Things that please you

Remove this Banner Ad

Being presented with a plate of fruit for dessert by an 8 yo, completely off his own bat.

Jamie Oliver, look out. Dave Jr is hot on your heels.

I was most surprised when my 3yo offered me some cheese and bacon balls from her packet a few weeks back. Was hard to say yes given the amount of slobber/chip dregs all over her hands that were dipping back into the packet every time she had another, but impossible to say no to the innocent little 3yo dinner plate eyes looking up and the sincere cheese and bacon ball smothered smile on offer.

She's finally learning that sharing isn't all bad. HOORAY (and not before time!), it was a milestone moment for me.

Not quite the same as your child preparing the food and presenting it, but your kids and food post reminded me of it.

It pleases me there is only one more sleep to Christmas! I loooove Christmas! :hearts:

10251903_10153013976485719_6735896124550455485_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm unsure whether or not this should please me but I'm in the top 50 posters on the site.

In quantity, definitely not quality. Lance Uppercut, Kong and Ben the Gooner are all ahead of me.

Yay! It seems most people hate Christmas!

My Christmas work party starts in half an hour :)
I like Christmas because of the family stuff that comes with it, but shopping last night during all night trading was a pretty unpleasant experience!

I like Christmas because of the family stuff that comes with it, but shopping last night during all night trading was a pretty unpleasant experience!
Daughter went to Chadstone last night and said it was a nightmare however Chadstone at 9am this morning was pretty empty. In and home within an hour

Daughter went to Chadstone last night and said it was a nightmare however Chadstone at 9am this morning was pretty empty. In and home within an hour
Highpoint was hideous. See my post in the shits ya thread for my thoughts. ;)

It's why I always start Christmas shopping in November :)
I did the lay by thing in November (playstation4 and games) but did a lot online as in the LFC stuff, Vic Secrets and Cricket Australia.
Today's shopping was about food for tomorrow

One benefit to living two weeks' postage from my family is I had no option but to sort my s**t out weeks ago. One of the UK's biggest shopping centres is over our back fence though and it's ******* chaos in there.

As to things that legitimately please me, the Czech word for hello is "ahoj", with the j pronounced as a y.

at the ripe old age of 36 ive finally stopped copping out and bitten the bullet - im going back to study (while still working full time) (and bringing up two infants)

Bachelor of communicatrion -media studies

will probably end in tears but until that moment i gotta say im pretty excited!

any advice on how to study most welcomed.... things have probably changed since i used an inkwell & quill

Last edited:
at the ripe old age of 36 if finally stopped copping out and bitten the bullet - im going back to study (while still working full time) (and bringing up two infants)

Bachelor of communicatrion -media studies

will probably end in tears but until that moment i gotta say im pretty excited!

any advice on how to study most welcomed.... things have probably changed since i used an inkwell & quill
Congrats mate!

I finished a double degree two years ago and have done essentially nothing since, so I'll probably be joining you if I ever want a decent job. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back