• Julie Bishop

• Scott Morrison

• Andrew Robb

• Someone from the LIberal Party other than those above

• Bill Shorten

• Someone from the Labor Party other than Shorten

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I am still of the belief that there will not be a change of leadership (unless illness is cited), I think that they will hope that some ex-politicians may have some strong words in his ear.
It will be interesting what role Simkin will play as his new media adviser.

He'll struggle to make it to July without a challenge at this rate. They'll coalesce around one candidate before they do it. It won't be Hockey; being Abbott's Treasurer has ruined him for the length of this Government. Bishop because she's always out of the country or Turnbull because the public like him.

Back in 2009, was there an absentee vote that got Tony Abbott over the line against Malcolm Turnbull?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberal_Party_of_Australia_leadership_spill,_2009

Basically, we have an incompetent government that is being held to account by the media, not the opposition who should be the ones primarily holding them to account.
But what exactly constitutes holding to account anymore? Is the yardstick the negative and deceitful gutter tactics that Abbott resorted to? The very thing that has led us into the cesspit that is Australian politics at present?

I'd be happier to see Shorten continue what he's doing than stoop to that level, unless the plan is for both sides to continue down that path indefinitely.

"A second round of voting ensued, in which Abbott defeated Turnbull by one vote (42–41). Fran Bailey, a supporter of Turnbull, was absent for the vote, and there was one vote of "no", which was recorded as informal."

Didn't actually know about the informal vote.

My guess is Greg Hunt.

But what exactly constitutes holding to account anymore? Is the yardstick the negative and deceitful gutter tactics that Abbott resorted to? The very thing that has led us into the cesspit that is Australian politics at present?

I'd be happier to see Shorten continue what he's doing than stoop to that level, unless the plan is for both sides to continue down that path indefinitely.
Certainly not the chicken-little antics of Abbott in opposition - maybe I'm being to optimistic, but I'd like to see an opposition with a position of "we're the alternative government, here's our vision" rather than "we're less shitful than the government" or *crickets chirping*

Do you believe and follow treasury all the time, or does it depend on who is in power?

Pretty sure I recall plenty of attacks from you on the former government which included the stimulus to which treasury agreed it had a positive impact on the economy....

Reckon you might be selective in your support and from a comment earlier it looks like you are trying to convince people you were never holding pom poms, which is pretty funny...
I doubt you'll get much of a response beyond *whatever Tony tells me to do* from the angry table-thumping hard right.

Gruen released a paper in 2009 outlining the impact of the stimulus - a major factor in stimulus success was supporting employment levels by around 1.6%, as a rapid rise in unemployment actually has a huge impact on ongoing personal taxation revenue int he following year.

The harshest critics of stimulus always omit that the architects were appointed during the Howard years and would have given exactly the same advice to Government regardless of who was in power.

Certainly not the chicken-little antics of Abbott in opposition - maybe I'm being to optimistic, but I'd like to see an opposition with a position of "we're the alternative government, here's our vision" rather than "we're less shitful than the government" or *crickets chirping*

On this I was pleasantly surprised to see Shorten bring up the Republic debate the other day. It's not an overarching vision for the future or anything like that but at least he was willing to put his neck out and say that it's something he wants to see. It's at least one step up on the crickets we've mainly had from him and maybe we're going to see some more of his views put forward over time.

Selling a vision has been a failure since Fightback.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt you'll get much of a response beyond *whatever Tony tells me to do* from the angry table-thumping hard right.

Gruen released a paper in 2009 outlining the impact of the stimulus - a major factor in stimulus success was supporting employment levels by around 1.6%, as a rapid rise in unemployment actually has a huge impact on ongoing personal taxation revenue int he following year.

The harshest critics of stimulus always omit that the architects were appointed during the Howard years and would have given exactly the same advice to Government regardless of who was in power.
Very true. I didn't expect them to retract their hypocrisy haha, I just like pointing it out.

Obama has basically continued the US trend of overseas intervention to further their own interests and everyone else be damned, no surprise there.
For that, he deserves condemnation.

I'm glad of the US intervention in the Middle East - against ISIS in particular and I feel he is going about it in smarter ways, using and training local militia and supporting rebel groups rather than just carpet bombing the joint.

End of the year? I was thinking June - September, but he might be lucky to get to March at this rate.
I wouldn't be surprised to see early moves for a leadership challenge to happen after the Budget, if it get very bad reviews. To go on top of losing the Victorian and possibly the Queensland & NSW State Elections as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm glad of the US intervention in the Middle East - against ISIS in particular and I feel he is going about it in smarter ways, using and training local militia and supporting rebel groups rather than just carpet bombing the joint.
Like pre-82 Afghanistan and pre-88 Iraq?
I'd be wary if I were part of these local militia - the US has a history of beating the crap out of former Middle Eastern allies, while turning a blind eye to blatant human rights abuses from allies (e.g. the House of Saud's long connection to powerful US interests)

I have said it before, I can't see the party changing leadership unless it is do to his health.
It would be political suicide.

Keeping him would be political suicide.

Back