Vale Phillip Hughes - 1988 - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That Michael Clarke presser is, by far, one of the hardest things I've ever had to watch.

Absolute courage and guts from him to get through it, beautifully done and you can tell this will only make the Aussie boys stronger in the future on the back of Phil Hughes.

This is the first time I was going to skip the Adelaide Test for years. Will definitely be there now. Hopefully we can get 40k to the first day to remember Phillip. Looks like I will be able to get to the SCG as well.
I'm devastated I won't be in the state for the first day of the Adelaide Test, I would do anything to be there.

I apologise if this comes across as self-promotion because my intention is certainly not to do so but I've written an article that relates to Phillip Hughes' death and our connection to cricket. It is a special game. A very special game. One that frustrates us greatly, but one that we cannot seemed to get away from because it is such a battle between mind and body, bat and bowl. It is my first love, and you will never get over your first love. Phil Hughes' death has, like so many others, affected my greatly. It has affected me to the point that I haven't been able to stop thinking about it and the game that those who post on this board love so very much. I will never give up on test cricket, just as I will never give up on local cricket. If you do read the article, please feel free to share why you are so innately connected to the game here. It's a very emotional time, but it is also a time we need to share our thoughts on the matter and honour this young man for all he gave to cricket and life in general.

http://triflesandtidbits.com/2014/11/29/number-408-remains-63-not-out-overnight/

To the mods: If you find this an unnecessary new thread, feel free to move it to the Vale Phil Hughes thread. Rest in Peace Phillip.

It's still up - the admin is starting to turn personal for those that disagree with their view
Just read it. Wasn't logged into facey on my computer. It's the sort of s**t that's not needed at all

Getting the thread back on track, A touching start to the Sri Lanka-England ODI, minute silence held. Plenty of raw emotion on display as you can imagine. Lets hope they put on a good game of cricket in honour of Phil.

I don't care what anyone says, Clarkey is a great leader and a great stand-up bloke, too.
He's been absolutely fantastic through this whole process. He was a tower of strength to the family while Phil lay gravely ill, and that speech, delivered in incredibly tough circumstances, must surely be an inspiration to anybody who watches it.

Getting the thread back on track, A touching start to the Sri Lanka-England ODI, minute silence held. Plenty of raw emotion on display as you can imagine. Lets hope they put on a good game of cricket in honour of Phil.

Same city where Phillip scored his last test century

It's a bunch of people from "Tony Abbotts Lies and Other Liberal Promises" whining about the State Memorial Service. Other randoms saying what about all the other people who die at work? Further Muppets stating that Hughes is just a cricketer.

You get the gist
That is truly the most insensitive thing I've read. People who say crap like that clearly don't appreciate (or care) that Phil was also a son, a brother, and judging by the outpouring of grief this week, his cheeky grin and engaging personality touched the hearts of millions of people all over the world. In sad times like this, certain people should keep their warped opinions to themselves!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More beautiful poetry, this one by a lady called Abi who posted it on Facebook (it's since been reposted a few times, gratefully with her credit.)

As he walked towards the heavens gates, he stood there all alone
And turned his face back to the world,and the country he had called home
He saw the tear stained faces
That spanned Australia wide
For the little bloke from Macksville
Who tragically had died.
He spun to face Saint Peter, with his cap and bat in hand
he asked
"Please don't let my friends and family suffer,
Just help them if you can"
Saint Peter embraced the saddened Man and held him strong and true
"They'll never be alone my son, they'll forever still have you."
"Although you had to leave them,
And that world you did depart.
A piece of you forever remains in each of their sad hearts"
As Hughes had turned to enter heaven through the stunning Golden gate
A voice yelled from the shadows "Come over here now mate".
Bradman stood there grinning with a bat and ball in hand.
He put his arm around Phil's shoulder and said "You're up to bat young man".

That got me :cry:

It should also be noted Ashton Agar who is a big contributor to the cricket board and is a massive fan of Phil Hughes. Not just through the last 48 hours but has been a huge fan of Hughes for a long time. He hasn't posted on here since Phillips death so I hope you're doing allright bro.
Thanks for the support The Passenger and everyone, I really am appreciative and feel quite blessed. I really needed to take a break from BigFooty, the news I really could not cope with. It still hasn't sunk in, I just can't believe it.

As for Phillip, you know how much I love you. I still don't feel up to to writing a big long thing, but you know up above how much I'm hurting. One day I'll meet you up in the big cricket match in the sky. :hearts:

More beautiful poetry, this one by a lady called Abi who posted it on Facebook (it's since been reposted a few times, gratefully with her credit.)

As he walked towards the heavens gates, he stood there all alone
And turned his face back to the world,and the country he had called home
He saw the tear stained faces
That spanned Australia wide
For the little bloke from Macksville
Who tragically had died.
He spun to face Saint Peter, with his cap and bat in hand
he asked
"Please don't let my friends and family suffer,
Just help them if you can"
Saint Peter embraced the saddened Man and held him strong and true
"They'll never be alone my son, they'll forever still have you."
"Although you had to leave them,
And that world you did depart.
A piece of you forever remains in each of their sad hearts"
As Hughes had turned to enter heaven through the stunning Golden gate
A voice yelled from the shadows "Come over here now mate".
Bradman stood there grinning with a bat and ball in hand.
He put his arm around Phil's shoulder and said "You're up to bat young man".
Honestly cried. Beautiful.

Amazing what impact the game of cricket has. For one of the most famous people in the world for the last 30 odd years to be touched by this says a lot about how big a tragedy it is. Classy by Sir Elton....RIP Phillip Hughes...stay strong Sean Abbott

Amazing what impact the game of cricket has. For one of the most famous people in the world for the last 30 odd years to be touched by this says a lot about how big a tragedy it is. Classy by Sir Elton....RIP Phillip Hughes...stay strong Sean Abbott
Elton John is a massive sports fan. Has had minor rants at concerts when the English footy team has screwed up in big events.

hearing reports across the radio spectrum it seems to have much emphasis on nsw cricket. spare a thought for his current team!
This is something I noticed too, the Redbacks' team seems to have been largely ignored in all of this. One of his best mates, and housemate Tom Cooper, was batting at the other end when this happened. I can't imagine how he is coping right now. He was flown back up to Sydney in Phillip's final hours by Cricket Australia, just in case anyone hadn't heard about this.

Roo on radio this morning mentioned Hughesy was at the Alma last Sunday (Roo's pub that he owns with Danger, Sloane and Tex), and remembers just how jovial he was, happy to have a beer and chat. He was surprised Hughesy would even know who he was being from NSW, but that's just the type of bloke he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back