LVFNL 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Big news out of Marong with highly sort after fast leading goal kicking machine deciding to stay after YCW, Horsham, Inglewood and the pull of his home club Charlton have been banging on the door. Did you get him over the line Roota?

A bite stale on here lately, any news on new recruits that are a sure thing or departures that clubs can announce. Or is it all top secrete untill round one.

A bite stale on here lately, any news on new recruits that are a sure thing or departures that clubs can announce. Or is it all top secrete untill round one.

All the talk seems to be about Bridgewater again watch for Tommy Broadbent he will be a star dissapointed the Club couldnt talk him into staying he would have been a good senior player for us this year. Read that bit about Pyramid before Christmas with the ex Coburg players getting onboard so doesnt look like they will drop off. YCW have picked up a few as well apparently but not sure on quality.

All the talk seems to be about Bridgewater again watch for Tommy Broadbent he will be a star dissapointed the Club couldnt talk him into staying he would have been a good senior player for us this year. Read that bit about Pyramid before Christmas with the ex Coburg players getting onboard so doesnt look like they will drop off. YCW have picked up a few as well apparently but not sure on quality.
I think u will find that chalky at serp will have some very very good cattle on the park.. But will me mighty hard to beat the mean machine..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forget it boys, we are all playing for second.. Again. This is why the good players leave this comp because other teams just can't match the machine and know that they will only playing for 2nd. Good on the machine though you can't knock them for wanting to better themselves year after year.

They talk about Heathcote league spending money, What would Bridgewater be paying? Connors would hardly come for a pie and a coke each week. This is why country footy is being screwed up. Salary caps don't work, points system doesn't work. The bigger the budget the better the side, doesn't matter who coaches when you have a budget that is bigger than everyone else. Why would a footballer won't to go from Port Melbourne to the 32nd best league in Victoria when in the prime of your football. $$$$$$$

I can tell you why. Good club full of good people and the people who play there just want to enjoy their sport wether it be footy or netty. If you have good people at a club the rest just happens.
They talk about Heathcote league spending money, What would Bridgewater be paying? Connors would hardly come for a pie and a coke each week. This is why country footy is being screwed up. Salary caps don't work, points system doesn't work. The bigger the budget the better the side, doesn't matter who coaches when you have a budget that is bigger than everyone else. Why would a footballer won't to go from Port Melbourne to the 32nd best league in Victoria when in the prime of your football. $$$$$$$

I can tell you why. Good club full of good people and the people who play there just want to enjoy their sport wether it be footy or netty. If you have good people at a club the rest just happens.

Plenty of struggling clubs full of great people mate....just like there are plenty of top clubs full of dickheads

I think you boys underestimate what bringing people of good moral fibre has done for Bridgewater ie. Blokes that are worth 3-4 times what they are payed at Bridgy, being happy to stay and play in a group that has a tight bond and enjoy the success that brings eg Clutton could've gone anywhere for 4x what he gets at Bridgy.

A group of talented locals that play for well under the market rate eg the older Broadbent returned from injury last year, played for incentives only and was probably in the top 5 players in the comp.

A local coach with AFL experience that turned down 45-55k in the GV and other leagues to coach for an average LV playing salary.

As for Connors I heard last night that he's coming to play with a mate he's also good mates with Axel and really enjoyed it up there last year, he understands there not big payers and didn't want to put them under any pressure, It was put to me he'd be on exactly half of what Orr and Bowes got at Serp this year, not a lot for a man of his talent in fact fringe BFL players are commanding similar money elsewhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back