Things that please you

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll post this here because it will hopefully please you guys.

Today I did one of the stupidest things I have ever or will ever do.

While packing for a day in the sun at the beach, I needed to grab some sunscreen. I went into the bathroom, grabbed a blue bottle from the cabinet under the sink and put it in my bag.

Later, while aiming to prevent myself from developing skin cancer, I squeezed the bottle and noticed a blue liquid. "Huh didn't know there was blue sunscreen" I thought as I lathered it on my face, arms and legs.

It was not much longer that I realised that my hands were still blue and the sunscreen wasn't absorbing quite like it should. Curious, I opened my bag and pulled out the bottle.

"Well *."

In my outstanding flash of brilliance, I hadn't grabbed sunscreen. I had actually grabbed SelSun, a brand of anti-dandruff shampoo.

I then tried to wash it off myself with water, forgetting what shampoo is and what happens when it contacts water.

I doubt I will never do something this dumb again. At least, I hope I never do something this dumb again.

There are some positives to come from this, however.
1. Arm, leg, facial hair and eyebrows are now dandruff free!
2. I have a great story.

May this be a warning to you all, from (techincally) a scientist.

Check the bottle of sunscreen you grab. It might actually be shampoo.

While packing for a day in the sun at the beach, I needed to grab some sunscreen. I went into the bathroom, grabbed a blue bottle from the cabinet under the sink and put it in my bag.

Later, while aiming to prevent myself from developing skin cancer, I squeezed the bottle and noticed a blue liquid. "Huh didn't know there was blue sunscreen" I thought as I lathered it on my face, arms and legs.

It was not much longer that I realised that my hands were still blue and the sunscreen wasn't absorbing quite like it should. Curious, I opened my bag and pulled out the bottle.

"Well ****."

In my outstanding flash of brilliance, I hadn't grabbed sunscreen. I had actually grabbed SelSun, a brand of anti-dandruff shampoo.

I then tried to wash it off myself with water, forgetting what shampoo is and what happens when it contacts water.

I doubt I will never do something this dumb again. At least, I hope I never do something this dumb again.

2. I have a great story.

Can you please add point 3, that being whether you got sunburn or not. Just for s**t n' giggles and all that....

Check out the posts he makes about Richmond players, hypocrisy at its finest :D
Don't need to. Seriously, he managed to whinge about not having a Richmond player on my overrated list. That's fantastic.

Don't need to. Seriously, he managed to whinge about not having a Richmond player on my overrated list. That's fantastic.
This is why I hate Richmond, not because of their players (bar Ty Vickery) but their supporters attitude. Whenever anyone says anything against one of their players **** hits the fan.

This is why I hate Richmond, not because of their players (bar Ty Vickery) but their supporters attitude. Whenever anyone says anything against one of their players **** hits the fan.
I don't hate Richmond. Some of my best mates support them. BigFooty isn't a representative of the whole. I genuinely can't stand Norf supporters though, irl they're as bad as on here in my experience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I cooked a stir fry for dinner last night and the 3yo actually ate it. Ok, I picked out the veggies she didn't like but she ate what she was given (the 6yo eats anything so no probs there)

Major progress. I didn't tone down the ginger/garlic/soy sauce/oyster sauce flavours so mark one down for an advance in the family menu.

For those with fussy kids, you'll understand why this pleased me so much. You get sick of the same food all the time, or having to make something else to please the kid(s) if you want something different.

"Well ****."

2. I have a great story.

I squeezed Deep Heat on my toothbrush when I was drunk once.

Hey, the tubes look the same.

Rain. Glorious rain.

In the last 3 days we have had 30mm or so with more to come. We havent had anything close to that since mid August. To say the ground needed it is an understatement, and the bonus is it has killed off the Hills bushfires once and for all.

The added bonus is it has actually rained when I have fertalised for a change. That pleases me as the forecast rain usually forgets to arrive when i fertalise

The Essendon bigfooty board at the moment.

I have been lurking/posting since about 06' and at any one time we have had at least one knowledgeable, yet overbearing bully who behaves like a jerk on our board.

I'm not singling anyone out in particluar as we have had several of these types of posters over the years.

Just pointing out that we have a nice group at the moment :)

The Essendon bigfooty board at the moment.

I have been lurking/posting since about 06' and at any one time we have had at least one knowledgeable, yet overbearing bully who behaves like a jerk on our board.

I'm not singling anyone out in particluar as we have had several of these types of posters over the years.

Just pointing out that we have a nice group at the moment :)
Damn it, I'm failing... Wait, you said knowledgeable. All good :D

Following my daughters fall her friends hailed a cab as the ambulance tending her other friend told her she needed to get to hospital.
They waved down a yellow cab on Chapel St. The cabbie spoke to the ambulance guys about taking her to the hospital.
The cabbie had had first aid training and throughout the trip kept on questioning her as to her name, her date of birth and where she worked to make sure she was lucid. Despite being with others in the cab the cabbie helped her into Emergency and then refused to accept payment.
Unfortunately we did not get his name.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back