads in Dougal Howard and Logan Austin but port grabbed both before our picked round around so I guess port can thank us for growing the draft pool for them there

Take Reece the Beast then. OMG.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i just cant believe it we pick pretty averaged pickett ahern inconsistent might turn out good marchbank not happy how many 192 cm people we need and injury prone and why didnt we take goddard at 6 or 7 and never even heard mckenna steele not to bad but ill bet goddard becomes a gun and wright.

so we got marchbank and griffin for boyd
pickett pick 4
marchbank6 and griffin
23 mckenna
steele24
finlayson85
and joel patful not to bad trade period

i just cant believe it we pick pretty averaged pickett ahern inconsistent might turn out good marchbank not happy how many 192 cm people we need and injury prone and why didnt we take goddard at 6 or 7 and never even heard mckenna steele not to bad but ill bet goddard becomes a gun and wright.

Don't worry mate it will be fine. We're pretty strong throughout so had specific needs this year. Speed was a focus and we have really addressed that, defender was important and we've got that, we also have a bunch of talls that can swing back and forth.

Wait till you see those indigenous boys, it will be their 12 magic touches that get us over the line in big games!

Don't worry mate it will be fine. We're pretty strong throughout so had specific needs this year. Speed was a focus and we have really addressed that, defender was important and we've got that, we also have a bunch of talls that can swing back and forth.

Wait till you see those indigenous boys, it will be their 12 magic touches that get us over the line in big games!
yeah just a b it angry that we didnt get goddard but he seems alright and looks like we did good in the trade period and draft

492055-3f6d0b46-761e-11e4-95cb-53e820554b16.jpg

EXCITEMENT machine Jarrod Pickett is the standout pick for the Greater Western Sydney Giants after Thursday night’s AFL National Draft on the Gold Coast. The Giants had three of the first seven picks and secured the speedster from Western Australia with the fourth selection, Caleb Marchbank with No.6 and Paul Ahern with No.7.
https://sslcam.news.com.au/cam/auth...rss&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Good to see we picked one WA and 4 Vic Country kids, and steered clear of Melbourne Metro kids_the one's that seem to experience the 'go-home' factor most keenly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back