Welcome to the Club pick 39 Western Bulldogs Declan Hamilton

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn't read into the disposal on that video. Kid is classy, maybe not an elite kick but a good enough kick to have just about elite disposal.

Running power too, glad dalrymple stressed that

Thought he reminded me of Macrae actually, was probably the one I was least excited about but definitely coming round on him.

He reminds me a bit of Hartlett without the elite 60m kick. Great running ability and silky as. Good in traffic too

Love how a guy does something nice by gathering vision based on limited TV time of players and then because of that it's assumed as highlights and when a guy doesn't go at 100% in this vision of a swirly Geelong day or two that we ce to conclusions about his kicking.

If only some of his kicking at the start of the champs was in the vision we'd all be frothing.

I like some of his inside work on skippos video and love how he moves

Love how a guy does something nice by gathering vision based on limited TV time of players and then because of that it's assumed as highlights

Just commenting on the Declans disposal in the vid - great work by Skippos putting it together.

Bfore 24 hours ago, most of us didnt know he existed - fingers crssed the vid isnt representative of his usual skill level.

Just commenting on the Declans disposal in the vid - great work by Skippos putting it together.

Bfore 24 hours ago, most of us didnt know he existed - fingers crssed the vid isnt representative of his usual skill level.
I was commenting based on people using the " this is supposed to be highlights?" Rhetoric

least favoured, but thinking thats because I think the talents pretty good amongst them all.
Im happy with our drafts overall. Maybe a ruckman was needed but hoping that can be filled by others. Looking forward to footy over the next few years.
We have the potential if it all comes together.
I think the macartney darymple and co have done a pretty good job last few years. Hope it all starts to come together..... with the new coaching crew.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was commenting based on people using the " this is supposed to be highlights?" Rhetoric
Skippos said that next year he won't be calling it a highlights, its all the footage he can find of him from the two televised games

and like you said, one of those days was real swirly

I wonder where he will end up playing, because he has played multiple positions
which is something Dalrymple said we wanted

Just a point on excuses being made for the dodgy skills on show from Hamilton in that compilation from the games against both Vic teams:

Those are the same games that the super impressive highlights in the 9 min Caleb Daniel video come from, he didn't seem to have too much trouble maintaining his high disposal efficiency in those conditions.

So it is a bit of a worry, but I'm not going to write the kid off before he's even started. Should have plenty of chance to work on his kicking in windy conditions at Whitten Oval, anyway!

Just a point on excuses being made for the dodgy skills on show from Hamilton in that compilation from the games against both Vic teams:

Those are the same games that the super impressive highlights in the 9 min Caleb Daniel video come from, he didn't seem to have too much trouble maintaining his high disposal efficiency in those conditions.

So it is a bit of a worry, but I'm not going to write the kid off before he's even started. Should have plenty of chance to work on his kicking in windy conditions at Whitten Oval, anyway!
Caleb Daniel is a jet, that is why ;)

if you have the game and you watch it, a lot of kicks were going out on the full when the players tried to kick the ball to the wing

Daniel must just be better at handling the conditions which is good to know

Caleb Daniel is a jet, that is why ;)

if you have the game and you watch it, a lot of kicks were going out on the full when the players tried to kick the ball to the wing

Daniel must just be better at handling the conditions which is good to know
Yeah I did watch the games at the time and a lot of the players were struggling with it.

As you suggest it just serves to paint little Caleb as even more of a gun, and even he did misplace a couple of longer kicks to the wing.

Yeah I did watch the games at the time and a lot of the players were struggling with it.

As you suggest it just serves to paint little Caleb as even more of a gun, and even he did misplace a couple of longer kicks to the wing.

Shorter ball drop you know... ;)

779552-59f3e2d6-76bf-11e4-a242-d532f9b60583.jpg

Just watched back the review footage from skippos. Really surprised at the negativity. He socks one well toward goal which the wind clearly grabs, just doesn't make the distance with one from 50 (even wright couldn't that day), misses a set shot (the least important thing to consider in the video), hits a long ball to a one on one which his opponent wins(took the right options), and gets two handbills cut off but the video shows plenty of inside class by hand in traffic.

And the big one, where he picks it up and kicks the Hail Mary from the boundary OOF, he was performing an extremely athletic action, it reflects well on his movement he could scoop it up and get boot to ball in one action

Remove this Banner Ad

Back