BigAnt Studios to develop AFL Live 3 - Petition

Remove this Banner Ad

My guess, a Carlton training simulator. You pick a Carlton player and run around handballing to other Carlton players. And then you go and queue up behind a witches hat. Waggle the joystick to eat an orange, that type of thing.

I played the last summer olympics game, and the 3000m event was effectively a Kane Lucas simulator.

My guess, a Carlton training simulator. You pick a Carlton player and run around handballing to other Carlton players. And then you go and queue up behind a witches hat. Waggle the joystick to eat an orange, that type of thing.

Sounds far too complicated for our blokes, we would handball to the witches hats :)

is there going to be an AFL Live 3?
which season will it be based on?
I believe it will be the 1943 season. Geelong won't be able to field a team due to the war so they won't be in the game.

I believe it will be the 1943 season. Geelong won't be able to field a team due to the war so they won't be in the game.
Hope it's got 50 year career mode so that I can play a couple of seasons as Adelaide. :thumbsu:

Hope it's got 50 year career mode so that I can play a couple of seasons as Adelaide. :thumbsu:

The only seasons you'll be able to play as Adelaide will be the 1997 and 1998 seasons. Trying to play them in any other year will result in system error and the Xbox showing the Red rings on death.

1914 (or was it 1916?) Play that season as Fitzroy, finish last and win the flag in the same season.

In all seriousness, how cool would it be if you could select an era, season or grand final to play in, with each era/year having unique game styles, different commentary, different uniforms, different ground atmosphere (eg streamers), different umpires, you name it. Oh and have black and white game play for pre 1975 (??) games.

They had something slightly similar in nba 2k12 where you play as some legends teams and I thought it was really fun so if the did something similar like that it would be so cool

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember in AFL Live 2004 you had classic scenarios. However, the teams were all modern day, which really killed it.

Making authentic classic scenarios is tough given you'd need to recreate 18 + interchange (however many at the time) just for a single game.

It'd work well if they had a Bradman Academy for the game though :) Apparently they have an Academy feature for the next NRL game.

Based on what I've played of Don Bradman, I'd request:

- PC not just Xbone/PS4 please.
- Career mode starting at 16-17. Can't be drafted until 18. Play like TAC Cup and things like that. Depending on what position you play, your stats determine who drafts you. You're a midfielder, averaging 25+ possessions and a goal you are a top 5 pick, one of the lower clubs from the obviously simulated season draft you. Average 20-25, first rounder, 15-20 2-3rd round stuff like that. Play in the reserves until you are good enough to be picked for seniors or through injuries. Get offered contracts at the end of each contract based on performance. Have XP gains like in DB.
- Only play as you in career mode. Probably hard to do but would be good to see. Might get boring playing for example as a forward for the Saints against Hawks and you're not getting much time but as long as you take the marks that go your way and stuff, you can still get picked.
- Coach mode. Same as career but you watch the game, making interchange calls, moving players around, making the sub, picking the team and the plans.

It always sh*ts me how much effort was put into Rugby League Live 1 & 2 compared to AFL Live
Playing DBC is always bittersweet because while I still love cricket, AFL is king to me, and an AFL game created to the DBC level would be the ultimate.

That level of customisation in an AFL game would probably see me staying on the lounge for a week. Guernsey creations where you can recolour any existing design, etc. People creating and uploading all the new draftees as soon as they're in the system. That would be heaven.

WHERE's MY AFL 3 GODDAMMIT

Sorry I had to get that off my chest. I don't have a fake sense of entitlement I just want a new AFL game before round 1 that's all.

It always sh*ts me how much effort was put into Rugby League Live 1 & 2 compared to AFL Live

RL Live 1 and AFL Live 1 are of a similar standard IMO.

RL Live 2, and in the future 3, will of course be better than AFL Live 1 because they are built on the foundation of earlier games.

The next Big Ant AFL Live game, should it ever happen, should be better than the RL, AFL and cricket games built together because it builds upon the foundation of all of them combined :)

Wait until you see RLL3 melbournemartin it is indeed better than all the previous combined :)

PS: I think AFL Live 1 is far better than RLL1

Rugby League ain't a huge passion as a sport but I think the quality of the video game would entice me enough to have a shot :)

I honestly forgot whether or not AFL Live 1 came before RLL 1.

Nevertheless, I had a blast on AFL. It was the first (and so-far only) fun AFL arcade game (as opposed to management games, where I did really enough TAR).

Still having a blast on Bradman too!

AFL LIVE 1 was awesome.
Very playable. A great start to what I thought was going to be built on.
Fun. Fifa like. Sure a few things to fix and improve but great start, especially on budget.

AFL 2 is dog crap.
Terrible. Unplayable. Cant shoot goals. Its not FUN at all. No rythum to the game.

Please I pray AFL 3 is bigant further developing AFL LIVE 1. Wouldnt take much. It was a great platform. With new generation consoles I am excited if bigant do this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back