Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We lost that anyway when Pagan joined the club.
I was not overly happy when Pagan joined, only seemed to have one tactic in his thinking (kick it long to Duck) and that worked well at Carlton :(

Do we recon a well run club would have called Kouta's bluff? They seem to these days. There's no heart and soul players who clubs keep at all cost, at the detriment of other things like salary cap, they just offer them a fair deal and let them go if they don't take it. Would have been hard to see Kouta leaving us, he's very much entrenched Carlton. I think we got bent over by a manager's tactics to get a huge salary. Manager and player were probably laughing big time. You see it all the time where a manager will use other clubs against the players current to attempt to get an unrealistic salary (Dustin Martin was NEVER leaving Richmond).
The offer made to Kouta was very real & extremely lucrative.
Who offered kouta the money??. ..
It was a non-Victorian club & that is all I will be saying about it.

The offer made to Kouta was very real & extremely lucrative.

It was a non-Victorian club & that is all I will be saying about it.

Interesting. I remember papers at the time speculating about Collingwood but everybody gets linked to them.

I can not and will not reveal my source but I have been reliably told that when we play North Melbourne in 2015 that............... David King will pick North Melbourne to win by 80+ points.

Please do not ask me to reveal my source.
Source?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We lost that anyway when Pagan joined the club.

Bit harsh, reckon the damage was done when we traded for Stephen O'Rly :( and Jane Mansfield ..

Have to wonder if we were better off not making the 99 GF, Parkin and Crazy John Elliott might not have gotten delusions of grandeur and done those awful trades, especially as one of them had resulted in severe repercussions via salary cap breeches.

Its bitterly ironic how our greatest win since the 95 Grand Final resulted in the biggest disaster to ever befall our football club.

Don't think denying Essendon an almost certain premiership was worth that the resulting decade of misery that followed TBH

Bit harsh, reckon the damage was done when we traded for Stephen O'Rly :( and Jane Mansfield ..

Have to wonder if we were better off not making the 99 GF, Parkin and Crazy John Elliott might not have gotten delusions of grandeur and done those awful trades, especially as one of them had resulted in severe repercussions via salary cap breeches.

Its bitterly ironic how our greatest win since the 95 Grand Final resulted in the biggest disaster to ever befall our football club.

Don't think denying Essendon an almost certain premiership was worth that the resulting decade of misery that followed TBH

I am conflicted by the bolded. Considering they have been just as crap as us since then - without crippling afl sanctions.

I am conflicted by the bolded. Considering they have been just as crap as us since then - without crippling afl sanctions.

You mean since the 2000 flag. Thankfully that must seem a long time ago for them now. Like the filth in 2010, they thought they were set for a grand dynasty with that team, but it just netted them the one flag in the end. Must have galled them to see Brisbane go three in a row instead!

Last edited:

Mmmmmmm.....

You mean since the 2000 flag. thankfully that must seem a long time ago for them now. Like the filth in 2010, they thought they were set for a grand dynasty with that team, but it just netted them the one flag in the end. Must have galled them to see Brisbane go three in a row instead!

They "had to" unload three premiership players after their 2000 flag, Blumfield, Heffernan, Caracella , and when I say "had to" they were in similar salary cap territory to us, except they weren't caught.

As I understand having to accomodate James Hird's very luxurious salary.

However let's not forget this stink stain of a club have form in this area, having themselves been in breach of the salary cap during their 1993 Premiership season.

I like to think that the thrashing the received in the 2011 elimination final lead them to undertake an extensive supplements program.

Perhaps when the announcer called out that that was the largest winning score against Essendon in a final (or something like that)... was a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back