PS4 DriveClub

Remove this Banner Ad

I got invited into a club last night and got a whole bunch of unlocks (presumably from the club's level being quite high - about 45 I think?). Just wondering if I have those unlocks (cars, paint jobs, logos etc) unlocked permanently or if I'll lose them if I leave the club? I'm still a newbie - just hit level 5 last night haha.

Doubt it as GT is a sim and DC is not. Not really in competition with each other.

Yeah that's true - I was just thinking they were both PS4 exclusives in the wider racing genre (and also because DC has really impressive graphics which is one of the cornerstones of GT).

Going a bit off tangent, saw a bit of footage for Project Cars last night - looks pretty impressive (and is coming to PS4 among others). That's a game that looks to be more in the racing sim domain. I haven't seen much of the game but the footage looked pretty good!

Id love to have the GT500 from Gone In 60 Seconds, Love That Car

Haha, that movie is a guilty pleasure of mine and agreed - Eleanor is dreamy!

gone_60_seconds.jpg

Also Nick Cage.

giphy.gif

I got invited into a club last night and got a whole bunch of unlocks (presumably from the club's level being quite high - about 45 I think?). Just wondering if I have those unlocks (cars, paint jobs, logos etc) unlocked permanently or if I'll lose them if I leave the club? I'm still a newbie - just hit level 5 last night haha.

Unless they've changed it recently, you lose them all.

Unless they've changed it recently, you lose them all.

Ah bummer - yeah I thought that might be the case...gives people the incentive to stay in their clubs or to progress their own ones (otherwise you'd probably end up with a bunch of people joining just to get the unlocks before bailing out).

Ah bummer - yeah I thought that might be the case...gives people the incentive to stay in their clubs or to progress their own ones (otherwise you'd probably end up with a bunch of people joining just to get the unlocks before bailing out).
Same thing happens if, for whatever reason, you're not connected to the servers. None of your club unlocks are available until it connects.

Same thing happens if, for whatever reason, you're not connected to the servers. None of your club unlocks are available until it connects.

That's annoying. How are the servers generally? Hoping better than the FIFA ones... :D

That's annoying. How are the servers generally? Hoping better than the FIFA ones... :D

Good now. Haven't had a problem for ages. They were useless for a month or so after release but they have it sorted now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm guessing (or hope) that $99 version of the game is a special edition...

Just bought this off eBay for $26. Is there a big footy club to join? Probably won't receive it until mid to late next week.

Pretty sure there is 2 (though the first one could be full already).

Dipped into online racing for the first time over the weekend. Had so much fun and the servers seem pretty reliable too (no issues for me).

12 cars jostling for position on a tight track with Hyper or Super class vehicles is crazy! :D

I did some online time trials the other night for a change of pace. Basically it gives you around 7 minutes to complete as many timed laps as you can, and everyone else's car is ghosted. For something a bit more chilled than the bash and crash of online races, it was pretty good. Still had some good battles.

Been meaning to try out the time trial events actually but went for the races for the double prestige offering - is there also drift events?

Just finished off all the rookie single player events - struggled with a few of the time trial events...until I changed my car and then I smashed them out of the park. :D

Dipped into online racing for the first time over the weekend. Had so much fun and the servers seem pretty reliable too (no issues for me).

12 cars jostling for position on a tight track with Hyper or Super class vehicles is crazy! :D

Got DC in my backlog, we'll have to get a Geordie race off going soon mate.

Does it have a 'nick the cars first' DLC? :p

*would have worked better on scousers, but beggars can't be choosers!

I don't think so. Not that I've seen anyway.

That's probably a good thing since I'm terrible at drifting! :p

For sure mate! I rock a 'Toon' livery on my cars. Even tried starting a 'Toon Tourers' club but couldn't get anyone to join.:( (Ended up joining Bigfooty2 which isn't so bad I guess.)

Here's a few samples of what's sitting in my garage :cool:
B8HrmliCMAEeCTB.jpg

B818v52CIAAKE9C.jpg

Does it have a 'nick the cars first' DLC? :p

*would have worked better on scousers, but beggars can't be choosers!

Oi! :D

*would have worked better with Mackems!

So does anyone else still play this? I've done 2 of the DLC packs now and just starting on the 'Redline'(?) one.

Need some help getting the 'unbeatable' trophy (the one where you need to challenge 5 people and finish top of the rankings when the timer expires). Happy to repay the favour.

Also, I think I got booted from the Bigfooty2 club (probably for spamming challenges lol) so if anyone has a club and wants to fill out with another member, I'm all ears. :D

So does anyone else still play this? I've done 2 of the DLC packs now and just starting on the 'Redline'(?) one.

Need some help getting the 'unbeatable' trophy (the one where you need to challenge 5 people and finish top of the rankings when the timer expires). Happy to repay the favour.

Also, I think I got booted from the Bigfooty2 club (probably for spamming challenges lol) so if anyone has a club and wants to fill out with another member, I'm all ears. :D

So you're the challenge spammer mezza. Yeah that was getting annoying.

Is it worth buying for $38 off the PS Store or can I get it cheaper elsewhere?

I think I paid around $40 on the PSN (got it when they did that 10% discount sale thingy). Not sure if you could pick up a second hand copy cheaper but I'd say $38 is a good price to pay - pretty enjoyable game.

I've also started to get the hang of drifting. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back