The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whilst i do agree we need to strengthen in certain areas, i won't be angry if we fail to bring anyone in this january. If sturridge can stay fit to the end of the season then i honestly believe we are good enough to clinch top 4 and a trophy. Then let Brendan strengthen and buy the necessary GK, Striker and DM at the end of season in a non inflated market.

Im not overly annoyed that we havent signed anyone this January. I honestly didnt think we would anyways. January is always a tough time to buy. Particularly for where we want to upgrade. Getting a real quality GK in now is tough compared to in the summer. Same for an absolute top striker.

It's so hard to buy a top striker now who is banging in goals like say Lacazette because Lyon wont want him to leave in the middle of the season when he is a massive reason as to why they can win the league.

It's much easier to buy top targets in the summer.

I do think the squad is big enough and good enough if Sturridge stays fit for us to make a run at 4th and to do well in the cup competitions.

Also, nobody mentioned it but we drew Crystal Palace away in the next round of the FA Cup if we beat Bolton in the replay of course.

Not the worst or best draw.

We need to buy Dwight Gayle pronto! Sick of the prick scoring against us.

If we bought him and we played him against Crystal Palace, he would probably score an own goal right at the death to hand Palace the win.

I'm sure he'd be cup tied, and we could just keep him the * away from the pitch!

More important business tomorrow morning ..
Starting Line up:
Mignolet – Can, Skrtel, Sakho – Marković, Henderson, Lucas, Moreno – Gerrard, Coutinho – Sterling.

Lets get to Wembley!! YNWA!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/26/liverpool-lucas-leiva-capital-one-cup-chelsea
A nice article about Lucas and his recovery after that injury at Stamford Bridge when he one of our best players and in hot form.

As he recalls: “It was hard for me and I was a little bit down because I wanted to be part of things on the pitch but I remember, when we were on our way to the stadium, Stevie sent me a text which said: ‘Don’t worry, we will get here again.’ It is something that I always remember, something nice, and hopefully we will make that come true.”
For Lucas as much as Gerrard in his farewell season, I do hope we can win some silverware.

Sturridge definitely back in the side for the West Ham game this weekend but he's been training strongly and is a chance of making the bench for the game tonight. Returning at just the right time, we're back in form and creating bucketloads of chances, we're just lacking a finisher so the stage is set for Danny to come in and have a big impact (if his hamstrings hold together!).

Great Doco.

Football's Greatest Teams - Liverpool:

4 European Cups and another European Cup final in just 7 years is a truly remarkable achievement. I loved this quote though:

"It was a period in which Anfield became something of a fortress. Over the 9 seasons from 1975 until 1984, the club played 263 competitive home games, and lost only 15. This included an 85 match unbeaten run between 1978 and 1981."

Last edited:
Sturridge definitely back in the side for the West Ham game this weekend but he's been training strongly and is a chance of making the bench for the game tonight. Returning at just the right time, we're back in form and creating bucketloads of chances, we're just lacking a finisher so the stage is set for Danny to come in and have a big impact (if his hamstrings hold together!).
He'll probably re-injur himself within the week.
Hope not though.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/26/liverpool-lucas-leiva-capital-one-cup-chelsea
A nice article about Lucas and his recovery after that injury at Stamford Bridge when he one of our best players and in hot form.

For Lucas as much as Gerrard in his farewell season, I do hope we can win some silverware.

Up until that injury Lucas looked like he was going to be an absolute top class holding midfielder. Still remember the way he completely bossed City's superstar midfield when we played them in the league at Anfield that same season. Made Yaya Toure his bitch.

If there's the slightest chance he can get back to the same level we must hold on to him because there are few players as good at playing the role as Lucas.

What I'm hoping the lineup will be.

------------------Sterling------------------
----------Coutinho------Lallana-----------
Moreno---Lucas---Henderson---Markovic
--------Sakho----Skrtel----Can-----------
------------------Mignolet------------------

Subs: Ward, Enrique, Manquillo, Williams, Gerrard, Lambert, Balotelli
(Johnson, Allen, Rossiter, Ojo, Borini, Lovren, and Ibe(cup tied) miss out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back